OtakuBoards

Initial D

kagomefruitcup

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Does anyone know about [COLOR=Black]Initial[/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]D[/COLOR]. :animeswea It's a game at the arcade,a manga by Tokyo Pop, and it has its own series on DVD. If you haven't heard about it. I suggest you check it out. It's really cool when you're playin at the arcade. You can make your own card, that you save your data and up-grade your car. :catgirl: If you really like racing games (anime of coarse) You should get into it. (And if you live around [B]Chula Vista[/B], somtimes you can see me around [B]Brunswick[/B] And the [B]Chula Vista Mall[/B] :animesmil :cool: . I'm one of the best[B] girl [/B] racers!!) SEEYA.[/COLOR]

It's also a [URL=http://www.initialdthemovie.com/][U][COLOR=RoyalBlue]live-action movie[/COLOR][/U][/URL] (but not the best) and a PS2 game (never played the arcade version but i like this one) I think the best of all is all ways the original so to me it will be the Manga.

Has any one seen the live action movie I have to say that it ant that great.

for your information, initial d first come out as a manga. follow by the anime. when the initial d starts to get popular, the game was launch. when it gets really hot, the hong kong director decided to make the show into movie.

well, if you have watch the anime before, you won't find the movie that great. because it had to cut alot of exciting scene to make it into movie.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue] :animesigh I haven't seen the Movie and if anyone thinks that it's not that great. Then I guess it's not worth watchin. But they made a [B]rea[/B]l life movie with [B]real[/B] people in the series (unless this is the movie dat everyone is talking about). I only caught a glance at it and I thought it was pretty cool. :cool: Except for the fact they made Iggy look like an old man, since they are just leaving high school, and some of the charecters didn't even look like the charecters. On the plus side they made the cars look so cool. Even if they made the drifting a stunt , it looked real. If this is not the movie that everyone is talkin about. Then you should definently check it out. (Sorry it's only in Chinese or Japanese i'm not sure, but i know its not in English yet :animeswea )[/COLOR]

[quote name='kagomefruitcup][COLOR=RoyalBlue] :animesigh I haven't seen the Movie and if anyone thinks that it's not that great. Then I guess it's not worth watchin. But they made a [B]rea[/B]l life movie with [B]real[/B'] people in the series (unless this is the movie dat everyone is talking about). I only caught a glance at it and I thought it was pretty cool. :cool: Except for the fact they made Iggy look like an old man, since they are just leaving high school, and some of the charecters didn't even look like the charecters. On the plus side they made the cars look so cool. Even if they made the drifting a stunt , it looked real. If this is not the movie that everyone is talkin about. Then you should definently check it out. (Sorry it's only in Chinese or Japanese i'm not sure, but i know its not in English yet :animeswea )[/COLOR][/quote]

if you are talking about the one directed by a hong kong director, then we are on the right track.

well, like i have say, if you have watch the anime before, then watch the movie, it won't be that great. [spoiler]because they change a bit of the story.[/spoiler]
if you did not watch the anime or read the manga before, you will think it is really great.

[quote name='domyoji][spoiler']because they change a bit of the story.[/spoiler][/quote]

LoL, I don't think that's a spoiler.

I never read the manga of Initial D, but I saw a bit of First Stage, Third Stage, a bit of Fourth Stage, and I have a copy of Special Stage for the PS2.

I also saw the Hong Kong movie, but unlike Domyoji, I liked it. It's a totally different take on the series. They cut out some of the characters and made Itsuki slightly more annoying, but I think it suits his character.

The main difference, I felt, was that although the Anime focused more on the action and racing, the movie was leaning towards the relationships between the characters. You see a lot of development between Takumi and Bunta, Itsuki and Takumi, and Takumi and his girlfriend (whose name escapes me at the moment).

There is racing though. I showed it to somebody that has never seen Initial D and he liked it because there was (and I quote) "Lots of races, not much of that relationship stuff." LOL, I guess I should show him the Anime. ^^

Edit:

[quote name='kagomefruitcup']Except for the fact they made Iggy look like an old man, since they are just leaving high school, and some of the charecters didn't even look like the charecters.[/quote]

I thought the casting was done pretty well. I think Itsuki (the best friend, I assume his English name is Iggy) looked a lot like the Anime version. I thought Bunta (the main character's father) looked the best though. XD He almost always had his eyes closed.

[quote name='kagomefruitcup'](Sorry it's only in Chinese or Japanese i'm not sure, but i know its not in English yet )[/quote]

It's a Hong Kong movie done in Mandarin. They're showing it at the Venice Film Festival though.

-ArV

[QUOTE=r2vq]

I also saw the Hong Kong movie, but unlike Domyoji, I liked it. It's a totally different take on the series. They cut out some of the characters and made Itsuki slightly more annoying, but I think it suits his character.

[/QUOTE]

hmmm... well, different people have different view.
but i actually find the show really funny. because in the show, itsuki is the joker. alot of his scene is really funny. [spoiler]like he borrow his father's car(the car was a family car, those 6 sitter type) to go to the race; he vomit for 2 days after taking a ride from takumi racing skill. [/spoiler]
i was actually hoping to see more car racing. but its a movie, it has a limit in time. so can't expect more. ;)