OtakuBoards

Iscariot Section XIII: UNDERGROUND [M-LV]

Angelus_Necare

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Garamond]Hello and welcome to Iscariot Section XIII: Underground! Feel free to discuss the RPG here with fellow players or ask any questions that come to mind. That said, let me give you a brief rundown of the rules once more.

[U][I]Godmodding[/I][/U]: Some people don't mind this, others do. Do not use anyone's characters without their permission first. Not abiding by this rule causes confusion and sometimes frustration.

[I][U]Sex[/U][/I]: There will be [B]NO[/B] sex between the characters. I repeat, [B]NO SEX[/B]. These are Priests and Nuns we're talking about here, they lead chaste lives and most likely will not be straying from that path. Do NOT test my patience in that area. I have also left very little opertunity to include smut within this Rpg. If you're looking for cheap thrills through text, you're not going to find any here. Sorry.

[U][I]Language[/I][/U]: I have allowed there to be cussing within the Rpg. Yes the Nuns and Priests are human and yes they do have slip ups, but having your character cussing like a sailor is not acceptable. NPCs can cuss all they like.

[U][I]Violence[/I][/U]: I expect that this Rpg will have very heavy violence laced within it. It includes but is not limited to, blood, gore, death, torture, disease and anything else your sick little minds can fathom. I'm sure you all have a pretty good handle on what you can and cannot write on the OB.

[U][I]Posting[/I][/U]: I don't expect you to post novels each time you decide to write, nor do I expect you to make this a daily dedication. But it would be nice to make an attempt with each post you do. Remember, you're telling a story and a two sentence post every three weeks isn't telling much.

[I][U]Characterization[/U][/I]: Please, please, please, [B]STAY IN CHARACTER[/B]. I cannot stress this enough. Your character is not God, they do not weild magic, they are not almighty and they are not impervious to harm. This can sometimes grate on the other player's nerves and can cause a lot of tension. Keep this in mind when you are writting your signup. Besides, if you could kill everything with one strike, what fun would that be?

[U][I]Tattoos[/I][/U]: I realise that these symbols upon the skin hold significance for certain characters. But the marks were taboo for those closely related to the church or from high standing families in the 1400s. Therefore I ask that these be changed in whatever way you would wish. A few examples would be trinkets for rememberance/symbolisim or if you're game to it, self mutilation.

[I][U]Guns[/U][/I]: The only gun that one could find in the 1400s was the hand gonne, wich really wasn't hand held at all. It was a bulky wood and metal tube used in battle and was much more like a small cannon than a portable firearm. Therefore, I doubt characters could die from bullet wounds.

[U][I]Vampires[/I][/U]: In this age (and story) vampires are not the common, suave, human looking creatures of the night that you all know (and might love) from other fictional works. The vampires in this story are beastly monsters who do not attack without reason. More will be described about them in comming chapters.

A lot of rules eh? I figured it would be easier to post them here rather than everyone refering back to the Signups.

Speaking of Signups, they are still very open and will remain open until [B]Thursday September 15, 2005.[/B]

I haven't had much time to decide upon a cast yet, as there are very few signups, I urge anyone who is reading this, to check out the thread [URL=http://otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=49350][Here][/URL]. I've also been rather busy with job interveiws and a few other RPGs, thus I appologise to those who felt that I had been neglecting this Idea. Worry not, I am well, alive and still very dedicated to this RPG.

-Angelus[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Angelus_Necare][COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Garamond]

[I][U]Sex[/U][/I]: There will be [B]NO[/B] sex between the characters. I repeat, [B]NO SEX[/B]. These are Priests and Nuns we're talking about here, they lead chaste lives and most likely will not be straying from that path.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Oh, if only you knew... ;D

This has nothing to do with your game, but I just had to comment on this.

Despite their vows of selibacy and chastity etc., life of the monks, nuns and priests in the monasteries and churches were and still are some times far from that.

The thing is that they keep it in secrecy. They have to, or else they are banished. In the middle-ages the vow-breakers faced execution.

As you said, churchmen and -women are only human, and because they are denied one of the basic needs of humanity, they have to satisfy their needs in secret, at times perverted ways.

But enough about that, I respect that you don't want that in your game. Just wanted you to know this...

(Oh the things you learn from history books! ;D )

[QUOTE=Sage]Oh, if only you knew... ;D

This has nothing to do with your game, but I just had to comment on this.

Despite their vows of selibacy and chastity etc., life of the monks, nuns and priests in the monasteries and churches were and still are some times far from that.

The thing is that they keep it in secrecy. They have to, or else they are banished. In the middle-ages the vow-breakers faced execution.

As you said, churchmen and -women are only human, and because they are denied one of the basic needs of humanity, they have to satisfy their needs in secret, at times perverted ways.

But enough about that, I respect that you don't want that in your game. Just wanted you to know this...

(Oh the things you learn from history books! ;D )[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Garamond][COLOR=DarkRed]Well, it's the least I can do from Smut running amok in my Rpg
:animeswea

Thanks Sage.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Garamond]I'm getting to it, but life seems to keep getting in the way. I just gotta keep booting myself in the *** to get this thing started and all will be well.

I promise!

Expect to see it up by tonight.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[B]EDIT:[/B]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][FONT=Century Gothic]Look! I kept to my word and Iscariot is now up! I appologise again if things haven't been explained here as of yet partially because I suffering a rather large hangover yesterday. Thus now I will make a few things clear.

Letters via PM: You will be reciving letters, documents and clues through your PMs from time to time durring the RPG. I would suggest saving these letters and documents, for there may be a time when you need to look back to them. The clues will be important too when the time comes and I also suggest you keep those in check as well.

Father Emilio Giovanni: He is your superior within the Iscariot branch, and while little is known about him now, you will all learn more about him through following chapters. He's classified as an NPC (non-player character) and is free for anyone to use, but keep him in check please ;).

NPCs: There will be several more along the way that will be conducted under my roleplaying. Some will be helpful and others completely useless, but I trust that you all will seek out the right ones as you play along.

Now that the first chapter is in motion, I will await a post from each member of the group, then you will recive info on your first mission. I'll do my best in that time to keep you all up to date through this thread and will take any suggestions that you have. I also expect that there will be no more delays and I hope all goes smoothly from now on :).[/FONT][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Well, if anyone doesn't mind (and since no one has posted yet), I was along the mindset to wait perhaps a night before starting off, just so that our characters can discuss what is happening and such, and just to start things off with each other before we decided to entrust our lives to each other. ^_^ Any objections? I do have my post started, but am unsure when it'll be up, but if I get feedback, I'm sure things will progress much more quickly.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Garamond][COLOR=DarkRed]That sounds like a marvelous idea Cyriel and a great move. I was beginning to think that you all died on me.

Ah, and if you could all excuse Kairi for a short while, he dislocated his shoulder last night (five minutes after I left him to his own devices no less) and he may not be able to post for a little while.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Georgia]I have a question. Since no sex is included, does that mean no rape either? I wasn't planning anything, the question just came to me while I was bored at school. The only reason I was wondering was because you said "anything else our sick minds can think of" and if I did use it, believe me, I'd spare the details. God knows that's the last thing we need. *shudder*

Also, I noticed something. Are my posts of good length? Mine are usually just a few paragraphs, but everyone else writes pretty long posts. If it's lacking, I could pick up the quality.[/FONT][/SIZE]

[CENTER][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1]Thank you very much for your concern Angelus:)...much appreciated...but kairi shall prevail over such pains and will continue to post. Seems like i still am up to date since others haven't posted yet. I hope my post with just one arm was good for ya:)[/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]