Satoru Posted December 7, 2005 Posted December 7, 2005 Something I whipped up using a pic of Clanitz from Manga Carta. What you think? c&c wlecome [IMG]http://img276.imageshack.us/img276/1469/clanitz6ih.png[/IMG]
Guest kuroinuyoukai Posted December 7, 2005 Posted December 7, 2005 That is really beautiful. The colors blend well and the pic seems to blend right in. It looks like a professional pic. I wish I could do that. Good job!!
Retribution Posted December 7, 2005 Posted December 7, 2005 [size=1]It looks as if you've done a great job on this, Satoru. But before I enter into critique, did you use pre-made/downloaded brushes, or custom made ones? I'm a big proponent of custom brushes, and I think that making a banner with downloaded ones is a cheap way of making a desired effect.[/size]
Satoru Posted December 8, 2005 Author Posted December 8, 2005 Heh ^_^ Some of my own and some premade. Don't get me wrong here, when using brushing like I do it's not which brushes, but how you use them. I have about 5-6 layers of brushing on this one, and I could send you the PSD if you want so you can see how it's done. But I agree with you and I try to use my own brushes as much as possible.
Retribution Posted December 11, 2005 Posted December 11, 2005 [QUOTE=Satoru]Heh ^_^ Some of my own and some premade. Don't get me wrong here, when using brushing like I do it's not which brushes, but how you use them. I have about 5-6 layers of brushing on this one, and I could send you the PSD if you want so you can see how it's done. But I agree with you and I try to use my own brushes as much as possible.[/QUOTE] [size=1]I understand that brushing takes a certain degree of skill, don't get me wrong here. But I don't really buy it that using pre-made brushes takes skill. All you really do is brush a few layers, then color balance the whole thing and toss on a stock and some typography. In general, it's a good signature, but I'm not fond of the words overlapping the stock's head.[/size]
Satoru Posted December 13, 2005 Author Posted December 13, 2005 [QUOTE=Retribution][size=1]I understand that brushing takes a certain degree of skill, don't get me wrong here. But I don't really buy it that using pre-made brushes takes skill. All you really do is brush a few layers, then color balance the whole thing and toss on a stock and some typography. In general, it's a good signature, but I'm not fond of the words overlapping the stock's head.[/size][/QUOTE] Hee. I don't use colour layers, maybe a little to enhance the final, but not for brushing, I prefer using colours in my brushing. And I don't just toss a stock in, I balance the colours on that to go with the overall colour scheme, and blend it into the Bg, using a couple layers of blurring and changes of layer styles. You make it sound so....skilless. But thanks for the critique. :D
RedSkyCoffee Posted December 29, 2005 Posted December 29, 2005 [size=1] I like the colors and the picture. [/size]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now