Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
i have this problem, i can never draw good originally but i can copy a picture like a professional tracer traced it.lol i was wondering if anyone had a common problem of that sort or has a problem with drawing anyway!

peace
Posted
You know, I don't draw like that, although I do have a problem [I]with [/I] it. Mainly because on theO, a great deal of the "art" are carbon copies of official art or screencaps. Maybe I'm just more annoyed since I'm one of the people that has to approve that artwork, and it gets annoying seeing the same pictures over and over.

I have no problem with the practice itself though. When I first started to get into anime when I was 13/14 (about 3 years ago), I did the same thing. I just didn't share it with people. I used it as practice to gain more confidence in my drawing and bit by bit, I started drawing original poses and such. Fanart helps a lot I think, since you're familiar with the characters, they're easier to draw than making an original character.

I think that it might help if you try duplicating poses of existing art, but make original changes to it (different outfits, different characters, etc) as practice.

Just my two cents. =3
Posted
Actually to be quite honest my tip would be to stop tracing, completly. Tracing doesn't help much becouse when your about to do something on your own (which you eventually will want to do) your at a loss since you havn't done it before :/

Presonaly I never trace nor do I "re-draw" or copy, or whatever you wanna call it, another persons picture. Of course I use pictures as references but I avoid looking at them since I think that it kind of messes up my head ^_^

Now lets get to the point of all of this worthles mumbo jumbo, try drawing on your own! Like Linus said, fanart is a good thing, since you allready know the characters... so keep trying and draw a lot and eventually you'll get there ^_^

(I hope you got atleast something out of all of this -.-)
Posted
[quote name='ozmos']Actually to be quite honest my tip would be to stop tracing, compleatly. Tracing doesn't help much becouse when your about to do something on your own (which you eventually will want to do) your at a loss since you havn't done it before :/[/quote]
I think that copying [B]does [/B] help, to an extent. Like I said, when I first started out, I was really unfamiliar with drawing people. But by looking at manga and official artwork and the like, I was able to get a feel for what it was like to draw. Then when I drew original pics, I sometimes needed references for poses and such so it would look awkward or bad.

I think that copying is good [B]practice[/B]. But I don't think it's good to concentrate too hard on copying. Do it only if it helps you. I can't tell you how crazy it drives me when I see art on TheOtaku that are just copies of other art/screencaps, and the "artist" says something like,"I worked ___ hours on this! It took a lot of effort!" I'll never ever believe a comment like that because it [B]isn't [/B] hard to copy and no matter how much time it took to do, I can't respect it as much as art that's original.
Posted
um, ok, i am totally confused by your question..... your artwork looks bad when you do it yourself but when you copy it, it looks fine...... um, i think you should really practice...

i totally agree with ozmos, i too use pictures for reference, but i think they mess up my head also... weird...

i also agree wtih lindus, i used to just copy pictures. but then i started putting them in an original pose and such. yep.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...