OtakuBoards

The Simpsons: Not funny anymore.

Dragonboym2

[quote name='Gavin][SIZE=1']I could probably spend the better part of fifteen minutes trying to write down exactly what I think of The Simpson's progression as a syndicated comedy over that last decade and a half. Now I could do that, or I could just quote what Tony has said and save myself that fifteen minutes as I agree with pretty much everything he has said. The Simpson's lost it's spark many years ago and special guest celebrities and crappy storylines will not restore it to it's former glory. [/SIZE][/quote]

Yeah this pretty much seems to sum it up. I remember the old episodes were hilarious, especially the first few seasons. They are always the best of course. I think most people have moved on to Family Guy, I know I did. Its cliche but I learned to love it. The newest project Futurama, isn't too bad. Wish they would come out with new episodes though. Simpsons just never seems to die, and sometimes I wish they would just let it die and let me look back on the good ol' episodes. It seems as if every new one, is less funny then the next. It really has gone downhill....a lot. Let it go.

By the way I remember one old episode where Bart Simpson cheated on a test and went to a school for child geniuses. I think that was my favorite. For sure. Homer will always be the Home I know from the first season. Drinking Beer and Eating donuts on the couch.