OtakuBoards

Songs that get on your nerves

ChibiHorsewoman

[color=darkviolet]Oh songs that annoy me!

[b]Mr. Brightside- by the Killers[/b]

This song was catchy annoying at first, but I've heard it so many times I think I'm going to punch out a radio if I hear it again.

I've suddenly stopped caring that this guy was in a cage and then someone got laid and it wasn't him. Boo Hoo, too bad let's all move on.[/color]

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically anything that's on the radio today. Some of the songs they play constantly just get so tedious. Like [b]Crazy Frog[/b]. Oh goodness, what is the world coming to? And other songs like mainstream rap. 50 Cent, Eminem, Mike Jones. Horrible songs by those rappers. It's just not like it used to be.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Songs that annoy me? Pretty much anything made by a band that came around in the last 5 years, particularily Rap and these cant-sing-but-have-big-boobs women who take over the market.

The one and only topper is Candy Shop, or however the illiterate 'artist' calls it. I swear that when ever I hear this song I get the urge to just stab whoever is enjoying it; how that song became so popular I shall NEVER know. It's like that 'Toooo the windowwwwwwwwwwww to the walllll' piece of crap that was around awhile ago. I cannot believe that anyone could listen to that crap. Just thinking about it makes my bloody boil. Why is it so hard for people now-a-days to have taste? Is it like a prequisite of being a teenager today? Dammit am I lucky I dodged the ******-music bullets.

LONG LIVE THE GOLDEN AGE! LONG LIVE ROCK! LONG LIVE THE GODS OF ROCK![/COLOR]

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]
I just thought of this and had to add it: [b]Isn't Gwen Stefani a bit [i]old[/i] to be singing songs based on High School experiances?[/b][/color][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]I just thought of this. Aren't you a bit [I]old[/I] to be posting on the boards? Nope.
She can do what she wants, and so can you.

Looks like I'm the lone defender of Gangsta rap, hip-hop, and R&B. Look, say what you want, but there are some seriously talented artists in there. Usher has talent. Alicia Keys has talent. Snoop Dogg and Pharell have talent. Mariah Carey has talent. I could go on and on. If you guys dislike artists, fine. But don't go hating everybody else and calling them idiots for liking the song, or genre, or whatever.

I don't like most rock bands. Metallica, System of a Down, Korn, and all those wrist-slashing-goth-people. Linkin Park is the only rock band I could ever stand- no, wait, there's Green Day, they're good.[/SIZE]

Amen, Ilium.

I can't stand that stuff either. All that dirty rap that's telling teenagers (which I am), "j00 have sex! Have sex now! Do it! Doooo it!". Pisses me off who knows how much...and everone still seems to love it..why? And especially me. You know why? Cause I'm African-American. So of course being a black male teenager, you're [I]supposed[/I] to like 50 cent, curse like a drunken sailor, talk about having sex, and talk like an illiterate hobo. Screw modern teen culture. Especially the stereotypical African-American part.

~R.E.

[QUOTE=Your Mother][SIZE=1]

Looks like I'm the lone defender of Gangsta rap, hip-hop, and R&B. Look, say what you want, but there are some seriously talented artists in there. Usher has talent. Alicia Keys has talent. Snoop Dogg and Pharell have talent. Mariah Carey has talent. I could go on and on. If you guys dislike artists, fine. But don't go hating everybody else and calling them idiots for liking the song, or genre, or whatever.

[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[color=darkslateblue] Naw, I'm right here with you. I have tremendous respect for hip-hop and R&B. Hello? Kanye West? Alicia Keys? Ludacris? And I [i]really[/i] don't want to start dancing to soft rock songs.

Now onto the songs I hate.

[b]All the Way Down[/b]. Ryan Cabrera. Ten seconds of this song creates within me a homicidal rage. [b]I Don't Wanna Be[/b]. Gavin McGraw. Possibly worse than [b]All the Way Down[/b]. Just one question:

HOW.

How did those two songs become so popular? I even LIKE pop music, and I wanted to throw up all over these two singers. [/color]

[QUOTE=Your Mother][SIZE=1]I just thought of this. Aren't you a bit [I]old[/I] to be posting on the boards? Nope.
She can do what she wants, and so can you.

