Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][FONT=Century Gothic]Do you ever notice that the first few episodes of a lot of animes look different than the rest of that season?

i just watched Vandred today and noticed a lot of stuff. like sometimes, everything looks like it's squishy (NOT LIKE THAT!)
that or kind of bloby. sometimes they actually drew some scenes with everyoine and it looked kind of funny.

With Inuyasha, inuyasha and kagome look a little different than the rest of the sereis. but that's only for a little bit. not even the whole episode.

Yu-Gi-Oh's first episode sometimes Kaiba didn't have any pupiles.are there any other animes that look at little different like that? i'm just pionting out something i noticed about some of these showes... [/FONT] [/COLOR] [/COLOR]
Posted
Yeah, I see that too, especially with longer series. I think in that case, the budget isn't as high in the beginning as it is in later episodes. At least, that's what I've been assuming (for shows like Naruto and the like) XD

Or maybe with some series it takes a couple episodes for it to hit its stride. Not quite sure...
I'm sure someone knows the reason(s). ^^
Posted
Heh, interesting. Usually what people complain about is the animation/artwork quality [i]dropping off[/i] after the first few episodes, but the opposite can be true in some cases. Long-running series are the most obvious example. For instance, look at Yu Yu Hakusho: its budget was increased astronomically as it went along, since it proved to be so popular.

But if anything, that's the exception and not the rule. Too often, studios put a lot of money into the first episode (in order to hook viewers early, I guess) and then slack off later.

This has become especially rampant in the past few years, as more and more series look sloppy when they air on TV but are cleaned up or even totally re-animated for DVD. Many episodes of the Negima anime were completely redone (with a new animation team) for the DVD version. Tsukuyomi ~ Moon Phase is another recent example; at least two of its episodes were horribly done in comparison to the rest of the series, and they were fixed up before they came out on DVD.

Anyway, Mezzo is a good example of the animation drop-off syndrome. The beginning was close to OVA quality, if I remember correctly, but it took a turn for the worse pretty quickly.

~Dagger~
Posted
I've noticed the same thing as you, DY YuGiOhNut! For example, compare [I]Hot 'n' Juicy Teacher 1: English[/I] to [I]Hot 'n' Juicy Teacher 3: Science[/I]! The women became bustier as the series progressed. This could simply be due to changes in artists or directors I guess.
Posted
Yeah I remember that Tentacle Hentai!!! :animeswea

Stuff like that is present in pretty much any animated thing you can name that lasts more then one season, and is present in alot of shorter series's too.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...