OtakuBoards

Funny and/or meaningful Quotes lines and sayings

ChibiHorsewoman

[color=#9933ff]What is wrong with you Ilium? [b]Shut up[/b]. Raiyuu told you to shut up, so for the love of God, shut up about the injustice.

There's nothing I can do about GWB. There's nothing anyone else on Otakuboards, or the people in the nation that hate him can do. SO FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP RANTING ABOUT AMERICA AND GWB AND THE INJUSTICE AGAINST CANADA!!!! If you really want a place to rant, for goodness sakes [i]make you're own thread[/i].

And I'll have you know, I agree with you. Canada gets treated VERY poorly. They're snubbed and treated as "that country above the US" and I don't agree with that. I think as a person you are smart and very insightful on global issues. And I thought because you were Canadian and [b]proud of it[/b], it makes you even cooler. But you're acting like an idiot right now, rambling on and on when a moderator [b]clearly told you to stop[/b]. And also, it's not just you, but everyone else. Just [b]stop[/b].

As for quotes: I have a MS word document with tons of quotes in it (36 pages). Most of them are those stupid "fire hot quotes" type thingies. But a lot of them are also anime quotes, and quotes from my school agenda (yeah, I type those things out).

Here's an anime quote:

[b]?There's a phrase in Zen Buddhism. Muichi-Motsu. "Hold Nothing."

"If you meet Buddha, kill him.
If you meet the Patriarchs, kill them.
Free of all, bound by nothing...
...You life your life simple as it is."

That's the one teaching my master left me.? - Genjyo Sanzo, Saiyuki [/b]

I like this teaching. I think it's great to live for someone else (children, spouse, family), but you should also never forget to live for yourself. =)

[b]Yesterday has gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin. - MOTHER TERESA[/b]

I like that quote, and also the Chinese Proverb that says "A journey of a thousand miles (Li?) begins with a single step." I don't know why, but I just really like those quotes. ;_;

[b]The soul that perpetually overflows with kindness and sympathy will always be cheerful. - PARKE GODWIN[/b]

and

[b]Maturity begins to grow when you can sense your concern for others outweighing your concern for yourself. - JOHN MACNAUGHTON[/b]

are two quotes that also speak to me personally. I am just a very kind and caring person by mature. I always wanted to be grown up when I was little, and I wish someone had told me the second quote. No one ever told me I was mature, and I wish they had. That way, I wouldn't have wanted to grow up. To the first one, I think that's true. I'm always kind to others, and I'm always happy. Even when I get hurt, I always, always pick myself up. And sometimes I'll continue being their friend. lol.

The quote about people's lives being for the purpose of not thinking or whatever? I don't know the exact wording, but Aldous Huxley said it. I know because the smartest kid on the AcaDec team last year, a senior, picked that for his senior quote. *grins* He's a very cynical person, so it figures.

Does anyone know the exact quote by this Chinese man about "A man dreamt that he was a butterfly. Or was it a butterfly dreaming he was a man?" I [b]know[/b] that isn't the actual quote, and I'm looking for it, and I'm tired of looking on google. Maybe someone knows it off hand? *_*

I have a couple other quotes, but now I'm just tired of writing quotes out, so I'll save those for another post. =) [/color]

[QUOTE=MistressRoxie][color=#9933ff]What is wrong with you Ilium? [b]Shut up[/b]. Raiyuu told you to shut up, so for the love of God, shut up about the injustice.

There's nothing I can do about GWB. There's nothing anyone else on Otakuboards, or the people in the nation that hate him can do. SO FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP RANTING ABOUT AMERICA AND GWB AND THE INJUSTICE AGAINST CANADA!!!! If you really want a place to rant, for goodness sakes [i]make you're own thread[/i].

And I'll have you know, I agree with you. Canada gets treated VERY poorly. They're snubbed and treated as "that country above the US" and I don't agree with that. I think as a person you are smart and very insightful on global issues. And I thought because you were Canadian and [b]proud of it[/b], it makes you even cooler. But you're acting like an idiot right now, rambling on and on when a moderator [b]clearly told you to stop[/b]. And also, it's not just you, but everyone else. Just [b]stop[/b].
[/color][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=DarkRed]
I did stop. I was asked to get back on topic and I did. I posted two quotes that just happened to be a tad anti-Bush, but they were still quotes that mean a lot to me. The only time I wen't off topic since I was asked was to reply to Retributions post; and even then I did include a quote in my answer. Now, in order to reply to you and without any quotes that come to mind, I've gone offtopic again. Yay.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=MistressRoxie][color=#9933ff]
Does anyone know the exact quote by this Chinese man about "A man dreamt that he was a butterfly. Or was it a butterfly dreaming he was a man?"[/color][/QUOTE]
I'm not sure how to pin down the exact wording, since there are multiple versions/translations all over the net, but [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhuang_Zi][u]this[/u][/url] might help a bit.

