OtakuBoards

Samurai Pizza Cats and lack of existance

ForgottenRaider

Recently I got a few music clips done to anime (aka anime clips) from a mate. One of them happened to be from Samurai Pizza Cats which I quickly remembered from when I was very young, back when agro's cartoon connection was newish and cheeze tv wasn't even thought of. Bringing back all of those good memory's I thought for a laugh it would be great to get the whole series and sit down and watch it all with friends who all remember it too.

Problem is it doesn't seem to exist any more. Which is why I am asking for some help. Does any one know of a way of obtaining some thing this old?

Does any one else even remember it? :p

All I've got to say is go look for a torrent. Plus, you'll get to see all of the good stuff that was undoubtedly cut out for American audiences!

[color=red]Google search for Cat Ninden torrent![/color]

That's a good place to start.

And yeah, I remember Samurai Pizza Cats. I was almost never up early enough to watch it, but when I was, I always enjoyed it. On a side note, I hated Bananas in Pajamas. That show caused me to go back to sleep at 5 rather than get up for SPC so many times...

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]I know it's an indirect connection, but linking to (links of) illegal download files are still against OB's Rules. The Search term should be enough for starters, heh. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

Oh god that was such a great show. I vaguely remember somethings about it, but I remember loving it. It was just really really funny, my friends and I have been hunting down any way possible to get our hands on the old stuff...legally, but so far nothing.

Screw legality. That stuff's old, it hasn't officially been on the market for a LONG time. I can't find anything official on it, but I'm almost completely sure that no company in the US has the licensing rights. Anime companies in Japan don't usually care about people here pirating the stuff that isn't licensed to anyone in the US, so not even the fansubbers have a whole lot to worry about. And have you ever heard of people getting fined just for downloading torrents? I haven't.

Just go for it. Its probably the only way that you're ever going to see that show again, and the chances of you getting in trouble are slim to nil.

[color=#503f86]Funnily enough, I ran an eBay search a few seconds ago, to find that the first volume of the series has been released on DVD (circa 2003)... It contains the first five episodes, character bios, and is in English. And apparently, the quality's terrible.[/color]
[color=#503f86][/color]
[color=#503f86]Chances are it'll be released soon, what with increasing demand for vintage shows and anime on DVD.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
Being cursed to wake up at almost dawn through my childhood along wit ha short awake span, this show was my morning ritual. Much like anny other anime I saw at that age, it took me a while to realize that it was anime. But looing back, it was such a good show. AMVs I found to the SPCs were from Aqua songs like butterfly and cartoon heroes, but for those who have seen the series, its fun to relive it again. I really do need to find this series and check it out again, just for the heck of it. Maybe it will be on DVD soon, I don't know, but I suggest that anyone who grew up with this series to give it props for its awesome characters.

I've had a good look for it now and I've had no luck finding a decent quality copy of it anywhere. I've found half an episode on a very old VHS tape though it wasn't watchable. :(

Also seeing as it is very old I have no moral problems pirating it though even after a good look around the usual places it doesn't seem like any one has it. Though when it was on TV the internet wasn't some thing that people used every day, let alone to send shows over it...

I'll keep looking thought I don't think I will have any luck. Just would have been cool to watch it again. :)