Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
my friend kawaii kaida cannot comment on any of the MyO sites, and she doesnt have a Otakuboard account so i'm posting this for her. Is there anything you can do?
Posted
I just had a wacky comment thing start up with my site today, perhaps it is the same your friend is having. When I look at my blog it tells me I have 3 comments. When I click on the link another window opens and tells me that I have no comments to view.

When I post on someone's site in their comment box it tells me that my comment should be available to view below but it doesn't show up. Is this what problem your friend is having dposse? If not can you give some more info as to what the problem is?

I am not sure what the problem with the comments are but I'm just going to wait until Justin gets some time to sort it out. He's a very busy guy after all so I am going to be patient and wait.

Edit: Obviously being a bit more patient works well! I went back to check my site and the comments I had left and they are working now. Perhaps the system was being attacked by the "lag monster" and it just needed some time to get working...or perhaps it's like many of us post-Thanksgiving and dealing with "turkey torpor"! Just feelin' a bit sluggish.
Posted
[font=trebuchet ms]Yeah, I had that problem too, when I left a comment, it wouldn't appear until a day later.

Also, for some reason when I sign a guestbook in Trebuchet, it comes out in Times New Roman. Strange.[/font]
Posted
[QUOTE=Panda]I just had a wacky comment thing start up with my site today, perhaps it is the same your friend is having. When I look at my blog it tells me I have 3 comments. When I click on the link another window opens and tells me that I have no comments to view.

When I post on someone's site in their comment box it tells me that my comment should be available to view below but it doesn't show up. Is this what problem your friend is having dposse? If not can you give some more info as to what the problem is?

I am not sure what the problem with the comments are but I'm just going to wait until Justin gets some time to sort it out. He's a very busy guy after all so I am going to be patient and wait.

Edit: Obviously being a bit more patient works well! I went back to check my site and the comments I had left and they are working now. Perhaps the system was being attacked by the "lag monster" and it just needed some time to get working...or perhaps it's like many of us post-Thanksgiving and dealing with "turkey torpor"! Just feelin' a bit sluggish.[/QUOTE][COLOR=DarkOrange]
I've been having that problem too. Sometimes it's a good 5-10 minutes before I can see the comments. I just assumed it's because there are a lot more people using and visiting this site now. ^_^ And because it's a holiday.[/COLOR]
Posted
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]I have also had this problem. I though that it may be because of all of the virsus on my computer or something like that. I alway found that either opening a new browser window now and then solvs the problem[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
Make sure you set your browser to allow pop-ups from "comments.theotaku.com". Though, most pop-up blockers wouldn't block the pop-up because it is actually clicked by the user.

Anyways, regarding the "lag" issue, it's something we're aware of and trying to fix. It is a result of our new server and delay issues between the two Database servers. But hey, I'm sure its better than having a reallllllly slow site :cool:.

We're working on it.
Guest Heero yuy
Posted
[QUOTE=Panda]I just had a wacky comment thing start up with my site today, perhaps it is the same your friend is having. When I look at my blog it tells me I have 3 comments. When I click on the link another window opens and tells me that I have no comments to view.

When I post on someone's site in their comment box it tells me that my comment should be available to view below but it doesn't show up. Is this what problem your friend is having dposse? If not can you give some more info as to what the problem is?

I am not sure what the problem with the comments are but I'm just going to wait until Justin gets some time to sort it out. He's a very busy guy after all so I am going to be patient and wait.

Edit: Obviously being a bit more patient works well! I went back to check my site and the comments I had left and they are working now. Perhaps the system was being attacked by the "lag monster" and it just needed some time to get working...or perhaps it's like many of us post-Thanksgiving and dealing with "turkey torpor"! Just feelin' a bit sluggish.[/QUOTE]
I've been having a problem similar to that...

When I comment on one's page, the comment pop-up comes up like normal and I'm able to type. But when I hit submit, my comment doesn't show up.

That could be one of the keys to your problem.
Posted
[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]I've been having the same problem where either my comments don't show up or the ones I leave don't show up for about 5-10 minutes. But today I got a new comment on myOtaku site and it's been close to 2 hours and I still can't see the new comment. It says I have 14, but only 13 pull up.

I didn't mind the 5-10 minutes but over two hours? I guess I'll take jblessing's word that they are working on it. Maybe I'll be able to see it later today or tomorrow. Besides I don't really have a right to complain too much as I don't really understand all the details involved in setting up a new server and how it accesses the databases. ^_~ [/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='SunfallE][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen']I didn't mind the 5-10 minutes but over two hours? I guess I'll take jblessing's word that they are working on it. Maybe I'll be able to see it later today or tomorrow. Besides I don't really have a right to complain too much as I don't really understand all the details involved in setting up a new server and how it accesses the databases. ^_~ [/COLOR][/quote]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]Yeah I just noticed that today this happened to me.. I must admit I was saying internally WTF! because I had to wait to long. I can understand the server issue and that kind of stuff. When you guys are done this new server better be twently million times better than the last ^_^[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
Posted
ook, now [I] i [/I] cannot comment on any site! this is annoying. i post a comment, but it doesnt show up. then when i close the comment box and open it again, the white comment box is still there as if i never posted anything. Also, on many sites there says that there are many comments, but you can't see any. for example, on my friend Dark Clouds site:

[url]http://www.myotaku.com/users/dark_cloud/[/url]

it says that there are 8 comments, but none show up.

and then there's this little couterdiction:

"Notice


Your comment has been submitted successfully. It should be available to see below.
There are currently no comments available."


this notice happens whenever you leave a comment where no one else has posted. how can both be true?

I do have popup blockers running, but that has never been a problem with me. I know enough about computers to know that a popup blocker cannot do this.

I'll ask my friend about the errors she is getting when i see her tommorow.
Posted
[COLOR=DarkOrange]I've noticed that too! I visit my friends sites and even though it says there are comments when I pull up the box there's nothing there! And when I leave comments they don't show up either. I tried checking back hours later but they still aren't showing up. >_< I hope it's fixed soon.[/COLOR]
Guest kuroinuyoukai
Posted
I don't understand this. I went to myOtaku site and it said that I had six comments. When I went to read them it only showed three. Am I going crazy here?
Posted
[quote name='jblessing']Comments issue should be fixed.. minus a couple glitches here and there. We're still working on it, please be patient.[/quote][COLOR=Indigo]Understood, I was begining to wonder if I was just imagining things. But I see that I was not the only one having the problem. I'm like SunfallE in that I don't understand what is involved in setting up a new server or on how it accesses the databases, so I do not mind waiting as it is obvious you all work very hard on this site.

And like you said in the other post, other sites are really slow and have endless problems, that's what I like about this one. The problems are few and far between. Excellent work.[/COLOR]
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
well, it used to be fixed, but now its back. don't believe me?


go to my friends site: [url]www.myotaku.com/users/kawaii_kaida[/url] and try to click any one of her comment links.. everytime i try to, it just refreshs the page. could it be the code she is using, or the crappy server again?
Posted
[code]
» Comments
(0)
[/code][color=#4B0082]It looks like she forgot to close her script tag, so it's interfering with the pop-up script for the comments.[/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
  • Create New...