Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Which is better, old style anime or new style anime?


Recommended Posts

Guest Doomberg
Posted
want to know if old style anime beats new style anime personaly I like new style.but some of my favorite animes are old style such as ghost in the shell and akira.all depends really i guess
:animesmil
Posted
I don't care how old a show is. However, I have noticed a lot higher quality in 50+ episode shows in the past 5 or so years and a bit of a decrease in the quality of shorter series (with exceptions, of course). Also, how do you define new and old? Do you mean Gigantor-level old or Case Closed-level "old" (man, just thinking about the "old-skool anime hour" AS had after CC was canceled cracks me up, and not just because I find those shows funny).
Posted
[COLOR=DarkRed]Well, I'll probably watch anything that has a good story. But I do prefer what I'm watching to be pleasing to look at, so I'm going to pick new style.[/COLOR]
Posted
This topic is vague enough to mean different things to different people but it seems some people are thinking in terms of ART styles -- cel vs. CG animation. And that's good enough for me for now.

I prefer the older style because of the way many scenes in older series tend to revolve around a specific striking image. This sort of thing makes it easier to grasp the point of each scene.
Posted
I'm a fan of the somewhat newer anime. I have tons of older anime (titles most people have probably never heard of) but watching the titles that look amazing really do help the experience. I've got a wide variety of anime so I'm not all about the looks but you can't deny it makes things more interesting.
Posted
[QUOTE=densuke]This topic is vague enough to mean different things to different people but it seems some people are thinking in terms of ART styles -- cel vs. CG animation. And that's good enough for me for now.

I prefer the older style because of the way many scenes in older series tend to revolve around a specific striking image. This sort of thing makes it easier to grasp the point of each scene.[/QUOTE]

In terms of CG, Ghost in the Shell does it amazingly, and IGPX and other Ghibli productions use it pretty well, but I have yet to see a full-CG anime that was very good (as opposed to America, where Pixar's movies are the best around). Currently, 2D anime, possibly with some CG elements, beats CG anime bigtime, but that can change.
Posted
when it comes down to it i dont have a preferance, as long as the story is good, but the new style anime is so wonderful to watch, very detailed and smooth, i love to watch it,
Guest Heero yuy
Posted
Doesn't really matter, as long as the animation is smooth.
Guest chobitslover90
Posted
i like the old style personaly beacause the focus was more on story than animation
the only exception i can see to this rule would be chobits and r.o.d
Posted
[B]I think the new anime is better, think of all the anime on toonami right now, you know... anyway, the detail in most anime is perfect, and it's ex.

I'm practising to be a japanese cartoonist... even though i'm not japanese...
but I'm very into Hayao miyazaki, and his anime cartoons.
Guest terraforce991
Posted
I like both like Mobile Suit Gundam thats an very old one and Naruto that is new
Guest chobitslover90
Posted
um hyo miazaki has been making anime with the new style recently not the old one
Posted
u want to be a manga ka? i kinna do but im not japanese either but my cus are and i try to learn from them alot. I love naruto and all, old manga good plots. New anime alo~~~~~~t of detail.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...