OtakuBoards

answer me this (a question about inspiration and depression)

duStAnDteArS

Ok.... I know this problem from head to toe. I've been in this snice i was a young boy. I will tell you, i have tried everything sudicadal wise when i was in and sometimes to still stay in it. I cut myself, beat myself, and eveything. But i didnt take drugs no matter how much my darkness was leaning towards them. After all why make it worse if you cant stand it's insanity already? Anyway to tell the truth im not sure how i got out. I thought i was dead, then i met my GF ^_^ i love her so. I kept myself reclusive about for the longest of while then it just...burst out of me. She said how much shes cares and it warmed me....... So for me it was the thought that no one really cared for me.
I do have some suggestions. If you daydream, lay down, relax and get lost in them. I dont care if for a second, a minute, and hour, As long as you can get of out with them. It helps you ALOT. Also if you love music, i think Pink Flyod's Comfortably Numb, Dark Side of the Moon, Money and Breath should ring those bells up there. Also push your butt to do anything social and good with your friends and i mean FORCE YOURSELF. I mean it gets harder and harder to think mentaly that you can do it. So no matter what DO IT. **** the drugs, they are nothing but a death wish for you.
Also this ios cliqued but it's true, Think postive! It would be cliqued if it wasnt true. Also if you develope thing that makes not want to do something.... Then you push yourself. AS for insperation, You need to look intot he things you love the most. Look in them deeply and find why you love them and what you love the most about it. If you can asnwer that then inpriation should up the ally. If any of this helps PM me or respond here.

[QUOTE=duStAnDteArS]Lately life seems to be dragging on for me, and there is no excitement in anything(not even anime or books). i have been depressed alot, i have all the sighs of it( accept drug abuse and suicide and such). . I still need to know how to get over this, how do i live again. its continuely off and on, i guess i'm just tired of my life and i'm looking for inspiration to keep fighting. Does anyone know what i am saying? if you have ever felt this, i hope you can connect. i just need some advice on what to do, tell me if you have any ideas...i need inspiration, inspire me!

what inspires us to write, to draw , to live?.... writing ,dreams, and courage used to be my life...a life i'm longing for...[/QUOTE]

I know how you feel, I am in a state of deep depression now, I have become what they call a suicde person. I think about killing myself everyday and all of that crap. But all that I have to say is keep trying, trust those who are close to you, talk to someone you trust about your problems and if that does not help ask to see a doctor. But I really can't do any of those myself, I'm just in to deep, please save yourself before you turn out like me. Hating everything and everything, hiding emotians so I won't go back to the crazy house again, *sigh* pretending I'm ok, lying, you know all that good stuff. If there's anything I can do to help, please please please tell me, I don't want you to be like me, whenever I look at anything sharp I just want to impail my self......... :animesigh :animecry:

Times going by slowly? you have nothing to do? I think me and most of my fellow members over the age of twenty are all thinking LUCKY YOU! We would give anything to slow time down.

Enjoy sitting there doing bugger all! Eat grapes, grapes are good. Dance naked in your room!

Everyone is depressed to a certain extent, in the grand scheme of things everyone i know is a manic depressive, each with varying ratios of ups to down.

=)

[QUOTE=duStAnDteArS]Lately life seems to be dragging on for me, and there is no excitement in anything(not even anime or books). i have been depressed alot, i have all the sighs of it( accept drug abuse and suicide and such). . I still need to know how to get over this, how do i live again. its continuely off and on, i guess i'm just tired of my life and i'm looking for inspiration to keep fighting. Does anyone know what i am saying? if you have ever felt this, i hope you can connect. i just need some advice on what to do, tell me if you have any ideas...i need inspiration, inspire me!

what inspires us to write, to draw , to live?.... writing ,dreams, and courage used to be my life...a life i'm longing for...[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=1]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]
Whenever I feel depressed I think about life and what made me feel the way I feel. Kinda hard to explain, it's like rediscovering the motive and inspiration for all that you do. Searching. you can say. When I'm really down in the rut I think of all sorts of things and replay all my favorite memories like a movie inside my head. Sometimes I laugh and others I feel a bit sad. Still it eventually helps me to rediscover who I am and how I have affected the lives of others.

If that doesn't work I usually play an instrument or start researching on a manga idea that I've wanted to try out. You can also hunt down information to expand your knowledge and understanding in an area that interests you.

