OtakuBoards

answer me this (a question about inspiration and depression)

duStAnDteArS

Lately life seems to be dragging on for me, and there is no excitement in anything(not even anime or books). i have been depressed alot, i have all the sighs of it( accept drug abuse and suicide and such). . I still need to know how to get over this, how do i live again. its continuely off and on, i guess i'm just tired of my life and i'm looking for inspiration to keep fighting. Does anyone know what i am saying? if you have ever felt this, i hope you can connect. i just need some advice on what to do, tell me if you have any ideas...i need inspiration, inspire me!

what inspires us to write, to draw , to live?.... writing ,dreams, and courage used to be my life...a life i'm longing for...

You need try something new, plain and simple. If you don't already have a job, get one. Use that money to take up scuba diving, flying, or whatever else sounds interesting to you. Try traveling. Quit thinking "practical appliances" and start thinking "making life worth living".

[COLOR=DarkRed]Personally, I'd suggest Shrooms or Weed. I know all that hubub about how Drugs are bad and such, but if you stay away from coke, heroin, and PCP, you should be fine. Shrooms and weed. They do wonders for the immagination.

But if you live in the US drugs are punishable by a hefty fine (In Canada they just make you share) so if you want to avoid that, try looking into new music or reading some new genre books. Or don't.

Shrooms and Weed. Pick up some Pink Floyd and let the bells ring n' ring n' ring n' ring... If you need somthing new that is the way to go. [/COLOR]

I feel the exact same way, it has been like that for around 4 months for me. All of a sudden, nothing was worth doing for me anymore, and it is still like that. The only way that gets me out of that is to watch anime, that is why I spend most of my time either watching anime, or talking about it. I am think about seeing a psychiatrist about it, but I am only 14 so it would feel a little wierd. I used to love video games, nowadays I can only play truly great ones without getting bored (killer7).

well i'm sorry i don't know what to tell you, maybe you just need to go hang with some friends. Or maybe you just need to be alone. It's different for everybody. But if there's a reason for this depression i suggest you confront it. If you just woke up with it like i did the past few days, I suggest to go see some friends, they should cheer you up. Oh and if you do choose this route, don't tell them you're depressed, they'll feel wierd.

I don't really know what to say because I've never felt that way but try doing something with your family.Try something that will make your mind run free and learn to live again.Or do something you love to do with friends like Docbatman said.I think being around the people you love will show you how much life is worth fighting for.And remember never give up.Everthing will work out.

Art Master :D

[QUOTE=Ilium][COLOR=DarkRed]Personally, I'd suggest Shrooms or Weed. I know all that hubub about how Drugs are bad and such, but if you stay away from coke, heroin, and PCP, you should be fine. Shrooms and weed. They do wonders for the immagination.

But if you live in the US drugs are punishable by a hefty fine (In Canada they just make you share) so if you want to avoid that, try looking into new music or reading some new genre books. Or don't.

Shrooms and Weed. Pick up some Pink Floyd and let the bells ring n' ring n' ring n' ring... If you need somthing new that is the way to go. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

<< are you frickin nuts!! drugs will screw up your life and ruin the ppl around you live's .. i no from personal experience and it wasnt me who tried them (i would never!) it was soem one very close, close enough to effect my strengths abotu it deeply and my life...

[COLOR=Navy]I've been in a deep depression for about four to five years once. I was suicidal and all.

What worked for me was talking with friends. My friend, Charlie helped me through it a bit and he's kept me from ever going back into the depression.

Just try and find something you enjoy and count up all of your blessings. Even though that may be hard. But trust me. You should be able to get through it. [/COLOR]

[quote name='duStAnDteArS']<< are you frickin nuts!! drugs will screw up your life and ruin the ppl around you live's .. i no from personal experience and it wasnt me who tried them (i would never!) it was soem one very close, close enough to effect my strengths abotu it deeply and my life...[/quote]
[COLOR=DarkRed]
Awww comon, shrooms and weed do NOT mess up your life. It's Crack, Heroin, PCP and that ilk that'll **** you up. Shrooms and Weed (Ok, the smoke MAYBE) have no lasting effect.

