OtakuBoards

Every Little Bit Hurts

Sun

Here's a pretty cool banner i just made. The title is "Every Little Bit Hurts" and the person on it is Sasuke Uchiha from Naruto. Hope everyone enjoys and be sure to comment on this piece.

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23258&stc=1[/IMG]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray]The absract background is a plus but I find that the picture its self was WAY to over lighted *puts sunglasses on* It kind messed with the color, It's a nice effect but I suggest fixing the color. The text is pixeled. It looks nice and stands out perfectly but I effect with the text could be a plus. Overall It's a pretty cool banner and VERY bright[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Well, it's good overall. Here's some minor adjustments to make.

[b]Font.[/b] Firstly, the quote is good, but doesn't match the image, and second, it looks awkward. I suppose the positioning is sporadic, and the words look feeble... like I could crush them with my pinky finger. Know what I mean? Perhaps a stroke/outer-glow/bevel would help make it a little "stronger" looking. Also, try using font that portrays the emotion felt in the image/quote. I'm guessing something a little sad/droopy/jagged.

[b]Sasuke.[/b] I like the abstract bg, but Sasuke is ehh. He has color, but isn't blending very well with the abstract bg. He's lost definition with the colors he's been given ... perhaps add another layer and darken him? Not exactly sure.

Good stuff. This, my friend, could beat me. ^_^[/SIZE]

[color=darkred][size=1]

I love the theme. But for two things. The font would look more dynamic if it were thicker, maybe a little more edgy in style. And the color of Sasuke is a little too bright. It hurts my retena looking at it too long. Maybe a darker color, crimson or dark orange maybe. A darker yellow or gold would help to soften it aswell.

Just my opinion, I love the concept though and pic of Sasuke though.[/color][/size]

Aright here's another version,

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23260&stc=1[/IMG]

Sorry, here's another one,

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23261&stc=1[/IMG]

[CENTER][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]Lovin the first one in the second post. The very first one was, yes, a bit bright but I thought it was quite good ^^ I very much like how you fixed it up, though.

I think the effect you used on Sazuke really makes the dark spots stand out and allows it to remove him a bit from the bg, while still looking like it blends.

On the text 'Rising Sun' in the very corner of the banner, it really looks more pixelated than the first one. I think you should have used a more orang-y color... Maybe not, because that would conflict as well. That is a tricky spot, because you can't go much lighter, and you can't go much darker without it looking unnatural... And anything in between is almost indistinguishable from the shirt. Tricky, tricky.

One more thing I'd change... Everything seems really nice, and it all flows perfectly and all of the colors match... Except the grey shadow. Maybe make it a bit... Warmer? I really don't think that kind of shadow effect works in this pic's favor, but it's not something that is really breaking either. It wouldn't hurt one little thing if it stayed the way it is, it's perfect enough ^^

I love it all. You are very talented and should keep this up! 9.7/10 (On the first banner in the second post.)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]The text "Rising Sun" on the 1 banner on my second post wasn't meant to be there. Well and for the suggestions that you made, I seemed to overlook that part. And with me being the idiot that i am i realized that all the layers were merged and now i can't fix anything on the banner.. I'm a bit pissed but you guys can tell me which one you like best and i'll decide to do something with it.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]