Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Young Manga-ka in Training!


Recommended Posts

Guest HugeFurubaFan
Posted
Okay, my dilema is that I have loadsa ideas for different mangas. I usually do a bunch of character profiles and draw a few rough chapters...then quit. Eh...half of my ideas end up lying around, unfinished. :animecry:
There is one however, where I do like a lot of the characters but it just seems that there's no actual plot!!! So I dunno if I'm allowed to ask for help with ideas or not but...well if you want to.
Posted
you could enter the Manga rising stars competition for [URL=http://tokyopop.com/news/mangatalent/index.php][U][COLOR=RoyalBlue]TokyoPop[/URL][/COLOR][/U](if you live in the U.S) but if you wanna do it the hared way I?ll be happy to help just name what you want to be done.
Posted
[CENTER][SIZE=1]Hello, there!

Well... I am sort of that way, too. I would love to help you if you wouldn't mind telling us a bit about the story/characters, love.

Is it an action manga? Romance? Perhaps comedy or horror? I've done a bit of storyline-plotting and such, but I never have been quite good enough to illustrate them. Not that I haven't tried, of course.

Maybe you could post/pm me some of your charecter bios and the storyline you have so far? Then I'm sure you'd get loads of help from me/Berry/other OtakuBoarders.

Well, much luck and all.[/SIZE][/CENTER]
Posted
dude i am exsactly the same i have tones of ideas but even when i put just one down on paper i totally lose interest in the whole story.

I'd be happy to help you but first tell what is the genre and the bases of the story and the characters. I mean like is it a shouen or is it shoujo or do you just want a story that please everyone something on the same lines as Naruto or Bleach, you know the type that i mean the type that is good for all ages and all genders.? :catgirl:
Guest Shinta07
Posted
I think it becomes unappealing because i'm restricted to panels and it can't take up the entire space
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
you know, i actually have the EXACT same problem. so what i do is just think about it until i like it and it forms a plot, and if it doesn't... then i give up. i have about twenty series and i've given up on all of them but the one i have planned on working on. i just keep them all filed in case i can pick it up one day and it'll look good or i can fix it.
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
haha, i know how you feel.i go through the same thing, but i practiced a lotand i think i got the hang of it. well this is what I did...
ok, well i just jot down notes and what the chara's gonna say on a memo-note and then I just drew sum rough sketches. ( the senery too) and the rough sketch dosent need to be perfect. then after that, I ...OH one more thinGGG! importantTTT! do the rough sketchin light blue pencil!!!! with dosen't cum up on the final copy, so you can save your time not eracing. ok.. as i was saying.. thenI went over that with fine point pen..then youknow the other stuff right?? highlights...tone...etc. ok. well good luck and when youget your manga done and if you become a pro, i hope i'll see you there!and battleeee~~! haha!!::eye to eye lighting buzzz:: O_O

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...