Trust me, pick up some shrooms for your favourit dealer, grab a copy of Sultans of Swing, and things can really pick up.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Ilium][COLOR=DarkRed]
Awww comon, shrooms and weed do NOT mess up your life. It's Crack, Heroin, PCP and that ilk that'll **** you up. Shrooms and Weed (Ok, the smoke MAYBE) have no lasting effect.

Trust me, pick up some shrooms for your favourit dealer, grab a copy of Sultans of Swing, and things can really pick up.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, but you just lost the respect I had for you, Ilium (although I think you couldn't care less). :(

You have the [I]nerves[/I] to say to a little kid (that Tearsanddust obviously is) that taking some drugs will make his/her life that much better?! That's sickening in it's wrongness!

Although your "shrooms and weed" might not be as bad as the heavier drugs, they're right up there with alcohol. They DO have a lasting effect, although it's not instantly visible. They cause damage to braincells, lungs and other organs. They make your mind dizzy and affect your senses. In an underdeveloped kid the effects are many times worse!

I don't care if you want to get kicks out of toxins, but I strongly advice you not to spread "the good word" around or you'll find yourself in deep ****, in real life as well as in this here forum!

[B]To Tearsanddust[/B], my advice to get out of depression is simply a change of attitude. Think positive, it's as simple as that! It's not always easy, but you don't have to be happy-go-lucky all the time. ;)

Inspiration comes when it comes, you can't really rush it. You can seek it though, in things that interest you. Or you can just relax and let your imagination flow, the best ideas come out that way. ;D

[SIZE=1]I know how you feel. Two years ago I was in the same boat. My life seemed unexciting, and I felt alone and mad and everything. I felt that way the whole summer. I wasn't suicidal, and I didn't do drugs, I just felt lost all the time. Its a horrible feeling. I eventually snapped out of it when school started, I don't remember how exactly, but I felt happiness again.

Maybe talk to someone close to you, or with friends. Maybe ally ou need is too have a good time, ask some friends to the movie or something. Force yourself to go places with family and friends. Of course that is easier said than done when you feel like crap. And yes, think positive. Thats always a hard situation but it can be overcome.

...and don't do drugs, any kind. What a rediculous theory.[/SIZE] :animeangr

[QUOTE=Sage]I'm sorry, but you just lost the respect I had for you, Ilium (although I think you couldn't care less). :(

You have the [I]nerves[/I] to say to a little kid (that Tearsanddust obviously is) that taking some drugs will make his/her life that much better?! That's sickening in it's wrongness!

Although your "shrooms and weed" might not be as bad as the heavier drugs, they're right up there with alcohol. They DO have a lasting effect, although it's not instantly visible. They cause damage to braincells, lungs and other organs. They make your mind dizzy and affect your senses. In an underdeveloped kid the effects are many times worse!

I don't care if you want to get kicks out of toxins, but I strongly advice you not to spread "the good word" around or you'll find yourself in deep ****, in real life as well as in this here forum!

[/QUOTE][COLOR=DarkRed]

Well I'm sorry that you've lost all the respect you had for me. I don't see any reason for you to just because dustandtears asked for somthing to get her out of depression, and I answered with somthing that's worked for me. Sorry for losing your respect.
[/COLOR]

It's sad that you don't see yourself how wrong it is to "offer" drugs to a kid (I know offer is not the right word here, but I can't think of another word for it now). :(

It's also sad that you believe drugs to be an answer to depression and whatnot, when there are many more healthier and beneficial options around.

I'm quite the tee-totaller myself, the strongest stuff I use is tea and sugar, but still I'm not judging people on the basis of what they pour into their bodies. It would be wrong of me, as a future social worker of some sort.

But what I greatly recent is glorifying the use of drugs and alcohol, especially when there's kids who can hear it. They're toxins, you can't get pass that. Their abuse and over-use have ruined millions of lives - they nearly ruined mine, although by a second hand. I simply don't see what's the point in using them! Getting high can't be so good that it would excuse all those deaths caused by drugs!

