OtakuBoards

Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends

DeathBug

This show has been out for a few months, and it's re-ignited my love of cartoons. Unlike most of Cartoon Network's new offerings, it's not trying to be "edgy" or "styalyzed", and is a cartoon in the classic mold.

The simple premise, the existance of imaginary friends created by young children, allows for all sorts of plotlines, and characters of any design. (And filler characters for all occassions.) The characters are each unique and clearly-defined, and Bloo is this generation's Daffy Duck.

So, does anyone else dig this show?

[SIZE=1]*Raise hand* I do, I've watched it since it first came out in England. Awesome stuff, it''s good because it's different from most cartoons. And it's funny, mixed with corny jokes there are some good jokes that give you a break from really kiddy jokes on the other shows (I'll admit they do entertain me, but FHFIF is much better in terms of humour). It reminds me of The Grim Adventure of Billy and Mandy, that's like a totally evil cartoon with lots of gruesome stuff in it. Why is that anything like FHFIF? Because they're both different.

I believe it was started about a year or so ago in America, but it didn't take off so they cancelled it and only recently brought it back. I think it was also made in a different programme than most cartoons (something Media Flash thing, sorry, it's too late at night to remember things), though the animation is class. Have you noticed the outlines? There aren't any really bold outlines, the creator said something about not having bold outlines like he did in the Power Puff Girls because he notice he didn't have to give the characters/background really thick outlines. That's also something I like.

I agree with you; Bloo's this generation's Daffy Duck. He's too cool and too funny to be classed as a good cartoon character, he's an amazing one. I can see why kids on the cartoon always want a Bloo... (though Coco, Mr. Herrimen and Frankie are my favourites Bloo still comes close, he's just a class character).

I love this show... seriously, since we get things "second" over here I'm forced to read cruddy reviews of the show... then I have to wait. You wouldn't believe what I did to my brother for not taping "Frankie My Dear", I was waiting so long to see that one.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Georgia]I watch show and I like it. Unfortunately, I haven't seen too many episodes. I have to agree with the both of you, Bloo is the best character on the show. My second favorite though, is Frankie!!! Sorry. Gotta love the Spanish friend. :animesmil [/FONT] [/SIZE]