OtakuBoards

I wonder?

Art Master

well i often play Yu-gi-oh with my brother, but sometimes i play with my friends. it kinda depends on what im doing at the time. i dont' play currently, but i still will pick up the cards and play every once and a while. im more into the Magic: the gathering. it's more complicated and the art on the cards is sooooo much more goth than yu-gi-oh. but i have no problems with playin cards. it's cool

Wow, that question brings back memories, and fond ones at that (suprisingly...). I don't play yu-gi-oh any more, well, not obsessivly (which means I can still play on a decent level...). About a year ago I'd play every chance I got, after school some asian kids would gather in the cafiteria and I'd get beat by them, most of the time, on weekends local card shop would have tournaments... but, I always lost to some asian guys, not kids, guys. They came in like a gang or something, but they were cool. Yu-gi-oh actually made me a lot of friends with connections... That taught me that if there's an expensive card game out, adults will play it and you should get to know them. I made a lot of money off that game and I also aquired a boot leg version of Evangelion.

I don't play Duel Monsters anymore.
I used to be into it bigtime. I never actually bought any of the English games cards, but my friends gave me their extras because I could beat them with crap cards.

Well, at least, I could one of them.

I'm still a moderator at Edo's List, though I don't deserve to be, and he was almost an authority for a while.

Anyhow, I don't like those CCGs and TCGs. They're a perfect way to make money off innocent children that don't know better. This goes for the card sharks as well as the corporate string pullers. Also, those with less money, like me, often had the excluded feeling. It's no fun when kids beat you just because they have more money than you and buy better cards than you.

-ArV

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Well, I sold my Yu-Gi-Oh stuff about two years ago. So if I ever play it, it's usually my friend, NC pro tour representative, Will Lavasque testing one of his decks against the other one. Every once in a while, he gives me a deck and we play in a tournament together. Granted, I've never beaten him... ever...[/FONT]

:D Wow, actually kind of interesting to see that other people have at some point or still do play the TCG of Yugioh. I like many other people was extremely obessed with the game for a long period time. Was playing it seriously up until about a month ago, then decided to sell off 8 of the 9 decks I had built. There was basically too many politics involved in tournaments and I pretty much lost interest in the game because basically everyone in tournament play is using the exact same deck. There's no variation or fun playing mirror matches all day long, there's little variety or theme decks played in tournaments.

When I use to play, I would usually play at two spots, a little folk shop in chinatown called Wah Kue that had weekend tournaments. I met a lot of good friends over there and even some interesting love interest to say the least. Then basically that shop closed down due to bad money management and investing. So I was forced to move over to a store called Neutral Grounds. Basically it's the biggest card gaming/hobby store in NYC. There I play every once in awhile with the only deck I have left and play with most of the regulars that go there.

Yugioh for the most part was a fun game, even if it was developed just to steal kids cash. The part that turned me on to the game so much was the fact more adults are actually playing the game then actually kids. If you get really involved in the game you can see that duelist are a really close knitt group. Proably the most friendly people next to anime fans at conventions.

I used to play, whenever I was younger, but I've lost interest since then. I just have all of them in a large polybinder somewhere in my closet. I may sell them in the future for some money if I can find some others that want them.