But anime and manga has always inspired me. Especially the ones with more depth. Not to mention God and all his creations.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

What can i say?Were humans.weve all been depressed at one point or another.i know i have been.What do i do??hm...i guess...i talk to my friends.sometimes cry... just draw and doodle.other times i go into the fantasy world of writing.Or i could just take a nice peaceful walk.Most of the times i look to the bright side.

and then there are the times i just do nothing.What can i sa?theres nothing i can do.and i just let time wash everything away.

im glad u dont go to drugs for comfort.Any kinds of drugs for that.no alcohol and no harming yourself.Just stay alive and try to live as happy as you could.

anyhow i do hope you feel better.maybe u just need a friend to talk to.someone to connect to.and u know...im here if u need me.^^

[color=crimson]When I'm depressed I put on my human flesh mask, grab my machete and head out for a night on the town. It helps get me through the hard, difficult times that I face as a suburban teenager. Without such an outlet I really don't know where I'd be.

Ignoring my general cynicism regarding any teenagers professing to be down in the dumps, I'd have to reiterate the "get out and do some new crap" points that people have been saying. Most people find an activity that they really enjoy doing when they are in the dumps- some people paint or write, others do physical activity to work it out of their system. You need to find a method you enjoy doing to work the negativity out of your mind- all the people here can do is suggest what they have found helps. It's up to you to work it out and find such an activity for yourself.

By the by, saying you're not a kid and then spouting off about how wise you are makes you sound like a kid. A bratty one, at that. Just thought you'd like to know.[/color]

It has been mentioned once or twice already, and probably really seems like a cheesey and naive response, but simply the best way to fight depression is to think and act [i]positively[/i]. There is really nothing else to it. In fact, it is pretty much the underlying message in most people's posts here.

I had been in a depressed rut for most of my high school years and through my first year of college. My parents often told me they had at one time considered putting me into therapy, though they never did. I honestly don't think expensive therapy is often neccesary.

The best way to help yourself is to look for self-help. Whether it be books, CDs, tapes, or whatever, any and all of it can help you. Yeah, it takes some cash to purchase those things (or you could simply go to the library and borrow them!), but any investment meant toward bettering yourself is a wise one. If you make the move to actually own the book, take a highlighter to it as you read it! Mark key phrases and quotes that you particularly find useful. You could even take notes to reinforce the ideas you like.

A book I just finished reading no more than an hour ago is [i]Napoleon Hill's Keys to Postive Thinking: 10 Steps to Health, Wealth, and Success[/i] as written by Michael J. Ritt, Jr. I would definitely reccomend finding it and reading through it, and applying the principles taught within. In the back is a small list of other books you can check out if you would like.

Reading self-help material is below you either! One of the most useful powers a person can learn to manifest is the power of submission. Set aside your ego and pride and realizing you can ask help from another person, and actually listen to what they say. If you want to find ways to make yourself happier, find happy people and just open up to them. Ask advice from them. A pessimistic person can't help you cheer up. Many self-help books are written by, or inspired by, people who are already very successful and are willing to teach others the techniques that have allowed them their place in life. If you even read so much as 5-10 self-help books, you have done more to better yourself than what I am willing to bet is a majority of people today!

And don't [i][b]ever[/b][/i] think there is nothing you can do. If thoughts and suggestions aren't enough to overcome a feeling of depression or fear, take action. Action can overpower emotion.

I have to chime in here.

I have been depressed since I was 14 or younger. Now I am 25. I have tried thinking positively, doing new things, talking to people, etc etc. Sometimes it just persists. I have free-floating anxiety, and OCD. I am not medicated.

My boyfriend also has depression/bipolar, OCD, and has attempted suicide. The drugs and drinking led him to the suicide, and then he finally got help after the hospital had to shove charcoal down his throat to save him life, resulting in major medical bills.

But the point is - it takes a lot of work to get used to depression and figure out how to deal with it. I've never wanted to be on meds for long, and I was a HUGE mess for a long long time. I am still a huge mess somedays, but I try to find my ways to work through it. Sometimes I just absorb myself in things I like to do, or write a "letter that never gets sent" about how angry or upset I am. Sometimes I call my one and only friend and freak out, and same with my bf (I'll call him and freak out, too). Sometimes I get so upset that something will happen to my, that I start thinking he's going to die right at that second, and I just FREAK totally, and those are the worst. I think about his funeral and how I would die if he died, etc etc.

But you just have to take it day by day. Sometimes it might help to stop and think "what is good in my life". Try to make a list. It can be the smallest thing. I know that sounds corny, but... it has helped me. Even if it's "chocolate tastes good". I don't know if it will work for you, but it takes up some time, and distracts me from bad thoughts.

I also tend to get absorbed in anime and music when I'm depressed. It makes me feel lighter.

I know I don't have many good suggestions, but hang in there, and just trial and error with things to do to make you feel better. At least you'll be trying :)

I can completely relate to MSF, having also suffered from OCD (For most of my life) and depression, in astrange twist it was depression that stopped it for me, I stopped caring about the consequences of not doing or doing certain things, life became so much easier, i gained an extra half an hour a day. This doesnt sound like much help i know, but I thought id share it.