OtakuBoards

Wallpaper I made, cool?

Guest Fleetfist

[SIZE=1]Well, to be honest, it looks like you applied an effect to get this. One single effect. It's pretty simple, and you've lost alot of detail with this said effect. The colors look too defined, and instead of looking 'cartoony' like what I'm guessing you were going for, it looks sloppy. I'm very sorry to be so harsh, but I couldn't think of another way to phrase it. Forgive me.

However, if you drew this with a tablet, or vectored it, then I worship your talent.[/SIZE]

[center][font=Arial Black][color=orange]dude retribution that was harsh! anyway i agree half-way with retribution. i like the effect but it would have been better if you didn't apply that effect to Link. it would have made him stand out more instead of looking like the background...[/color][/font][/center]

[COLOR=DarkGoldenrod][SIZE=1]^ Gotta be honest when we evaluate other's works, love.

It's so... simple. There isn't much going on in your work but you managed to make it more interesting by rendering the subject in a rather unusual way. I've yet to see the image you used but even if it took little effort to transform the original to what you just made, I say it takes a good eye to match a picture with the perfect effect (if you get my drift).

But really, it doesn't hurt to show a bit more of your skills, yeah? ;)

[b]8.5/10[/b]
I'd hit it.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest Fleetfist
I found a real-life picture of a nice jungley scene and the artwork from twilight princess, and was attempting to make my friend a signature.. we were trying to find ways to make link fit into the background.. this is definitely not what I was going for... but I played around with it and thought it made a pretty interesting wallpaper... thanks for the input ^_^

Guest BamboozledAnime
Ah, I see some of what Retribution said. What I believe this needs, is just a little more brightening to it, to make the area around him less blended as it is, though that is probably what it should look like, I think it would do better with a little less of it. And as for link, if you removed some of the blended shadows from him that are like the background around him, he won't seem as absorbed into the picture as he does, and will stand out more, though all in all, it does make for an interesting piece, because really, I would picture link to be in a forest-type setting. Perhaps too, if you wanted you could change the color of links clothing to a grass colored green as well, but good job anyways ;)