OtakuBoards

Older siblings, Younger siblings; What's with them?

Shadow Blade

I don't know if anyone has any problems with their siblings, but I know for a fact that I do! I 'm actually the middle child of my family which means I must cope with my bratty, bossy, I-owe-all-the-candy-in-the-world-and-you-can't-have-any! little annoying brother. I swear he must spends all day, plotting ways to annoy me after school! * I wonder if there's a book called:" The younger siblings Guide to annoyig Older Siblings."* But in any case my Older siblings are a different story. I really do think that they love all the power that they posse from the day that they were born
and pronounce the Older Brother And Eldest Sister, boy does that send chills down back! As for me I'm basically their slave. M y older brother and sister have a "cause-i'm-older-that's-why! ego,attitude, personality.

So please tell me I'm not the only person enduring my older and younger siblings! PLEASE!

I have a brother and a sister and I'm the youngest out of the both. When I was younger me and my sister ALWAYS fought because she lives with me and I do admit I was a showoff type of kid. I was always close with my brother. We have never fought one day in my life. When my sister moved out,I got really sad and lonely. So after that, every time she came down to visit, we would hang out all day and go anywhere we want. We still do. Shes one of the best:D

Well i have 2 older brothers and one younger sister, which mean i'm the middle one :animesmil

Well i "fight" more with my younger sister because she's the younger one and my parents deffend her sometimes to much, and she loves to blame me if she broke or did something wrong, uhmmm....maybe we older siblings do make our younger brothers or sisters live a liing hell sometimes, but younger love to do also to the older ones! Anyway she's changing and growing up and we do "fight" less, so i'm sure your older brothers will eventually let you alone in some years, is just a normal thing to pick on younger siblings, just hang in there!^_~

Me and my little brother get along good and bad at times. We're both teenagers now so it's cool. 16 for me and almost 13 for him.
There are those times when we get in fights. Heck just recently I bashed him into the wall and was throwing punches and I was getting my hair pulled and getting kneed in the gut. Wrestling style.
I also have an older sister in college. She's cool. Never fought in our life. I look up to her. She's about 21.
But anyways. I also have a step sister and my brother and I bombard her like hell. We hate her like there was no tomorow. I know it sounds mean but she's a liar, a theif, and an annoying fat pig.
But all is good. I have other step siblings but they're all older and have their families to take care of.

i am the oldest of the real bro's and sis's and my eighteen yr old sister and seventeen yr brother are adopted. I hate have so many of these kids around and all the yelling but since i came to nd i really miss them so count ur blessings and be around em even if you cant stand them

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Well I'm eighteen and the eldest in my family with a pair of younger siblings, one brother and one sister. My younger brother is fifteen and two and a half years younger than me, and my sister is thirteen and just under five years my junior. I get on well most of the time with my younger brother as we share a lot of common interests and played together most of the time when we were younger, heck we spend a fair bit of the time joking around even now.

My little sister is a different kettle of fish altogether, over the last few years her attitude towards me has got progressively worse, most of the time it's just her demanding to be allowed watch things and cursing at me if I do something she dislikes. It's grating and very annoying and often leads to rows between us, but at the back of it all I love my sister very much and would do anything for her.

In a case of "which is worse" younger siblings definitely take the trophy, even though older siblings can be bossy and arrogant sometimes we have lived longer and are generally a little wiser than you.[/SIZE]

I have an older sibling who picks on me and a younger sibling who likes to steal my stuff, what's with them? They have friends , they should annoy their friends not me. My older brother is almost 20 and my younger brother is 15. I'm almost 16 so what in the world, I'm the middle child, pitty me

I am not sure if it is my age or that I only have one sibling but I really love my big brother.

As kids we were the typical big brother and little sister. I wanted to hang out with him and he just tried to escape me. Anything he could I do I knew I could do too...which resulted in several visits to the doctor for me. When you are little motor skills just aren't as good as your older sibling's. I was following my brother on some monkey bars when I fell and broke my arm. Oops. I just wanted to prove to him that I could do what he could so that way I would be "accepted". I can't speak for all little siblings but that is what it was for me. I looked up to him and wanted to be like him.

