OtakuBoards

Anime Music

Nikoali

What songs from America do you think go good with Anime?

Here are mine,

"Hold On" by Jet
"Homeward Bound" by Simon & Garfunkel
"Seven Nation Army" by White Stripes
"Freedom Fighter" by Creed
"Stairway to Heaven" by Led Zeppelin
"Vindicated" by Dashboard Confessional
"You Belong to Me" by Jason Wade
"Inside Us All" by Creed
"Wash Away Those Years" by Creed
"Hallelujah" by Rufus Wainwright
"All Star" by Smash Mouth

What are yours?

Let's see now. If I had my chioces...

"Hold On"- Good Charlotte
"Spirit of Radio"- Rush
"Tom Sawyer"- Rush
"Jacob's Ladder"- Rush
"YYZ"- Rush
"One of These Days"- Pink Floyd- wait. Who am I kidding? About 3/4 of what Pink Floyd has ever done
"Also Spach Zarathustra (Theme from 2001:A Space Odyssey) - Deodato (very jazzy feel- my daughter says it sounds like it came from Cowboy Bebop)
"Land of Evermore"- Led Zepplin

If I think of any more, I'll edit them in.

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Well, when it comes down to it, as long as the song goes with what's going on, then any song could go with any anime. That's why some people make Music Videos with Anime and post them on the internet. :p

I remember seeing one with Piccolo from DBZ singing a song called, "I'm a Cucumber," and it when along perfectly...somehow... :animedepr [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503F86]Er, which anime in particular do you think they'd belong to? It's all very well saying 'this song goes with anime', but is there one song that you envisioned as going with a specific series, scene or character?

Personally, I find a lot of English-language songs rather boring now. I guess I've just turned 'music-elitist', heh ^_^; There are some songs I like, but whether they an apply to an anime...

I guess 'Life is a Lemon and I Want My Money Back' by Meat Loaf could be good for something in Akira. not that I've seen the anime, but from the pictures and clips I have seen, it seems appropriate.

You already know that Paradise Kiss is using Franz Ferdinand's 'DO YOU WANT TO' as an Ending theme, right?[/COLOR]