OtakuBoards

Anime nightmares

magikpiggy

[COLOR=Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Im a real Videogame and manga fan, and i really do enjoy waching anime but somtimes if i see there making or coming out with an anime movie/seiries i really worry about the sub,I.E. the new Final Fantasy VII Advent Children movie thing is coming out supposivly but im really if ill have to wach it dub that it will turn out really bad :animedepr and ive had a few nightmares when i remembered this could happen so now , im afraid to wach it when it first comes out but I CANT RESIST!yes so as you can tell im going insane over this :animestun anyway is this just me or do other people worry about this kind of thing as well?[/FONT][/COLOR]

It's just you. ;)

I don't worry cuz I'll just download the fansub instead of buying a DVD that just has the dubbed audio track. Also, the Advent Children DVD will have the original japanese audio with engilsh subtitles, whether or not there is a dubbed track. I'm 99% confident in that statement.

[quote name='HellsAngel14']I so hate dud's. They screw up names, plots, and cut stuff out. :animeangr . But I still watch them. :animedepr[/quote]

There's a simple solution to your problem friend. Why don't you just invest in getting the uncut/unedited dvds instead of relying on the dub? This way you'll be able to watch the Japanese audio/eng subtitled version. Almost all dvds nowadays support this feature. I'm sure FF: Advent of Children will do the same thing.

You get nightmares off of anime dubs?

Yes, its just you. And yes, you do need some serious help. Here's my advice... when you watch a dub, go in expecting something different. Don't expect a clone of the subbed versions, because the new American voices and Americanization of the conversations are going to change the feel of it somewhat. (Think about how wierd it would sound if they didn't. Japanese-sounding voices and Japanese conversation flow... in English.)

You know not ALL dubs are bad ones. Some are actually quite good or even in some cases better than the originals. Gasp, I know. But really it's ok to worry that a dub will not be what you wanted. I can understand, especially in a fandom like FF7 has following it.

Still, just watch it through and go in with a clear mind. If you don't like the English then just flip it to subtitles. Every anime dub has them (well almost). Either way I'm sure it will be fine.

well of course they would censor everything about naruto (they havent caught on yet about the fact that anime on a bigger scale is semi popular) they dont think young people should watch that stuff at such a young age but thats condecending of them cause ive seen worse on showcase and haha naruto is pg compared to that haha I Will :animedepr get them to aknowledge my existance !!!

Guest blueicedager
[quote name='magikpiggy][COLOR=Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Im a real Videogame and manga fan, and i really do enjoy waching anime but somtimes if i see there making or coming out with an anime movie/seiries i really worry about the sub,I.E. the new Final Fantasy VII Advent Children movie thing is coming out supposivly but im really if ill have to wach it dub that it will turn out really bad :animedepr and ive had a few nightmares when i remembered this could happen so now , im afraid to wach it when it first comes out but I CANT RESIST!yes so as you can tell im going insane over this :animestun anyway is this just me or do other people worry about this kind of thing as well?[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

wow me ttot i feell the same way

Guest animefreak213
Final Fantasy AC?!!!:D It's got Cloud Strife in it! CLOUD STRIFE!!!! nothing could be wrong in any version. strange me I know but if anything could go wrong may I be thrown from a ten story building. the only thing I have nightmares about is the possible delay on release! :animecry: I'd cry for days. don't worry about it

i can't wait for Final Fantasy Advent Children to come out!!! yeah dubs give me nightmares too; kinda like how i imaged how Naruto was going be dubbed *shudders* plus i heard that they're making a kid-friendly Evaongelion, who the heck is going to watch that!!?? but there was this one nightmare i had where i was killed by a moogle...