I encountered a slightly different version (a longer one, which also included "If you meet your father, kill your father") of the Saiyuki quote in something I read recently--I just wish I could remember which book it was. :animesigh

EDIT: Just drop it, you two. If you want to continue this, take it to PM.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Lord Dante][B]Before you judge someone too harshly, walk a mile in their shoes. - Then you'll be a mile away and have their shoes!![/B] This i got from a friend of mine. Made I laugh.

(more to come as soon as i can remember some)[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]Odd I always thought it was:

[b]Before you insult someone walk a mile in their shoes, that way when you insult them you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes[/b]

A few more to share:

[b]Eagles may soar, but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines[/b]- I got that quote in an email once. It's true

[b]I am but a poor village girl, I can not ride on horseback or lead men into battle- Joan of Arc[/b] This quote is in my email signature. I think it;s very motivational because Joan of Arc was indeed a poor village girl, yet she lead the French army to Victory- Yes she was burned at the stake for herasy, but still....

[b]Hey did you know that the skin on your eyelids is the same as the skin on your testicles? That means that if you punch someone in the eye it's like punching them in the balls!- Mike[/b] He read this in the September 2005 issue of Cosmo yesturday and was fascinated by this fact. The only way I can justify this remark is Mike used to be in THe US Marine INfantry.

[b]Marines are like a bag of rocks in combat boots. It's amazing enough that they can stand up straight.- Lincoln[/b] He's army, and it's funny because I know many dumb Marines- read above for proof.

[b]Life begins at once when you live for someone other than yourself- Albert Einstein[/b]- I'm not sure if I got this down exactly, but at the very least I tried.

[b]No, I don't read the magazines, I just like to sniff the pages- Yankee Mike[/b] Well this is another Mike that works with me, but I don't know their last names so I just call this one Yankee Mike, and yes he did say that! I really don't know how to justify this comment.

[b][color=green][u][center]and now some Irish sayings[/center][/u]

May those who love us always love us. And for those who don't love us may God turn their hearts. and if He can't may He turn their ankles so we may know them by their limping.- Irish Saying[/b] I thought this was a really funny saying and I have it up in my cubby

[b]An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold on to one blade of grass and not fall off the face of the earth- Another funny Irish saying.[/b] Well I've never seen a drunk Irish man, but if I do I'll remember to tell him this! Hey Gavin!

[b]There comes a time when you must take the bull by the tail and face the situation squarly - Irish saying[/b]- A very true saying ,sometimes you must face teh situation head-or in this case butt- on.

[b]We cannot share a sorrow if we haven't grieved a while. Nor can we feel another's joy, until we've learned to smile- Irish Blessing[/b]- I think what it means is you can't have sympathy for a person iof you haven't had pain yourself.

[b]If you're lucky enough to be Irish, you're lucky enough- An Irish Fact[/b] Damn straight.

[b]Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege- Irish Blessing[/b] It's true that so many people worry about getting old and decide that instead of looking their age they'll go do plastic surgery. Not very many people realize how lucky they are to still bne alive.

[b]There are only two kinds of people in the world the [i]Irish[/i] and those who would like to be Irish- An Irish fact[/b]- Again very true

[b]I complained that I had no shoes. Until I met a man who had no feet- Irish Syaing[/b]- Don't complain about how bad you have it becuase there are always people worse off than you.[/color]

[b]He said he liked to do it backwards, I said that's fine with me. That way we can **** and I can watch TV- Liz Faire[/b] It'd make more sense if there wasn't the censor, but many of you are too young to understand.

[b]Goin' into battle 'bout to pitch a fit, Lord if you listenin' get me out this ****!- PeeWee Gates from Walter Dean Myers Fallen Angels.[/b] You gave got to read this book! It's funny but parts of it are very sad or graphic. But I still reccomend the book.

[b]Man can not live on bread alone, unless he;s in a cage and that's all you feed him- a t shirt[/b] Very true.

read and enjoy[/color]

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]
[b]Eagles may soar, but weasles don't get sucked into jet engines[/b]- I got that quote in an email once. It's true[/color][/QUOTE]

What about this one, a mossi proverb: [B]The osprey might fly to the clouds, his bones still lay on the ground.[/B] Every things come to an end, no matter how great they are.

A peul proverb now: [B]The heart is not a knee, it does not bend.[/B] Love troubles are universal.

I have so many favorite quotes/sayings that mean something to me. I will just add a few that come to mind.