I don't like most rock bands. Metallica, System of a Down, Korn, and all those wrist-slashing-goth-people. Linkin Park is the only rock band I could ever stand- no, wait, there's Green Day, they're good.[/SIZE][/QUOTE][COLOR=DarkRed]

Green Day and Linkin Park don't quialify as Rock. They're Power Pop at best. Green Day was rock, but now their terrible. And KoRn, SoaD, Metallica, that's not what Rock is confined too. What about Dire Straits? Rush? Led Zepplin? The Beatles? Rock has many genres, many styles, and if all you listen to is this 'rock' that comes out now-a-days I can see why you'd dislike it. Download Sultans of Swing or Roll the Bones and than tell me you don't respect Rock.

Usher, Alicia Keys, Carey, they aren't the people out there singing 'SMAK HER WITH YA DICK SMAK HER WITH YA DICK' and 'I got ho's in diffrent area codes' and Snoop Dog is more talented than your average rapper, but he's still just out there making MVs about landin' tail and exploiting women. It's not about the music with rap. They count on the MV. It's liket aht with most new music. Bloody new music... Even if they had talent it's just squandered.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Ilium][COLOR=DarkRed]

Green Day and Linkin Park don't quialify as Rock. They're Power Pop at best. Green Day was rock, but now their terrible. And KoRn, SoaD, Metallica, that's not what Rock is confined too. What about Dire Straits? Rush? Led Zepplin? The Beatles? Rock has many genres, many styles, and if all you listen to is this 'rock' that comes out now-a-days I can see why you'd dislike it. Download Sultans of Swing or Roll the Bones and than tell me you don't respect Rock.

Usher, Alicia Keys, Carey, they aren't the people out there singing 'SMAK HER WITH YA DICK SMAK HER WITH YA DICK' and 'I got ho's in diffrent area codes' and Snoop Dog is more talented than your average rapper, but he's still just out there making MVs about landin' tail and exploiting women. It's not about the music with rap. They count on the MV. It's liket aht with most new music. Bloody new music... Even if they had talent it's just squandered.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=darkslateblue] Most of them are just entertainers. Er. Yeah, that's what I think. But rapping itself is a talent, I overflow with awe for people who can free-style rap or a capella it just out of nothing but their minds. AND...basically, you've only been listening to mainstream rap. Seriously, would you like it if everyone judged the 'rock' genre on what they hear on MTV and the radio? Because, yeah, that would suck, too.[/color]

[quote name='Lunox][color=darkslateblue'] Most of them are just entertainers. Er. Yeah, that's what I think. But rapping itself is a talent, I overflow with awe for people who can free-style rap or a capella it just out of nothing but their minds. AND...basically, you've only been listening to mainstream rap. Seriously, would you like it if everyone judged the 'rock' genre on what they hear on MTV and the radio? Because, yeah, that would suck, too.[/color][/quote]
[COLOR=DarkRed]
I'm not complaining about the freestyle rap, though I do find it incredibly boring, I'm saying that the most annoying stuff ever made, the worst music possible, is the rap that gets played on MTV and Much and all those excuse-to-play-advertisements that populate the airwaves. I don't see how wearing pants 3 sizes to large, being illiterate, and acting 'gangsta' is in anyway cool or entertaining; seems rather stupid, frankly. The only entertaining rapper ever is J-Roc and that's only because he's got Mike Clattenburg and Mike Smith writing the show.

Besides, as talented you need to be to come up with lyrics on the fly, have you ever tried to play guitar? As easy as it looks it is probably one of the hardest things to learn; and to be as good as people like Hendrix or Clapton or Lifeson or Page, it's nearly impossible. Listen to the band Rush; it has one of the best guitarists who's ever lives (Alex Lifeson) the single greatest drummer to ever play (Neil Peart) and a not-to-shabby Bassist and Vocalist (Geddy Lee) and they cordinate so well, it's amazing the amount of talent. It makes rappers, even free-style ones, look like children hitting sticks together. [/COLOR]

I dont know how to do the quote thing

but i noticed that Lunox said that rock has many diffrent styles.

so dose rap.

old school rap
r&b
hip hop
mainestrem rap
gangsta rap
hood rap
hardcore rap
dirty south rap
midwest rap
and alternative rap
and from what read in vibe mag. lil jon made crunk rap.

