OtakuBoards

Cosplay Assistance

Yukazi

[FONT=Times New Roman]

[SIZE=2]
Need help with a costume you are working on? Missing a key detail or just having trouble? Ask here! Now, don't ask me directly, because I have no clue what I am doing. I just have a question, and I decided to make it where others could ask as well.

I have been wanting to take part in the whole cosplay thing for quite some time now, but it just hasn't been in my budget. However, Lately I have had some money left over and wish to take part in an upcoming event dressed as the oh-so-popular Kakashi. I currently have the entire outfit, as well as a Sharingan Eye contact, but there is a snag. I can't seem to make a realistic looking scar. I have heard of a few differant things to try, but it makes my eye burn even when I don't get anything in it and it's not up to my standards. Does anyone have any advice on a few things I could try?
[/SIZE]

[/FONT]

• 4 months later...
[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=2][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]I am not quite certain as to how to make a realistic scar. Though I think you can look into a theatre makeup guide or something of the sort.
I am also working on a cosplay costume. My friends and I have decided to do a formal cosplay...for PROM. I think it is a pretty good idea, if I do say so myself. LOL! Anyway, I am going as Seras Victoria from Hellsing.
We are in a bit of a predicament though, you see, two of my friends have red hair and they refuse to dye it. So I guess what I am getting at is...If you or anyone out there knows of any red haired female characters besides: Ayame from Inuyasha, Carmilla from Vampire Hunter D, Satella from Chrono Crusade, or Molly from Sailor Moon. Please tell me their name and what anime/manga they are from. I wouldn't mind a picture either, but that is completely up to you.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Cruizr][FONT=Times New Roman]

[SIZE=2]I have been wanting to take part in the whole cosplay thing for quite some time now, but it just hasn't been in my budget. However, Lately I have had some money left over and wish to take part in an upcoming event dressed as the oh-so-popular Kakashi. I currently have the entire outfit, as well as a Sharingan Eye contact, but there is a snag. I can't seem to make a realistic looking scar. I have heard of a few differant things to try, but it makes my eye burn even when I don't get anything in it and it's not up to my standards. Does anyone have any advice on a few things I could try?
[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE][font=trebuchet ms][color=#333333]Most places sell some kind of 'scar putty' around halloween, although in my experience it's nothing but a pain. (Not to mention that it's not exactly mid October.) I suppose if it comes right down to it, you could always just slice yourself... but I don't particularly recommend that. =]

There's certainly no shame in just using face paint, either (or even normal makeup). If you've got a friend who's willing to draw on your face (and really, what good friend wouldn't jump at the opportunity to put make up on you?), he or she could probably pull off a nice looking 2D scar with some lip pencils and eyeliner. (You might want an artistically-inclined person for that, of course.) If you want 3D, you're going to want to look into putty (or an online recipe [url=http://www.fox8wghp.com/recipes/oct27_2005.shtml]like this[/url]).[/color][/font]

[COLOR=#A18A58]Kakashi's scar, huh? Any cheap brown eyeliner should do the trick. Draw the scar on lightly 'cause most shades are waaay to dark for what could be considered a healthy-looking scar (it may end up looking more like a birthmark than a scar, yeah?) Pat it down with skin-tone powder to blend it in. Easy, yeah?

If you can throw in more moolah into the effort, I suggest you go buy one of 'em dark tan/orange (or another shade closest to the scar you've in mind) concealers. Dab in the scar, dry, draw in shadows with the liner then set the whole thing with powder.
[quote name='Ms.BakuraIshtar][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=2][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We are in a bit of a predicament though, you see, two of my friends have red hair and they refuse to dye it. So I guess what I am getting at is...If you or anyone out there knows of any red haired female characters besides: Ayame from Inuyasha, Carmilla from Vampire Hunter D, Satella from Chrono Crusade, or Molly from Sailor Moon. Please tell me their name and what anime/manga they are from. I wouldn't mind a picture either, but that is completely up to you.[/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote][b]Ranko/Female Ranma[/b] from Ranma 1/2, [b]Asuka[/b] from NGE and [b]Elle Lag[/b] from Shadow Skill have really red hair...but it really wouldn't look right if someone came in to Prom in a plug suit, yeah?
[/COLOR]

[quote name='Ms.BakuraIshtar][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=2][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]If you or anyone out there knows of any red haired female characters besides: Ayame from Inuyasha, Carmilla from Vampire Hunter D, Satella from Chrono Crusade, or Molly from Sailor Moon. Please tell me their name and what anime/manga they are from. I wouldn't mind a picture either, but that is completely up to you.[/FONT][/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]

There's Esther from Trinity Blood ^_^ I think she's awfully cute~ and her outfits would prolly work for Prom since they are fluffy dresses (you'd prolly just have to leave out the head gear?) Kairi from Kingdom Hearts also has reddish hair~

I can't remember where I saw it, but someone took some characters and made up formal outfits based on their normal costumes. It turned out pretty cool ^^ maybe you could try something like that?