Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[quote name='Jakehammaren']Another great Death Metal band is the Black Dhalia Murder. I heard them for the first time not too long ago, and I must say it was great. I'd really like to look into buying their albums. If you haven't heard them, take a listen. For some reason, I thought they were a hardcore band or something like that, but I was extremely, extremely wrong. They play very awesome Death Metal. Hooray.[/quote]

Eh... Black Dhalia Murder is okay. I don't like the vocals too much. It's almost like a Heavy Metal stereotype... really loud screaming. Sure, it's good sometimes, but it [U]is[/U] pretty cliche. The instruments are kick *** though.
Posted
[QUOTE=Gothic Inuyasha]Eh... Black Dhalia Murder is okay. I don't like the vocals too much. It's almost like a Heavy Metal stereotype... really loud screaming. Sure, it's good sometimes, but it is pretty cliche.[/QUOTE}

You'll find all that cliched crap at Victory Records. Crap like Darkest Hour, Sinai Beach, Scars of Tommorow, and those bands. A bunch of snowboarder lookin guys who think they can play music and really it's just a load of stupid screaming, hitting your guitar, and pounding on drums as fast as you can with little to no sense of direction.

On the other hand we've got good death metal too like Morbid Angel, Facecage, and Meshuggah.
Guest Colette
Posted
Is there an art thing somewhere in this site? I want to submit art^-^
Posted
I think the Black Dahlia Murder's vocals are far from "just loud screaming". On the contrary, they're quite decent as far as Death Metal vocals go. Meshuggah's vocals are much more "yelly-screamy" than BDM's are (but Meshuggah's still a good band, although I really don't think they're Death Metal).
Posted
I agree, the Black Dahlia is a great band, but again, it's a band I haven't listened to much and I've seen them catagorized as one of the stupid skater metal bands.
I've actually seen them live before but for maybe 10 minutes. They came to a neighbor town and performed with Shadows Fall, The Haunted, and In Flames.
Posted
I think the only reason BDM gets that label ("skater metal band" or whatever) is because of the fact that they're on Victory Records. I don't even know why they're on Victory to begin with, seeing as Victory deals with Hardcore and Emo/Screamo. How a great Death Metal band ended up there confounds me, but alas, they have, and it gives them a bad name.
Posted
A bunch of snowboarder lookin guys who think they can play music and really it's just a load of stupid screaming, hitting your guitar, and pounding on drums as fast as you can with little to no sense of direction.

On the other hand we've got good death metal too like Morbid Angel, Facecage, and Meshuggah.[/QUOTE]
Thank you!!! Someone agrees.

I must say though, The Black Dhalia Murder does have good guitarists and the drummer is really good.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...