I am not sure what it was like for him but I am guessing as an older sibling he didn't like me tagging along since he knew I would get hurt and he was suppose to be "responsible" for watching out for me. I can understand now that the responsibility of being the older sibling must have really been a burden...especially with a tomboy little sister with an "I can do anything" attitude. Looking back at it, I feel bad for him having to look out for me.

As we got older our relationship changed. He and I became friends. Now he comes by my house just to visit. He will "dog sit" for me when I go out of town and we support each other through difficult times. The things in the past that we had fought over are now topics to laugh about. Like when he shot me with a BB gun. "Ricochet"...yeah...I believe that. lol :p

He is my one and only brother. We had our fights when we were little but now as adults we are friends. He has known me for my entire life and that is something very special. It's said that your relationship with your siblings is the longest one you will have during your lifetime. Friends come and go, parents and older family members will probably pass away before you...but your siblings who are the closest to your age will be there the longest. I am lucky my brother and I get along so well.

Hopefully all of you with sibling problems will someday become friends and enjoy each others company.

I'm my mother's second and my father's first, so in a way I am both the oldest and the middle kid. My older sister is 27, while my little sis is 17. I myself am 19.

I never really had a problem with my little sister, after we both cleared puberty, the stupid fights ended. We rather enjoy talking and spending time together.

But I stongly dislike my elder sis. She has made just about every mistake a human can make. Stealing from my parents and my grandmother (not to mention any cash I forgot to hide), getting hooked on every illegal drug known to man. Is an alchocholic, with really bad judgement. Try driving while drunk, with me and her daughter in the car. Or chasing me around our house in Chicago with a butcher knife while high as a kite. Sad part is, when I grew up, I wanted to be just like her. And that is where the bad feelings originate. While she as since cleaned up her act, mostly, I can't forgive her for what she's done.

So, yes, I know what it is to dislike a sibling. But here's to hoping that no one's story is as bad as my own, memories are a hard thing to forget. Let time flow by and look at your family with a different eye.

Icyeyes

Im the oldest of two kids, its just me, and my younger brother. We are only 18 months apart, which isnt much, but i brother always gets on my nerves, whenever hes sees oppurtunity to annoy me he takes it, even when i havent done anything wrong to him, hes always the starter of every arguement and fight between us. He gts so annoying and hes really mean to me, even though I am the oldest, i should eb the one whos mean to him, but somehow its fliped :animestun . i guess im just a nice person, and my brother is for some reason not so nice

My family must be pretty strange, for my older sister (she is the middle one) gets all the attention and gets no trouble from anyone. I have two older sisters and I'm the youngest. That's alot to take especially since there is such a wide age-gap between us that its astounding (not to mention the oldest is my half-sister which makes her even older). I get along ironically with my half-sister more so then my real sister, all we ever do is fight. We're opposites. She's the aggressive redhead and I'm the ditzy blonde. Okay so I'm not really all that ditzy. And I'm not all the way blonde. But anyways, we're all so different no one would guess we're sisters at all. Our personalities don't match, and because I'm the youngest I get picked on all the time. It's not fair when you don't have someone to pick on yourself, if only I had a little brother for instance...oh well.

[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][COLOR=Red][SIZE=1][B]I'm the youngest in the family! Ugh! I hate it! My Older Sister picks on me all the time! It's not that i'm a wimp or anything because i'm actually quite strong but i can't hold her off! She's 2 times bigger than me! I can't compete with that! :evil3: :grumble: Then in her i'm-so-much-better-than-you-because-i'm-older-attitude says i'm a poser and a wimp and then tells all my friends my secrets and how i'm a poser and stuff (even though i am definetly not a poser! :animeangr ) And then insults all my friends and stuff when she has even crappier friends!!!! :flaming: ugh! :mad: :angry2: :cussing: [/B] [/SIZE] [/COLOR][/FONT]

Noticing that most of us have annoying younger siblings that just wont go play in traffic.. err.. I meant go to their rooms very quietly and play with a hot iron.. oh crap.. well what i'm trying to say is just keep quiet, out of the way, prefferably contemplating how they can better serve me. Oh what it is to dream.

Anyways, I'm 15 and I have two younger siblings that are 13 and 6, both male. Currently the 6 year old is nagging to get on the computer when he just had like 7 hours to begin with but noooo the second I start to have fun he has to bust in. Well, the 6 year old worships the ground the 13 year old walks on and he like hates our little brother and uses him to get what he wants.

