Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Hey if theres a thread already like this then sorry.

But I'm sitting in class bored out of my tree. So I thought about a game to play some one posts a quote from a movie or tv programme and then everyone has to guess and who gets it post another quote from a movie, tv programme of their choice.

(yes I've far too much time on my hands!)

heres mine

Jack: You know what old Jack Burton says at a time like this...

Thunder: Who?

Jack: JACK BURTON...ME!!
Posted
As soon as I pressed the 'Back' button to leave this page after giving up, it hit me like a ton of bricks. Big Trouble in Little China. I think Kurt Russel played Jack Burton. I think he was saying it to one of those magical bodyguard guys. I can only assume it was the guy in the hat who shot electricity out of his body.

Am I right?
Posted
YEP!!

It was to the guy that had sparks coming out of him!
This was supposed to be a kind of game that when you guessed the quote you put a quote on and someone guesses that and so on!

Really for people like me that get very bored during free periods!
Posted
I was just waiting for confirmation before posting my quote. It's a pretty easy one, though...

Person #1: What are your qualifications?
Person #2: Ah. Well, I attended Juilliard. I'm a graduate of the Harvard Business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague, and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen 'The Exorcist' about a hundred and sixty-seven times, and it keeps getting funnier every single time I see it! Not to mention the fact that you're talking to a dead guy!
Posted
Beetlegeuse ^^

[b]Quote[/b]: We've been going about this all wrong, ... he's a sailor, he's in New York, we get this guy laid we won't have any trouble.

-ArV
Posted
[COLOR=#95005E][SIZE=1]Wait... Ghostbusters? With the oversized marshmallow man (relative of the Pillsbury mascot?)?
Good movie. Loved the theme song to death.

[b]Quote:[/b] We are brave, Your Highness.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
That could probably have come from more than one movie, but the one I've heard it in is [i]Robin Hood: Men in Tights[/i].


Here's my next quote: "Two weeks ago, y'all was as useless as hen s*it on a pump handle.'
Posted
I don't have an answer. I just wanted to comment on my last quote.

That line was first said in "History of the World, Part 1" in the scene where the King of France (as played by Mel Brooks himself) proceeds to hump random female subjects. The women can't oppose him because he's king. Hence, "it's good to be the king."

Years later, Mel Brooks used that same joke again in "Robin Hood: Men in Tights" as a reference to "History of the World." "Robin Hood: MiT" also took the music of it's theme song from the 'Jews in Space' segment in "History of the World."

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...