Oh well, this is not the right thread for this kind of subject, so I won't go on. But you're free to PM me if you like, Ilium. I'm trying my damnest not to judge you by your actions. ;)

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Most of what can be said has been said already, getting out and getting some new hobbies can work wonders when you're feeling depressed, however unless the root of the depression is dealt then you'll be fighting an up-hill battle of the worst kind. My advice is to go see someone qualified to help you, councillors can really help you through some bad times if you're willing to give it a shot, I was sceptical myself when I first went, but nearly a year on I can really see the value. If you haven't already duStAnDteArS explain your problem to your parents and get help from them to get in touch with someone who can help.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Ilium][COLOR=DarkRed]Personally, I'd suggest Shrooms or Weed. I know all that hubub about how Drugs are bad and such, but if you stay away from coke, heroin, and PCP, you should be fine. Shrooms and weed. They do wonders for the immagination.

Shrooms and Weed. Pick up some Pink Floyd and let the bells ring n' ring n' ring n' ring... If you need somthing new that is the way to go. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Ilium even minor substance abuse is enough to get people that think that drugs are OK, and when they think that weed is OK it's only a matter of time before they move onto something stronger. Ecstasy, heroin and cocaine are just the next step on a very short ladder, a ladder that often leads to overdose and death. I'm just glad that duStAnDteArS has enough sense to see that drug abuse isn't the answer to his/her problems. [/SIZE]

Guest Aliakai
well if u need inspiration, u need a good friend or a real interest, something u can throw urself into and drown out all ur cares . . . . mines horsebackriding and poetry writing . . . . . also, just look to what u feel, try drawing for a while or reading a new book, find someone new to talk to. Im always around ^_^ otaku username: suntetsu
pm me sometime!!! I understand how u feel . . . trust me, it goes away after a while ^_^

[QUOTE=Sage]I'm sorry, but you just lost the respect I had for you, Ilium (although I think you couldn't care less). :(

[B]To Tearsanddust[/B], my advice to get out of depression is simply a change of attitude. Think positive, it's as simple as that! It's not always easy, but you don't have to be happy-go-lucky all the time. ;)

Inspiration comes when it comes, you can't really rush it. You can seek it though, in things that interest you. Or you can just relax and let your imagination flow, the best ideas come out that way. ;D[/QUOTE]

umm excuse me! im not al little kid for your F.Y.I. i know a hell of a lot more then you about how it can screw up a persons life ... fro life so get off my case ok both of yall or idiots im sry to be so rude but its true.... :mad:
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]I've edited all the inappropriate language out from your post. Please read my comment below. - Hack Helba.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='duStAnDteArS']umm excuse me! im not al little kid for your F.Y.I. i know a hell of a lot more then you about how it can ****** screw up a persons life ... fro life so get off my ****** case ok both of yall or fruckin idiots im sry to be so rude but its true.... :mad:[/quote]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]duStAnDteArS your post is unexceptable and uncalled for. Not only have you been swearing, but your verbaly abusing another member. Both of which are NOT tolerated on OtakuBoards. "If you have nothing nice to say then don't say it at all." I strongly advise you to follow by these rules in the future. If you continue this type of behavior you may be subjected to becoming banned. If you have any questions, or need to talk with me, feel free to PM or any other moderators.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[QUOTE=duStAnDteArS]umm excuse me! im not al little kid for your F.Y.I. i know a hell of a lot more then you about how it can screw up a persons life ... fro life so get off my case ok both of yall or idiots im sry to be so rude but its true.... :mad:
[/QUOTE]

I have [I]no[/I] idea what I said that was so offending... :/ I called you a little kid, because you surely are behaving/writing like one! Even if you are fifteen I'd [I]still [/I] call you a kid, cause in that case I'd be six years older than you.

And you cannot say you know a lot more about the issue than I do, simply because you don't know me.