Edited by Lacuna Coil

[SIZE=1]Its not just you.I have an 8 year old sister and she is sometimes a pain.

I love her and all.I guess its because she always hangs out with me and my friends.We take her to little coffee shops and to the library and to play tennis and on bike rides.She is basically a good kid, but sometimes she gets out of hand.
I notice some of my snappishness in her when she is with her friends,and I feel a little guilty. She is mature beyond her years, but you didn't hear this from me. ;)

So yeah.Its like a sibling law to annoy their older and boss their younger.[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=seagreen]I am the eldest out of two, and I know the ups and downs of having a sib like the back of my hand. I'm the older sister, with a younger brother, and usually, we don't get along. He likes using the "I don't feel good" to get out of things. Ifinally got fed up with having my half of the chores done (laundry) and not ever having the kitchen done, so I stuck him cooking dinner, and I do both kitchen and laundry. I'm happy with it that way.

Unfortunately, he is afraid of the oven. An 11-year-old boy is afraid of the oven, and he looks like he could pass for 14, which is how old I am. What's funny is that most people don't see us fighting. We won't do it in public. We act like we're twins in public. Finish each others sentences, talk at the same time, make eye contact and then bust up laughing. it's wierd. No matter how annoying he gets, I still love and adore him. :)[/size][/color]

Guest sakazaki4693
[[COLOR=Navy]SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]I dunno whats wrong with them, but alll I know that either your sibling is older or younger than you, they're all very, very, annoying. Trust me. I know.

I'm twelve this year, and my bro is five years younger than me, which means he is seven years old. His voice is so loud, you can hear it even when you cover your ears with pillows. At night he snores, loudly. We fight each other always, out and in. When I say fight it means, flying kicks, punches, etc. Ever once I got so mad, I chase him arround the house. When we go for Karate classes, 100% he will come hitting me, with no reason.

I make him 'shut-uppo' by sitting next to the computer or going to the toilet. But usually I go into my room and swich on the radio. You may not belive it but my cousin is annoying then him.

~sakazaki~[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]I don't know what you're all on about. I have an 18-year-old brother, who also uses OB a lot [his username is Blackjack, if anyone wanted to know], and we get along fine most of the time. I think it may be the fact that we got to different schools, so our friendship groups don't clash at all, or maybe that we have just spent so much time around each other that we have gotten used to it, but I like to think we are good friends as well as brothers.

I mean, I know I can be a little annoying to him sometimes, and God knows he can be a lot grouchy sometimes [usually when he has just gotten up from a late night, or when he has been woken up by someone rather than waking up himself], but these times are very rare, so most of the time we get on great.[/SIZE]

[font=franklin gothic medium][color=#808080]I have three younger siblings (from 12 to 17). It's been an interesting experience, hehe.

Yes, there have been times where I've wanted to kill them. They've all been through those very difficult stages, which every kid usually goes through (although I was an abnormally good child, embarassingly enough).

But I have to say, as you get older, those things get ironed out. Your siblings mature and your relationship really improves and becomes stronger.

My sister (who is 17) and I used to argue constantly. Now, we are the very best of friends. And we're very similar people, too. So I think it worked out really well. The same is true for my younger brother, who is 14. He does still get on my nerves at times - in some ways we are both quite different people - but our relationship is generally incredibly good. We're great friends, we share everything and we make each other laugh a lot.

My youngest sister (12) is probably the one I'm least close to, largely because of the age difference. But having said that, we are getting closer all the time. And we have a lot of shared interests, which is nice. So I'm happy with that.

But yeah, in general I think that there's always going to be arguments and stuff. But in time you get over that and when you become adults, everything really changes. You mature and you start to get over the small niggling things.[/color][/font]

[color=darkolivegreen][size=1]My younger sister has been a pain since we were kids. She has, sort of, been the villain in my life. lol

Yes, she is now more matured but not the proper level of maturity for a 20-year old that I expect. She changed a lot and we can now have serious conversations but, sadly, the distance is still there because old habits don't die easily.

It's a different story with my 11 year old sister. She can be extremely good at times and can be uber bratty at other times. I have a closer relationship with her, though, since time permitted us to be alone together at home almost every day. Well, I think it's also because of the 'being an older sister' thing. I want to take care of her and guide her as she grows. I don't want to be a failure, as an older sister, to her (I think I am with my other one).

