OtakuBoards

The Notorious B.I.G.

Genkai

The Notorious B.I.G., aka Christopher Wallace, is among my favorite rap artists.

His amazing wordplay and multisyllabic rhymes over the phattest beats and in his soothing but gangsta voice blow me away.

"Ready To Die", to me, is undeniably the best rap album of all time (I'll save my arguments against "Illmatic" for another time).

Thoughts?

I don't want this necessarily to turn into a Tupac/Biggie battle, but of course mention of the talented west coast rapper is allowable.

Please discuss.

[color=sienna][size=1]

Biggie Smalls was an artist a little before my time, while he did rap and come out during my life time, it was during a time when I was very young and didn't listen to music. But I have heard him and quite a few occasions, and just from those times, I found that he may have been one of the most intelligent MC's ever. Yes, he did talk about violence and sex and drugs in his songs more than anything, the way he did it was so intricate and so detailed, that it demanded respect. His vocabulary and delivery was nearly flawless. I mean, here is an example of violence in a line that just sounds so funny and so... amazing, that it demands some recognition:

"I press it hard, leavin' creases/
Cuttin' up bodies and talkin' to the peaces/"

or

"N****z is mad cuz I get more butt than ashtreys/
But don't get mad, cuz I get money the fast ways/
Ski mask ways, and ransom notes/
He ain't handsome, but damn a n**** coked/"

Thats genius to me...[/color][/size]