[QUOTE=Osaka]I dont know how to do the quote thing

but i noticed that Lunox said that rock has many diffrent styles.

so dose rap.

old school rap
r&b
hip hop
mainestrem rap
gangsta rap
hood rap
hardcore rap
dirty south rap
midwest rap
and alternative rap
and from what read in vibe mag. lil jon made crunk rap.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkRed]
What's your point? I've heard many Rap genre's, and they all sound pretty similar, though there are some exceptions. Besides, Lil' Jon is probably the WORST rapper around right now. Just because there are a lot of genre's doesn't mean that they're talented. It takes a hell of a lot more talent to form a band and think up lyrics and cords and preform them well to, [I]basically[/I] get up on a stage and talk in an imitation of song.[/COLOR]

rap, and anything of the Britney Spears etc. genre give me a major headache (I'm a barbie girl is HIGH on the list)...don't even ASK why. There were a few exceptions, but I can't remember them :animesigh

Also, the infamous "I know a song that gets on everybodies nerves" Waaay too over sung... :animestun

[QUOTE=Osaka]I dont know how to do the quote thing

but i noticed that Lunox said that rock has many diffrent styles.[/QUOTE]

[color=darkslateblue] Uh, no. No, I didn't. Yeah, rock does have many different styles, but if you READ my post, I was trying to defend hip-hop.[/color]

[quote name='Ilium']Besides, as talented you need to be to come up with lyrics on the fly, have you ever tried to play guitar? As easy as it looks it is probably one of the hardest things to learn; and to be as good as people like Hendrix or Clapton or Lifeson or Page, it's nearly impossible. Listen to the band Rush; it has one of the best guitarists who's ever lives (Alex Lifeson) the single greatest drummer to ever play (Neil Peart) and a not-to-shabby Bassist and Vocalist (Geddy Lee) and they cordinate so well, it's amazing the amount of talent. It makes rappers, even free-style ones, look like children hitting sticks together. [/quote]

[color=darkslateblue] That was...stupid. Really. Yeah, I agree that playing any musical instrument is very hard (I play the cello and piano), and even harder to make what you play musical. You know what? It takes an amazing amount of talent to play string instruments as well as people like Gil Shaham or Yo-Yo Ma. A tremendous, gigantic amount of hard work, studying, practicing, and talent. They their lives into their music, and they're effing good at what they do. But it is disgusting that you would just throw down another talent you've never even stepped into like that. What, you think playing the guitar trumps any musical talent? [/color]

[quote name='Lunox][color=darkslateblue] [color=darkslateblue'] That was...stupid. Really. Yeah, I agree that playing any musical instrument is very hard (I play the cello and piano), and even harder to make what you play musical. You know what? It takes an amazing amount of talent to play the cello and piano as well as people like Gil Shaham or Yo-Yo Ma. A tremendous, gigantic amount of hard work, studying, practicing, and talent. But it is disgusting that you would just throw down another talent you've never even stepped into like that.[/color][/quote]
[COLOR=DarkRed]
The people who actualy do the music, the sound effects etc, are IMO the only really talented people involved in Rap. The people I'm saying are terrible are the people who get up there and SOMEHOW become popular 'singing' things like Candy Shop or anything by Lil' Jon or, well, pretty much any popular rap. That's what I'm complaining about. I think that the non-mainstream rap, though still pretty terrible IMO, is a grand improvment.
[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Lunox][color=darkslateblue] Uh, no. No, I didn't. Yeah, rock does have many different styles, but if you READ my post, I was trying to defend hip-hop.[/color]

Ooops :animenose
sorry 4 gettin you mixed up. :animeswea but i did read it by the way sorry :o

[color=darkviolet]I just heard the dumbest song today! And it's by one of my favorite bands :animecry:

[b][u]My Humps[/u]- By Black Eyed Peas[/b]

That song is so wrong and stupid. If I ever have to sit through that whole song again I'll throw something at the radio. Seriously music is going downhill.[/color]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet']Seriously music is going downhill.[/color][/quote]
[SIZE=1]I have no idea what people are talking about when they talk about music like this. While this is largely based off opinion, I don't think music has gotten much worse in my 15.8 years of life, and if anything, things are moving up. Yes, you hit a little rut, but things are becoming more innovative, artists are branching out, and music is becoming much more diverse and interesting, IMHO.

