OtakuBoards

I need to get back in shape...

Bloodseeker

[QUOTE]So, by resting and eating protein, your muscles will rebuild in tighter, stronger tissue patterns.[/QUOTE]

I definetley agree there. I didn't want to get into the nutrition of muscle building, because I had already posted enough, but protein is the most important thing you can eat if you wish to build muscles. It's also very important to eat complex carbs, such as oatmeal - i think- to keep up your day to day energy.

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New]I agree with you both that adequate nutrition is necessary for optimal muscle growth. You just can't exercise and not eat healthy, or at least a bit more consciously, and expect to tone up and get in shape.

As for your comment Merlicht, I would have to say that there is nothing wrong with the once a day curriculum. If you noticed my pattern, I try as much as possible to avoid using tired muscles every day. Hence the upper body, lower body pattern. Not only that, but you must also remeber that when working out big muscle groups like your chest and back, you're actually doing a compound workout, and not just solely working out the chest or back. It really hard to do.Instead, with the chest workout, you stress the tri's as well, and with the back, you get your bi's. And as for legs and and abs, you kinda got work on those a little everyday anyway, what with all the laughing and walking we do a day.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Well I guess the best I could say is to wish you good luck in getting back in shape. :animeswea Personally I'm not in the best shape. I try to walk several times a week to get in a cardio workout, but that's about all I can do. I've got two types of arthritis and other than walking and swimming most gym exercises and other forms of workouts are just too damn painful for me. Though walking on a treadmill works just fine. I'm not weak though as I can handle lifting around 75 pounds, which for someone with arthritis is a lot.

As for the diet aspect, well I am hypoglycemic so normal diets just make me sick, so I've no advise there either as what I eat is specific to keeping my bloodsugar up.

Basically I would try to find a regime that works for you and stick to it. :animesmil

[size=1][B]Equation Of Health[/B].

This is for every idiot who freaks out about carbs and kilojoules.

What you put in [< or =] what you put out = Weight loss [or] fitness.

The fact is, what you put in should be a constant coefficient, and the best way to stay healthy is to increase what you put out. Thats right folks. [b]Exercise[/b]. Play sport, it's better than working out. Jog, walk, swim.

Personally, I have been doing situps and pushups for around a year, and I have definitely noticed an improvement. I play sport only once a week now, but ever since I was six years old I have been involved in sports, and not only school-based ones. This year my life is slightly more sedentary, and I'd love to play more sport. Except I don't have as much time as I used to.

However, I've never been overweight, or even chubby. I'm between 50-60kg, which is probably the ideal weight for me.

Mum and I don't eat incredibly healthy all of the time, but most nights we have vegetables, and we very rarely have fast-food.

I completely fail to see why people get so freaked out about 'dieting' and stuff like that. Metabolic rate is an important part of how quickly you gain weight, but surely people realise that exercise and healthy eating isn't very difficult....surely they must realise.[/size]

[QUOTE=Sean][SIZE=1]I play guitar, that's realy the only exercise I get. Well, apart from Physical Education at school where we get made to hit balls at each other. ~_^

But to get fit, all you need to do is:[list]
[*]Eat Healthy Foods
[*]Keep Constant Exercise
[*]Visit A Gym From Time To Time[/list]

And that's all I can think off...>>;;[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Sean's right, but I'd like to expand what he's saying.

I run a mile in about 5 minutes and 4 seconds, although I'm only 7th fastest on track, I'd say its decent. My diet is kind of odd, but here goes:

Honey Bunches of Oats or french toast for breakfast (unlimited portions with maximum syrup for the FT)

ham sandwhich and Coke for lunch

huge red steak or pasta for dinner (unlimited portions)

I don't really snack, and am very active, so I'm not sure how good that diet really is. Of course there are some fruits and such in there, but there is no specific time for them.

The excercise thing is the biggest one for me, and once you get started I think you'd enjoy it. When I'm not playing Diablo 2 (which is most of the time) I'm out mowing, or playing basketball, or tennis, or golf, or anything. It's not about one specific thing, but rather finding what verb you like and DOING it.

Just running in the park while you drink a frappacino (spell?) with your friends is great fun, or put your treadmill in front of the TV and play PS2 while you are jogging. Ahh, jogging is another good one, get up nice and early and run around your neighborhood, it's a great time for thinking and pondering things.

Dancing is awesome fun and awesome excercise. Tango, squaredance, etc. are great ways to get chicks (or dudes I guess....), get fit, and have tons of fun. Its all about having fun, not your skill or grace, some of the best dancing I've ever had was with clutzy girls.

If you are going to take the gym route, as I have, it can't be just once in a while. You've got to pick a schedule (easy at first) at discipline yourself to it. Alternate muscle groups and do different routines each night, to keep the muscle guessing and your mind active. Your local trainer can help you out with that.

Guest Dark Lady Raven
running every morning helps.... i mean i have lost 10 pound just from running :catgirl: