OtakuBoards

Silent Hill the movie:True or False?

Howlingvampire4

I just finished watching the trailer for this movie and I have mixed feelings about this one.

Ok I?m a really big Silent Hill fan, I play them all now and again and I have a fair amount of knowledge about them. So a part of me after seeing this trailer is pretty much ?I must see this movie! It has faceless nurses!?. I like to think there?s a little faceless nurse inside each and every one of us which makes us want to see this movie.

Ok on the other hand this movie is pretty much Silent Hill with a female lead character. So no Harry and Cheryl has been renamed to Sharon (I?m sure it sounded like Gert in the trailer, I must have not been paying attention) which I?m really not a fan of. It seems to me that whoever is making this movie doesn?t really care for the fans of the games, but rather they are trying to appeal to a new audience.

I know I may sound like some grumpy old guy but I really love the games and to me this is a kind of betrayal. They are taking apart the games and just throwing pieces together.[spoiler] We all saw Pyramid Head in the trailer but he wasn?t in the first game. He may have been kicking about Silent Hill somewhere but we didn?t see him. I like Pyramid Head but I don?t know if I want him in this movie, changing the lead character is bad enough [/spoiler]. Remember what happened to the Resident Evil films? do we really want that to happen to Silent Hill too?

I guess we?ll have to see the movie first before anyone jumps to conclusions (kinda like what I did) so I?m definitely going to watch it. I just know that I?ll be sitting there screaming ?that?s not what happened!? every time Rose comes on screen. I would love to hear other peoples opinions on this whole changing the game thing.