As for rap getting on people's nerves, again, another opinion. A pretty valid one, too. I have to admit, the whole f_cking b__ches nonsense and this gangsta mentality is getting really, really old. I do, however, admire those who are clever with their lyrics (underground). And most of all, I respect the fluency of these people. While they're not singing, or making their own beats, some really have good messages embedded in complex rhyme layouts. Next time you listen to a rap song not by 50 cent or Lil John, think about it.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Retribution][SIZE=1']I have no idea what people are talking about when they talk about music like this. While this is largely based off opinion, I don't think music has gotten much worse in my 15.8 years of life, and if anything, things are moving up. Yes, you hit a little rut, but things are becoming more innovative, artists are branching out, and music is becoming much more diverse and interesting, IMHO.[/SIZE][/quote]
[COLOR=DarkRed]
Seriously? You honestly think that the artists (It hurts to call them that) like Spears, and the rest of thoselook-I-can't-sing-but-I-use-cool-effects-in-vids-buy-my-album artists can in anyway compete with, say, Rush or Dire Straits or... [I]anything[/I] from the Golden Age of Rock (Men Without Hats nonwithstanding)? Yes there are some artists that are innovative, but the vast magority of the uber-popular bands out there make their careers because they have a pretty face and can pay for some impressive MVs?

Do we agree on one thing? [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Ilium][COLOR=DarkRed]
Seriously? You honestly think that the artists (It hurts to call them that) like Spears, and the rest of thoselook-I-can't-sing-but-I-use-cool-effects-in-vids-buy-my-album artists can in anyway compete with, say, Rush or Dire Straits or... [I]anything[/I] from the Golden Age of Rock (Men Without Hats nonwithstanding)? Yes there are some artists that are innovative, but the vast magority of the uber-popular bands out there make their careers because they have a pretty face and can pay for some impressive MVs? [/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[SIZE=1]Well, considering we all toss Spears & Co into the bin of "Failure," I would definitely say music is moving forward. Again, this is personal opinion, so... the Golden Age of Rock really doesn't appeal to me. I'm pretty content with the newer rock/techno/what have you.

Really, I don't judge bands on their music videos. I listen to them, and if I like it, I get the CDs. Radiohead's a good example for me; I have three CDs for them, and I don' think I've ever seen a video. Granted, that's not to say other people are like me, but in general, I don't think music quality is degrading. [/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Retribution][SIZE=1]Well, considering we all toss Spears & Co into the bin of "Failure," I would definitely say music is moving forward. Again, this is personal opinion, so... the Golden Age of Rock really doesn't appeal to me. I'm pretty content with the newer rock/techno/what have you.

Really, I don't judge bands on their music videos. I listen to them, and if I like it, I get the CDs. Radiohead's a good example for me; I have three CDs for them, and I don' think I've ever seen a video. Granted, that's not to say other people are like me, but in general, I don't think music quality is degrading. [/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkRed]
Maybe it's not so much the music quality as the fans. I'm sure anyone with half a brain can recognize Brit for what she is; a lame shill of a musician. But yet they still manage to top the charts with every single? Why? Is this some terrible message of things to come for our generation? TRUE, there are still some innovative bands out there. But the vast magority are [I]crap[/I] that build their carreers on MVs.

