OtakuBoards

.hack//fragment

SilentSecurity

Guest Tsukasafan
I've read that it doesnt seem likely to released in the US, do you think that is true?

Over here in england i find it near-impossible to buy any .hack stuff in videogame stores, ive had to get my games (and DVD's and manga, but maybe that is because i'm lazy) on amazon :|.
so even if it does come out in the US, i dont know if it would be relesed in england.

I'm a depressing person arent i?

I would like to know more about Fragment all around. Maybe I should go browse some sites. Anyway, I'm pretty excited about it. Even if it's not a full-blown MMORPG, it'll be pretty close. It'll keep .hack fans happy for a bit, anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sinful Revenger
Does anyone know if theres is going to be a seperate release of Fragment for the Pc or if you can play the actual game without a PS2. I'm still confused on the whole bit. So if anyone would please explain I would be greatful.

Hm... this game has me a bit... worried. We all know we're going to be comparing it to The World of fiction we've grown to love from all the series. Can the real thing compare with what the anime and such make it out to be? It's always stated that The World was the most advanced MMORPG ever, so forgive me if I feel a little concerned that Fragment may not live up to expectations. I don't think The World is a dream that can be realized as it is.

Guest Sinful Revenger
That is true that .Hack//FRGAMENT cant live up to the expectations from the liminati (Forgive my spelling but you know what I mean) but it is nice that we can play with other people not just some NPC characters and in time the developers will most likley try and make it as close as they can to The World from the seires.

The thing that i don't understand is how will spells and skills be cast. In Hack//infection. ect you would pause the game select the skill or spell or item and then use it but in an MMORPG you cant just pause the universe for yourself. Anyone know how that will be done?

[color=#4B0082]I combined your double post. Please use the Edit button if you need to add something to one of your posts, as double posting is against the rules. - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

[QUOTE=Sinful Revenger]
The thing that i don't understand is how will spells and skills be cast. In Hack//infection. ect you would pause the game select the skill or spell or item and then use it but in an MMORPG you cant just pause the universe for yourself. Anyone know how that will be done?
[/QUOTE]

With much difficulty, I'm sure. The system's going to have to be a lot different then Infection; for one thing, the root towns are going to have to be a lot bigger. But the battle system won't be able to pause, you're right. Maybe they'll have a system where you'll assign skills to a certain button on the controller for quick access like in so many other live-action RPGs. It'll be a lot easier to control the people in your party, though, when they're real people, because you can just scream through your headset at them rather than going through the chat menu and tell them what to do and hope to god they do the right thing.

• 1 month later...
Guest MaRk-0wN3Z-YoU
Man that game looks fun I wish when they have it out in japan they have it out here to...Well I cant wait until this game comes out in america well if it ever does. I would probably play it a lot. What dot hack game I am waiting for is the .hack//G.U. Rebirth and guess what its already out in japan!!! Well it will come out sometime in october.

Guest MaRk-0wN3Z-YoU
[quote name='dog dancing1'] I was wondering is it any download or is it a Gurantine data flag save?[/quote]

It might be the Quarintine Data flag. But I might be wrong. I hope it comes out in english I have seen it for the PS2 on a Japanese site I wanted to get it but I cant read Japanese :D