We can all have fun together but, of course, there are those times when we just want to kill each other. I don't think the arguments and the shouting will ever go away. It will only lessen as years go by because, as James said, you mature and realise you're fightng over the lamest things. ^_^;[/size][/color]

Believe me, I know what's that's all about.

I'm in a three kid family, and I happen to be the youngest. To top it off, I am a twin, and my other older sibling is a temperamental teenage sister.

My brother and I seem to clash more and more every day. Honestly, we just see too much of each other. We got to the same school, and we have [B]The EXACT same schedule[/B]. Yeah, that gets old. Fast. I love both of my siblings, but a lot of the time i just need time away.

My Room is my sanctuary. My laptop, my music, my video games, my window. I hang out in my room. Good way to get away from it all. But siblings. Oh yeah, I know all about how that can be.

[quote name='Fallen][size=1]...he can be a lot grouchy sometimes [usually when he has just gotten up from a late night, or when he has been woken up by someone rather than waking up himself']...[/quote] [color=DarkGreen]Hoi. Speak for yourself. I'm mainly grouchy if you're just hanging around in my room and I'm trying to get things done, and you won't pick up on the fact that I'm studiously ignoring you :animesigh

But hey, we have a far better relationship than a lot of the people that have been posting, so I'm grateful. It takes seeing other people's situations to realise just how good yours is in comparison a lot of the time.

It definitely is to do with not seeing each other all the time. I can see from scanning back through the thread that most of the people that see their siblings all the time (especially RyotheTactician - that really burns) are the ones that fight and argue all the time. It's an inevitable consequence of spending too much time with someone - it would happen with a friend as well, if you were stuck on a desert island with them, it just happens that much more with siblings because you've known them that much longer.
[/color][/size]

aww, brotherly love :catgirl:

But I too know the burden of having a younger sibling. I have a little sister, and well, she drives me crazy. I think its easier for siblings to get along when they're ages are closer. Me and my sister are 6 years apart and we fight all the time, just cause, well, shes a ***** :D

[COLOR=#004a6f]I have the worst position possible. I'm second oldest. Which means I get bossed around all the time by my older sister, yet I still have a lot of responibility over my three younger siblings (2 brothers and a sister). But they show me no respect and never listen to me. My older sister has a lot more contol over them than I do.

Of my three younger siblings, I guess I'm closest to my 16 year old brother, but he can be REALLY REALLY annoying sometimes. He can be quite spiteful at times. All my siblings have this problem with being spiteful and bothering everyone else just for the hell of it. It drives me nuts.

I share a room with my older sister and my little sister, and I'm telling ya, my younger sister (10 years old) is worse than all the others put together. She doesn't let me sleep. She never leaves me alone. Whenever I'm sleeping or trying to read she just keeps asking me pointless questions. I answer a few of them to enlighten her, but she just keeps talking! I tell her to shutup but then she says she can do whatever she wants. 'Fine by me', I tell her, and I decide to ignore her. Well instead, she keeps yelling my name over and over again at the top of her lungs, and if I don't reply, she climbs up to my bunk and hits me! :animeangr

And if it's not pointless questions she's asking me, it's the stupid knock-knock jokes (oh the humanity!), same scenario. I try again to ignore her (Nadine: "Knock-knock", Me: "nobody's home!).

Needless to say, I've beaten her up several times (no injuries, mind you). There's only so much nonsense a person can take.

And then there's my little brother (six years old). He's a real sweety, but he can't sit still for even a second. He has this problem with imitating any movie he watches. First it was E.T, then it was Harry Potter, and then Princess Mononoke (so what if it's rated 14+?), and now it's Spiderman. He's really obsessed.

Anyway, I was supposed to have a fraternal twin, but my mom had a misscarriage with my twin shortly after she became pregnant (we don't know the gender). It would have been nice to have a twin, someone your age who you can spend time with. Oh well.[/COLOR]

It's so good to know that I'm not the only one going insane by my older 18 yr. old sister, 17 yr. old brother, and 7 yr. old bother. Shoot! But at any rate I still love them. So it was good to hear *actually read* that some you guys actually experience the same thing that I go throught 24/7.