I have to respect your opinion, though I cannot fathom the motives. IMO most new music seems to be a cop out, a shadow of it's former glory. Even if some of the Punkrock out there is still pretty decent and entertaining, the vast magority of popular music is the 'Hey look! Ok, I cannot sing. True. But! I do have nice boobs.' or somthing along those lines. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Ilium][COLOR=DarkRed]Maybe it's not so much the music quality as the fans. I'm sure anyone with half a brain can recognize Brit for what she is; a lame shill of a musician. But yet they still manage to top the charts with every single? Why? Is this some terrible message of things to come for our generation? TRUE, there are still some innovative bands out there. But the vast magority are [I]crap[/I'] that build their carreers on MVs.[/COLOR][/quote]
[SIZE=1]You make a very interesting point. Yes, the fans, IMHO, are becoming increasingly gullible. Breasts = fans nowadays. I guess it's also partially due to the 12 year old girls who go nuts of N*SYNC and buy five copies of all their CDs.

Didn't girls use to squeal over [i]good[/i] bands, like the Beatles? *sigh* Perhaps it's a mix of the two factors, and I'm remaining oblivious to such matters.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Retribution][SIZE=1]You make a very interesting point. Yes, the fans, IMHO, are becoming increasingly gullible. Breasts = fans nowadays. I guess it's also partially due to the 12 year old girls who go nuts of N*SYNC and buy five copies of all their CDs.

Didn't girls use to squeal over [i]good[/i] bands, like the Beatles? *sigh* Perhaps it's a mix of the two factors, and I'm remaining oblivious to such matters.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkRed]
Well, if you look at it as a whole, some parts of music are going forward. Yes, some have taken up the mantle left by The Golden Age and kept it alive. But the vast majority of new bands are just shrill cop outs. That's why I think that Music, as a whole, has gone down hill. [/COLOR]

[color=darkslateblue] I always like to think there always a bunch of BS in the media, even during the golden ages or whatever you call it. Even if a vast majority of people are, in your opinion, pulling music down, there will always be a select few with enough passion and talent to move music forward. Music, like everything else, is always evolving. I never understand why so many people are always saying that their generation is shot to hell, or we're degrading everything in sight. EVERY generation has had people say something like that, and the end of the world hasn't come yet. Within every music genre there are people radiating with talent, so I try and respect every genre. Yes. Even country. :] Every genre has had its impact somewhere...and hip-hop/rap being freakishly very important to music history, I think at least everyone has to have one ounce of respect for one facet of it.

And not to mention everything is based on opinion. Music is too...vast for anyone to judge it as a whole. Other than the fact that it's amazing. You can only imagine what classical geniuses might think of modern music. Would they imbrace it as music or think of it as horrifying? Eh.[/color]

Well that's the easiest question asked. The song that gets on my nerves the most is "over and over again". How much I hate that song. I also hate all songs that has to do, or pertains to hip-hop, gangster rap, and country. Especially since country is not what it use to be in the good old days, with a twang to it. Instead it turned into the cursed music of hip-hop. And while I'm on a roll here, I also hate songs have to deal with a girl singing about her damn heartbreak! I mean there are fish in the ocean right?

[QUOTE=Ryo the Tactician]Amen, Ilium.

I can't stand that stuff either. All that dirty rap that's telling teenagers (which I am), "j00 have sex! Have sex now! Do it! Doooo it!". Pisses me off who knows how much...and everone still seems to love it..why? And especially me. You know why? Cause I'm African-American. So of course being a black male teenager, you're [I]supposed[/I] to like 50 cent, curse like a drunken sailor, talk about having sex, and talk like an illiterate hobo. Screw modern teen culture. Especially the stereotypical African-American part.

~R.E.[/QUOTE]

Oh come on there is more than one radio station. people who listen to "dirty" rap and do have sex, do that of their own free will. artist like Kanye West rap about issues in society. Only song that i hate by him is, "Jesus Walks"

But i see where u are comin from with the stereotypes. People always wonder why you hear this blaring metal comin out of my headphones.

Ignorant White Guy: dude, why u listinin to slipknot u supposedto listen to 50cent.
Me: Um... I'll listen to what i want so go bang your sister.
Stereotypical Black Guy: Nigga why you listinin to that white *****.
Me:everytime you use that word you set back blacks everywhere.