OtakuBoards

Anime now and then

Filipinorocker1

This thread is about anime since the beginning. Anime has been around for the longest time. What do you think about the early anime that started a revolution. A lot has changed since that time new tech has made anime better. But the classic anime that started those cannot be just merely tossed aside because of these newer animes. Just post you view on this.

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I think it took a lot of people by surprise, because if you look at cartoons back then, like Looney Toons and stuff, and compare it to an anime back then, like Astro Boy, then they are totally different. The themes, style of drawing, and the content are all what make anime unique (and why I fell in love with it in the first place :D ).[/FONT][/COLOR]

Guest Finest Nature
:catgirl: Some People dont watch old skool animes like Speed racer anymore. It's a shame. Hey! I got a question! What was you first anime? Mine was speed racer, then sailor moon. ~*MOON CRYSTAL POWER*~.........oops....didn;t work.... :animeswea Well anyway, Catcha on the flipside! ((oh god I hate Weevle Underwood... :animeangr )

i dont guess i really care for some of the older anime. cyborg 009, old or not, the noses just...*ugh*. same for Astro boy and....that 5 minute black and white giant robot thing they had who knows when (saw parts on CN giant robot week who knows when, lol) that, and the low fps i dont like, but i still get that nowadays, so hell with it.

FYI: theres a post floating around somewhere for first anime.

im tired, its 2 in the mornin, night world

[QUOTE=BasouKazuma]Hahahha, i thought this was about the anime 'Now and Then, Here and There', especially since the show just started airing on the International channel. :animeswea

Might want to rephrase the title ... whatever, carry on.[/QUOTE]
So did I. I've been coveting that series for a while.

I believe it would help if the original poster specified more explicitly what s/he wants this thread to cover. For example, it's not clear whether the "revolution" referred to in the starting post is the increasing awareness of anime in America & elsewhere overseas, or simply the rise of anime in Japan (which would have taken place in a rather different era, too).

~Dagger~