OtakuBoards

Older siblings, Younger siblings; What's with them?

Shadow Blade

[COLOR=GREEN]Ah, a sibling thread...

Well, I have three brothers, one older and two younger. Two of them are step-brothers (the oldest and the youngest) though. My older step-brother is 22 almost 23, about 3 and a half years older. I get along with him best out of the three, but he still acts like a 14 year old from time to time.

My younger brother is 17, two years younger. Sometimes I swear he's the spawn of the devil and was sent here for the sole purpose of making my life living heck. He may be younger than me, but he's a lot bigger and stronger than me, mostly because he plays football, which is bad since we get into a lot of physical fights. Though we do get along a tiny bit better since I started college, this now gives him lisence to say I no longer live at home every time I go home for break.

My younger step-brother is only 10, 8 and a half years younger. Him I get along with okay, mostly because he's into anime like me. As long as he doesn't bother me too much, and if he does I can always beat him up.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Indigo]My brother is three years older than me, but I'm much bigger than him. I'm the "bigger" brother. We've had disputes about that, till he put me in my place.

I have two little sisters, and I'm the oldest sibling in the house. Kinda sucks, as I still have no elderly power.[/COLOR]

I'm the youngest with 2 sisters and a brother. Right now since my sisters are home from university, they're just annoying me! One of them keeps rolling on me to bother me when I'm trying to sleep(on a school night too! And she's 23 by the way!) The other one is so blunt. She called me dumb for not realising Boo Radley from 'To Kill a Mockingbird' is white until ch. 29 and the book has 31 chapters... :animeswea She's almost 21. My brother... well he's my brother. He doesn't do much to bug me. I bug him more. But what annoys me the most about my siblings is how they sometimes gang up on me! Plus they love to tease and call me crazy.

But, we still get along well. Me and my brother actually talk to each other at school (he's 18 and I'm turning 16), and we're going on a school trip to France/Spain. My siblings and I actually hang out and have discussions with one another (like whether Madeline is an orphan or not... but this is now a forbidden topic in our house :animeswea ) But it's all good, except the fact my friends think they are so cool and funny, and the fact my siblings ignore me once in awhile. I only tolerate them sometimes because, one of the best things about being the youngest is that they give you stuff! :animesmil Plus, you can manipulate them!!! Muahaha :bellylol:

[QUOTE=Panda]I am not sure if it is my age or that I only have one sibling but I really love my big brother.

As kids we were the typical big brother and little sister. I wanted to hang out with him and he just tried to escape me. Anything he could I do I knew I could do too...which resulted in several visits to the doctor for me. When you are little motor skills just aren't as good as your older sibling's. I was following my brother on some monkey bars when I fell and broke my arm. Oops. I just wanted to prove to him that I could do what he could so that way I would be "accepted". I can't speak for all little siblings but that is what it was for me. I looked up to him and wanted to be like him.

I am not sure what it was like for him but I am guessing as an older sibling he didn't like me tagging along since he knew I would get hurt and he was suppose to be "responsible" for watching out for me. I can understand now that the responsibility of being the older sibling must have really been a burden...especially with a tomboy little sister with an "I can do anything" attitude. Looking back at it, I feel bad for him having to look out for me.

As we got older our relationship changed. He and I became friends. Now he comes by my house just to visit. He will "dog sit" for me when I go out of town and we support each other through difficult times. The things in the past that we had fought over are now topics to laugh about. Like when he shot me with a BB gun. "Ricochet"...yeah...I believe that. lol :p

He is my one and only brother. We had our fights when we were little but now as adults we are friends. He has known me for my entire life and that is something very special. It's said that your relationship with your siblings is the longest one you will have during your lifetime. Friends come and go, parents and older family members will probably pass away before you...but your siblings who are the closest to your age will be there the longest. I am lucky my brother and I get along so well.

Hopefully all of you with sibling problems will someday become friends and enjoy each others company.[/QUOTE]

It sure sounds like me and my older brother, I'm 20 years old and his 23. When we were kids I was all the time around him, and if he do something I would do the same thing without even thinking about it like you Panda, so yeah I got in trouble sometimes, but the most amazing thing is I was far more good then him to get to our roof :D (we usually go there to watch the stars more closer, please don't do that okie?Its DANGEROUS and we got grounded several times because of this, not a good thing :animeswea ), we had our fights because of that, which I understand now, because back then I was really terrible *lol*, but I was like that since I was the only girl in the house with two big brothers, my sister only born when I was around 6 years old, so that's why I wanted to be just like my big brother lol
Still now I try to be like him, and we are big friends, we both share the same interested so we are never bored and allways having fun in our PS2 especially when we have a disagrement, when that happens, one of us ask to the other: "Lets see whose right on Teken!" :p
Like I said in my previous post, my sister and I have a diference of 6 years, so its normal that we have our disagrements more often, but surprisely those last days we are getting more closer and we're understanding each other better, so like Panda said, you might have your fights and problems with your siblings but when you grow up, hopefully you'll have a good friendship with them and you might laugh when you remember those times you're passing now :animesmil

[quote name='shinji172']Your definatly not the only one. I am made to suffer by my little sister who does anything to get her way as well as make my life (no one elses) hell. Other than her I get on well with my family.[/quote]

Same goes for me!!! Aiy.....little sisters are soooooooooo annoying....the always wanna ruin your life, copy everything, and i mean [U]everything[/U] you do!!!....oh.....and they make your life hell :animesmil but.....amazingly...I [B]DO[/B] get along with her!! They're cute, in a non-cute way!!