But my point here is that I was actually defending you and you exploded on my face, so let me never do [I]that[/I] mistake again.

[color=#6699cc]Other than what has already been sugggested here, I recommend "being healthy" for a day. I know that when something's been bothering me for a long stretch at a time, I tend to let myself go, and that only hurts the way I feel.

Wake up early. Go for a walk. Come back, have orange juice and toast for breakfast. Take a bubble bath or otherwise pamper yourself a bit. Allot yourself some money ($20 or so) and go shopping. Buy yourself a CD, a book, or a pair of socks, or shop the clearance aisle/rack at your favorite store. Eat something light or healthy for lunch (like a deli sandwich from a coffee shop). Go to the library, or chill at a park for a while.

Doing this for one day obviously isn't a long-term solution, but I can't believe that you wouldn't feel better afterwards.[/color]

[QUOTE=duStAnDteArS]Lately life seems to be dragging on for me, and there is no excitement in anything(not even anime or books). i have been depressed alot, i have all the sighs of it( accept drug abuse and suicide and such). . I still need to know how to get over this, how do i live again. its continuely off and on, i guess i'm just tired of my life and i'm looking for inspiration to keep fighting. Does anyone know what i am saying? if you have ever felt this, i hope you can connect. i just need some advice on what to do, tell me if you have any ideas...i need inspiration, inspire me!

what inspires us to write, to draw , to live?.... writing ,dreams, and courage used to be my life...a life i'm longing for...[/QUOTE]

My suggestion would be to try something different, like a new hobby or even take a short trip to somewhere you haven't been to in a while. You could even pick up a hobby that you use to enjoy but haven't done in a while. The trick is to set aside a time and actually do something. If you wait until you feel like doing something different you'll stay stuck. If the first few things you try don't help then keep looking. Sometimes it take time to find things you really enjoy doing. I have around 20 different hobbies so I always have one to switch to when my current one is starting to bore me. It works well since by the time I get tired of my current hobby I'm not tired of my past one anymore.

Exercise whets depression. Running, jogging, lifting weights. It all makes you feel better.

Exercising and writing are about all that keep me going these days. Without them, I wouldn't be able to function.

I used to be quite depressed, but I've worked my way out of it, mostly.

I still feel depressed often, but I brush it off. I exercise some more. I write some more.

Also, having good humor helps. I've got a very dry sense of that, and I'm readily cynical and pessimistic with it. It amuses me.

When I'm depressed I find going for a walk, eating a good meal and getting a long shower help. After that I feel wonderful and clean. Then I like to sit down and write. Do a free write, where you just type for a few minutes or so. If you need to, pick a random word from the dictionary and type about it.

Going outside can do wonders. Maybe you should take up a sport? Or try just going out into nature. Keep trying different things to see what works for you.

Another fun thing is to pack a snack, head off to a place where you enjoy the scenery and draw. I'm not great at drawing but it feels nice to do that ^^

I hope you feel better. Everyone's been giving good suggestions.

[font=franklin gothic medium]I think it's very important not to confuse drug use and drug abuse, here. But having said that, I would never advocate suggesting drugs as a solution to anything. And I'd certainly never advocate anyone giving them or recommending them to children.

Anyway, it's natural to occasionally feel a bit hopeless. It happens to all of us. And I think we all have different ways of dealing with it.

For me, it really depends...sometimes one thing will work and sometimes it won't. Exercise is a great way to overcome feelings of indifference, because you tend to feel great afterwards (and I find that the process clears my mind quite a lot).

So, I often find that simply getting out of home and seeing friends, or even just going for a walk...these things help a great deal. Sometimes it's just important to break whatever pattern you're in, if even for a moment, to clear your mind and have a fresh focus on things.

Other than that, I don't know. Different things work for different people. Sometimes it's great to just relax and watch a movie, or listen to some music or do something else that relaxes you. And at other times the best thing you can do is actually have some activity and be around people. In any case, these are some of the things I do if I'm feeling that way.[/font]