OtakuBoards

Free Yourself [Banner]

Young Cheezy

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=Gray][i]Hello[/i] Otakuboards members. This is my first time posting a banner on this forum, and since most of you dont know who I am here is a breif history about me in the graphics world.

I've been working on graphics, whether it be spriting, vectoring, or banners since July 2003. I love creating things from scratch and browsing other peoples galleries. I would really like to improve so I am posting my artwork here hoping for some constructive critiscm. Ive been working on graphcis on and off so keep in mind this is my first stab at a banner for 3 roughly three months. [/color][/font]

[img]http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/7039/freeyourself5zr.jpg[/img]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=Gray]
I hope you all like it.[/color][/font]

[SIZE=1]Hey... I remember you posted in my thread -- welcome back to the Studio.

All in all, this is a pretty good banner. The colors definetly work together -- the feeling of falling through a sky at dusk. Very well done there. I love the skydiver, but not the stroke you applied to him -- I think you should lower the opacity to it, and that would be perfect. The typography in the background took me some time to recognize it, but when I did I didn't like it. The l's obstruct the flow of the picture (left to right). The "Free Yourself" I actually think it was a good touch -- and is the icing on the cake. Wonderful job there.

If I may ask you, what font is "Free Yourself" in? I've seen it on so many banners, and I want to use it myself. Thanks.[/SIZE]

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=Gray] Wow, thanks for the critique Retribution. I'm actually starting to like this place, because every other forum I've posted my art at they either say "its gewd" or "it sux". But I can really improve from comments like this. Anyway, the stroke didnt go as well as I planned it would. I was going for the effect that the skydiver would be standing out against the background.

And to answer your question about the font: I've seen this font lots of places too. And I'd be glad to help you out. Its called "Scriptina" and you can find it at a lot font websites. If your having any trouble finding it give me a PM and I'll hook you up [img]http://otakuboards.com/images/smilies/wink.gif[/img][/color][/font]

[quote name='Young Cheezy][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=dimGray]I'm actually starting to like this place, because every other forum I've posted my art at they either say "its gewd" or "it sux". But I can really improve from comments like this.[/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote] [COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Trebuchet MS]
Welcome, Young Cheezy! (Sounds like something out of a movie <.<) To the Art Studio, Where it's all about the constructive critiscm and improving your artistic skills =P

First off I'd like to say I really enjoy this banner. The lovely blend of "starlight" colors with your text reminds me of a banner I had made back in 2003 as a request, and I find it very appealing. I'm with Retribution on the typography faded in the background. It just doesn't seem to fit well with the banner and somewhat kills essence. The text used for "Cheezy" seems a tad too "cheezy" (I got quite a kick out of that xP) It just appears to be a bit blurred out. Other than that, All I have to say is that I hope to see you become a regular to the forum. It's always nice to see more people active with posting their graphics. You should consider joining the graphics club. Hope to see more work from you soon ^_~.

For more details on the Graphics Club click [/FONT][/COLOR][URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=47824]here[/URL]