OtakuBoards

Yaoi and Such discussions

Yukina123

[quote name='Yukina123][COLOR=DarkOrchid'] ^_^ Well, I would say I'm most likely, the least experienced of yaoi readers here. As for the situations in mangas being taken in public schools. I'm sorry they burned it. You could've taken that to federal court. Although they have the right to question you without reading you the "Miranda", it's still unlawful to burn someone's personal property, even on campus. Sorry that happened so long ago. As for bookstores, yes, it's true that very few stores that operate based in Utah sell anime/manga, but in the public library and stores like that, I've never had a problem like that before. As a matter of fact, it's been excatly the opposite. ^_^ Reading manga has actually made me friends in public places, of all ages and even a few guys have hit on me for it. lol. The point is, I'm sorry you encountered such hardships in your pursuit of manga/anime. It's a good thing that you still read it. Hopefully people won't be so harsh where you live now. ^_~ Especially in Utah.[/COLOR][/quote]

I fogot to include the fact that my parents did report it to the police as they felt the principal of the school and my teacher had no right to take my stuff and burn it without consulting them first. But when the police checked into it, both the principal and teacher claimed that they returned the items to me at the end of the day and that if anyone had burned them it must have been me who did it. As I was a teenager, the police chose to believe the principal and teacher instead of me.

I'm not entirely sure why they did what they did or got so upset. As the school year went on It was if they singled me out and found any reason what so ever to blame me for problems at the school. My parents finally insisted that the state allow me to attend a different High School. It took some doing on my parents part but they finally got it approved as my Aunt lived ten miles from my parents house and they claimed I mainly lived with them so I could attend another school district. I'll never know if the new school was more tolerant as I never took another anime item to school again.

It was extremely frustrating as people are so paronoid these days and the police took the attitude of I was a problem child when I had done nothing wrong. The Sailor Moon books in question were only rated PG. I'm just glad I hadn't taken my artbooks from the series with me that day as they are far harder to get replaced than the novels were.

The whole thing is rather ironic as now that I am an adult I actually do own some of the more explicit yaoi series. Though I had to order them from overseas as they are not sold here at all. I'm not a big fan of some of the more explict ones, but there are a few that I found the artwork and story line interesting.

Guest Axel666
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]there are guys that like yuri,and yaoi both maybe I like yaoi but I wouldn't discuss something like that in the open that's way to personal and I would only tell my friends.but if guys like yaoi I think they should go on ahead and keep at it because it's their buisiness.[/COLOR]

I support yaoi! I have seen like forever. My friend wrote a takouji fic and that started it. I don't think yaoi is wrong, but if you do, then you do. It easy to not like it, it makes many people uncomforable. But if you hate it for no reason, it doesn't make you uncomforable and your simply racist, well then you may not want to PM.

[quote name='The_Mix_Breed']But if you hate it for no reason, it doesn't make you uncomforable and your simply racist, well then you may not want to PM.[/quote]
Um... racist? Care to explain this in more detail? I'm deeply curious. :animeswea

~Dagger~

Well some people just hate people cause their different. People hate me cause i'm a blonde. Others may hate you cause of your skin color. People who are racist simply don't like you and jump to conclusions about you. Like when people say they hate yaoi even if they know nothing about it and simply don't like it cause its different. Most people aren't like that but their are some and I'm not to much of a fan of that. :animesmil