[b]"Don't let too much time go by before telling him how you feel." Claudia Grant, Robotech. [/b] What I absolutely love about this quote is how true it can be. Relationships are so very stressful and it is especially so when you think you are in love with someone but can't find the nerve to do anything about it. For me it seems better to get things out in the open than wonder forever if you should have done something. At least if you did do something, like express your feelings, you can move on. Whether that is have them tell you to get lost or return the feeling. It's better than going on your entire life wondering "what if?".

[b]"Maybe the hokey pokey really is what it's all about." Sign I saw at a friends house. [/b] I thought, hmm, perhaps this could be the answer to the meaning of life! Sometimes I think we take life way to seriously and need to step back and lighten up. What happens if life is really about having fun and all we did was stress over this, that and the other thing? It would seem really silly in the end to have wasted so much time on stressing over that stuff when we should have been enjoying the simple things in life.

[b]"Any man who wishes to master the technique must bow to the Panda!" Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi. [/b] I just think it is great whenever pandas are mentioned in anything. I just think in this case it was especially wonderful since it demands that all give respect to the Panda!

Now my minions! Bow down to the Panda! :p

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I love these!!! I post my favorite quotes i my sig but I have a few to spare.

[B]"The things we desire most can be compared to fire. The attaract us, they lure us, and when we reach out to touch them they burn us."[/B] I learn that the hard way. I was in love with this guy, completly obbessed with him. But when I told him, he turned me down. I was heart broken.

[B]"Runnig around in circles while your lost in a forest sucks, but running around in circles for no reason at all is just pathic."[/B] I thought of this in gym and I plan on telling my my teacher it next time we have to run the track.[/COLOR]

[color=darkviolet][u][b][center]Things I thought up[/u][/center]

I may not be pretty, and I may not be skinny. But at least I'm smarter than you.[/b]- It's quite true. I'm 5'4 and 184 lbs (not skinny) and I'm not all that pretty to some people, but at least I'm smart enough to not judge people on how they look.

[b]Did you eat a bowl of stupid for breakfast this morning?[/b]- I often wonder that about people I work with.

[b]He didn't just fall out of a stupid tree, the stupid tree fell on him![/b] If you knew these people you'd understand.

Nothing else to say.[/color]

[COLOR=DarkOrange] WARNING: RANDOMNESS!!!
[B]Sure there have been injuries and deaths in boxing - but none of them serious.

Men, I want you just thinking of one word all season. One word and one word only: Super Bowl.

Save the Earth, it's the only planet with Chocolate

My mind works like lightning, one brilliant flash and it's gone :animeswea

There are 2 types of pedestrians, the quick and the dead.

If you're rich, I?m single!

Everybody wants to go to heaven, but nobody wants to die.

I'm a nobody, nobody is perfect, therefore I'm perfect.

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you.[/B][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=The_Mix_Breed][COLOR=DarkOrange] WARNING: RANDOMNESS!!!
[B] Men, I want you just thinking of one word all season. One word and one word only: Super Bowl.[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]That one is funny because Super Bowl is [i]two[/i] words.

[center][u]Here's a few more from me:[/u][/center]

[b]By the way, I wasn't undressing you! I was adding a straight jacket![/b]- This guy at work-I'll call him Mike becuase that's his name- ( was yelling at me for looking at him and saying I was undressing him with my eyes. So my brilliant idea was to yell the above quote at him while I was leaving. Should I mention he's the same guy who asks me to kiss him when I'm wearing my kissing booth shirt? I should also mention that he's the same Mike who found out that eyelid skin is the same as testicle skin because I think that should be noted. This guy is [i]not[/i] stable.

[b]Me: So says the guy who wears tighty whities.

Mike: They're [i]not[/i] Tighty whities. They're boxers and they're red

Me: So? They look liek tighty whities.

Mike: But they're [i]red[/i].

Me; So? I couldn't think of anything that rhymes with red having to do with underwear.[/b]- I have conversations with this guy of this nature on a daily basis, if he wasn't good looking I think I'd tell him where to stick it- okay so I told him where to stick a bag of flo-pack (packing foam), but that's just another conversation. Too bad he's the type of guy who takes people at face vaule- in other words since I'm not skinny I'm not good enough- wanker.

[b]You know what? Just do it, I dare you. I bet you're too chicken to do it![/b]- pretty much any conversation involving my co-worker Mike The stupidhead

[b][u][center]Words from other people:[/u][/center]

In other news, Exxon said they won't be lowering the price on gas, instead to lessen the pain they will provide containers of Vasiline at the pump.-Jay Leno[/b] Sad but true. and if you don't get the joke go figure.

[/color]