OtakuBoards

Heat Guy J

Orphen

I didn't get to see all of the series, but I did enjoy the episodes I managed to see. It wasn't a show I had to get deeply involved in, and it was just nice to sit down and watch it from time to time.

I can't say it was my favorite, as the story didn't full click with me and (as I mentioned) I couldn't see the entire series, but I found it decent =3

As for the wallpapers, it's probably not popular enough so it's most likely put into misc. anime

I never got to see it on TV.

Had to go out and buy the series. But luckily for me, Best Buy was selling the "Heat Pack" (Which contains the first half of the series. A total of four dvds containing four episodes each) for twenty bucks.

I really want to buy the rest of the series but I don't want to have to buy 'em separately.

All in all, I love what I've seen of the anime. The characters are very likable, the dub is good, the music rocks (I just downloaded the OST), and the fight scenes are neat as well.

My favorite characters are Vampire Clair and Werewolf Boma!

In fact, yesterday I made wallpapers for them, hoping to upload them here since I think they turned out really good.

Heat Guy J needs it's own wallpaper section..

[color=darkred]Funny that this topic should show up. I just bought the entire series this past weekend. I got the whole series for $50. Good deal.

I originally watched this series on MTV2, which was shocking. MTV play anime? Unfortunately, I don't think they even aired the whole series. When the manga came out, I bought that. While it was good and all, I liked the anime more. Luckily, the cheap anime stand at Otakon had all seven DVDs.

I actually thought the dub was mediocre. I saw a few episodes in Japanese and I was in heaven. The characters are really interesting and different. There is quite a bit of action and it is easy to follow. The music is pretty good too.

I don't have a particular favorite character. I like Shun and Daisuke individually, but when they are put together, I like them more. So I guess my favorite characters are the Aurora brothers, together, not apart. Boma comes in close second though.

~Lumi ^_^[/color]

I first caught it on mtv2 as well. I never watched the station previously (or again after heat guy j), but I'd heard of it and decided to give it a shot. The dub didn't exactly "wow" me, but I thought that it was pretty decent.

I'd really like to get the dvds. I should have some extra cash on me soon anyhow. I liked Daisuke the most I think, though Claire was pretty neat as well.

Yea, the dub wasn't the best. But it was really good compared to other animes, I've seen. And I liked the voice actors they chose for all the characters.

Who knew... Vash = Clair... Yea, Clair's voice actor is the same as Vash from Trigun. That bothered me a bit at first but not anymore. The main reason it bothered me is that Vash is a pacifist while Clair isn't.

I'll have to say the thing that wowed me about the anime was the animation. It really was beautiful. I liked how they mixed a bit of CG into it.

Before I bought half of the series, I made a thread about it on the adult swim forums talking about it. They said that it wasn't that great and that it was on MTV. The fact that it had been on MTV made me a bit uneasy buying it. But now I realize that it was money well spent.

Heat Guy J is great.

I liked the little I saw of it and as you guys have pointed out, I got to see it on MTV. This still shocks me so I will not speak of it.

However I did like it. The art style was different and sometimes looked a bit odd but it was usually very good. I liked the crazy guy. He was a mob boss I believe, I don't know, he was the token crazy guy of anime and I loved him. I also loved Daisuke and that wolf guy. The wolf guy episodes were good.

See I don't know much about it, I only remembered Daisuke's name because his nickname was Dice and I started calling Daisuke from DNAngel that. Ah but I did like the show, I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

The ending theme was good too, I don't know what it was called though.

[QUOTE=Orphen]
Who knew... Vash = Clair... Yea, Clair's voice actor is the same as Vash from Trigun. That bothered me a bit at first but not anymore. The main reason it bothered me is that Vash is a pacifist while Clair isn't.
[/QUOTE]

I try not to pay attention the voice actors (truth is, I usually can't remember them). But the good ones are versatile enough that they can be part of very different roles in very different shows, and still do a good job.

The animation was really what kept me watching the series at first. I started watching a couple episodes in, so I needed about 10-15 minutes to fully grasp the basic premise.
But during that time, I was watching and just thinking how nice it looked. I liked the style of it a lot.

[QUOTE=Sage Kaley]I liked the little I saw of it and as you guys have pointed out, I got to see it on MTV. This still shocks me so I will not speak of it.

However I did like it. The art style was different and sometimes looked a bit odd but it was usually very good. I liked the crazy guy. He was a mob boss I believe, I don't know, he was the token crazy guy of anime and I loved him. I also loved Daisuke and that wolf guy. The wolf guy episodes were good.

See I don't know much about it, I only remembered Daisuke's name because his nickname was Dice and I started calling Daisuke from DNAngel that. Ah but I did like the show, I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

The ending theme was good too, I don't know what it was called though.[/QUOTE]

The crazy guy's name is Clair. And the werewolf's name is Boma.
Clair's my favorite character. And I think, I like Boma and Daisuke equally.

Those three characters stood out alot more than others. Very likable characters, I guess. (I found J to be very uninteresting...)

The series is really good. I'm suprised that it doesn't have that many fans.

I've only seen half of the series. As I said, I wanna buy the rest but buying each dvd separately destroys your wallet. I suppose, I could download them. But there's just something about owning the dvds that I like more.
(I prefer buying dvds over downloading.)

The opening is called "Face" which is a great theme.
And the ending theme is called "Kokoro no Sumika".
But there is a song they play in the background during some of the episodes called "Tribe" which I absolutely love.

[QUOTE=Lindus]I try not to pay attention the voice actors (truth is, I usually can't remember them). But the good ones are versatile enough that they can be part of very different roles in very different shows, and still do a good job.

The animation was really what kept me watching the series at first. I started watching a couple episodes in, so I needed about 10-15 minutes to fully grasp the basic premise.
But during that time, I was watching and just thinking how nice it looked. I liked the style of it a lot.[/QUOTE]

Heh, I pay alot of attention to voice actors. I just can't help it. If I recognize a character's voice but can't figure out who else has his/her voice actor... It drives me insane.

I'm so tired of hearing Steven Blum's voice, it's unbearable.
(Blum's most memorable character is Spike from Cowboy Bebop)

The animation in Heat Guy is beautiful.
Definately one of the best I've ever seen.

I liked the series, but the ending was a little dissapoiting. It could have been done a lot better. Something amusing about the series was when Bulma always asked "where is my bunny?", it tortured my friend because my nickname is bunny. She wouldnt have a problem with it because it is Bulma, but because the voice actor is the same guy who did Kenshin and she is completely obsessed with him. ^_^ It was very entertaining to play that for her.

I just recently got to see the entire series. I had watched the first half of the series on MTV2, but then they stopped airing it so I had to find other means of seeing it.