OtakuBoards

Tech N9ne - Anghellic

Nomad

[COLOR=DimGray][SIZE=1]Here's a recent banner I've made. I decided to try and make my own background on my own instead of just overlaying and soft-lighting random tutorial backgrounds, and I like the way it turned out :animesmil .

Comments & Critique appreciated.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[IMG]http://img73.echo.cx/img73/3509/anghellicbanner1oo.png[/IMG]

[SIZE=1]A very intriguing way you've blended in the stock. I especially like how the shirt is almost part of the background (which looks like a wall). But, I don't like his head, and how it's covered up by random grungy things. Maybe if you extracted his head, and put it above the rest of the layers, it would look better? Just a thought.

Finally, the font is pretty good, but I don't like how it's placed. Maybe it's being nit-picky, but "Tech N9ne" should be lined up with "Anghellic," to make things more organized. I must admit, I don't like the font for "Anghellic," but I love "Tech N9ne"s. What did you use for it?

This banner makes me want to give overlaying and soft lighting a chance. Heh. Good banner.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DimGray][SIZE=1]His head is actually standing out more than it originally was from the original picture. I don't know if it'd look good coming out a bit more, but may try it. I don't like to align my text with each other just because, well, I don't like to. I've seen it aligned enough in other banners. I used Kingspike or something like that for the "Tech N9ne" font. Too lazy to look up the name.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I for one do like the image. Everything flows very well and it all seems to blend in well. I really don't care how people place text unless its over the render then it ruins it. Colors seem nice and it had a nice feel. Id also like to say that its not hard on my eyes which allows me to see the whole image instead of certain pieces. I really cannot comment on the head since I like it the way it is, It might stand out a little to much but then again it hasn't been tried.

Very nice