Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I listen to the music I do becuase it speaks to me or I can identify with it lyrically. But I dont listen to music for the lyrics alone, becuase waht is music with out the actual music, right? I cant stand to listen to music were each song on the album sound the same (cough, the Killers) Now, I listen to a wide range of music. From Marilyn Mansion to the Gorillaz. I prefer rock and metal over rap. I really dont like rap to much. I prefer newer music to the older stuff. Newer music is easier to identify with. Right now im into Coheed and Cambria, HIM, 69 Eyes, System of a Down and The Strokes. Like I said, I like various kinds of music.
Posted
I probably listen to the music i listen to because i can really relate with the lyrics and the music just speaks to me. Most of the music i listen to may be considered "emo" but i definitely do not consider it emo music. most of the time the people are talking about reality and how the world works. I used to be into rap but i realized that it truly wasn't what i really wanted to listen to. i mean all they would rap about was sex drugs and more sex. i mean its pretty rare to find a rapper rapping about reality and the state of the world.
Posted
I like my music because it just appeals to me, I like a lot of bands, mostly Metal but many others. My Favourite Band being Metallica and others like Disturbed, System of a Down, Thin Lizzy, Drowning Pool and more

I like most metal music because they have better meaning to songs than Pop music or rap etc. that talk about "oo baby" etc

i dont want to come across as being insulting to other peoples music, but that kind of thing doesnt appeal to me, whereas most rock does
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I listen to...well, a little of everything but generic crap-music. Most country/rap/pop falls into that category(for me, anyway). Some favorites would be System of a Down, They Might Be Giants, Death Cab for Cutie, The Black Mages(and other Uematsu music), Coheed and Cambria, The Strokes(though i've only heard two songs :animesmil)

That should give you a good idea, i guess.
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[color=dodgerblue]For me, it depends on my mood. Though usually I listen to the Naruto soundtrack most of the time, lol, sometimes I listen to Ben Harper, Bob Marley, Blink 182, and well... yeah.. it really depends on my mood. If I'm feeling angsty, sometimes I listen to Eminem, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park or Korn... and if I'm feeling light-hearted, sometimes I listen to Paul Simon, Black Eyed Peas or Classical music, lol.[/color]
Posted
Why do I listen to the music I do? I've no real answer to that. It's just like asking a person why do they eat the foods they do or why does a person act the way they do. We, or I, just do. I just listen to whatever appeals to me; something that tickles my soul. It can attract me lyrically or through the rhythm and beats of the music itself. I could go on and on to what I listen to and why it appeals to me. But to answer your question: Why do you listen to the music you do? I've no real answer but I listen to the music I do because that's just who I am. An individual, freely expressing myself through whatever means. :animesmil
Posted
The reason I listen to my music is to pump me up, to mellow out, or even to have fun. I always ;ike the rush of how some songs can pump me up like Bodies from drowning pool Mainly because it got me pumped for a football game. Then songs from Metalica could calm me down and relax (depending on the song). Then for fun I listen to techno, it just kinda depends on the situation or my mood. And I was more or less raised around this music so that might be a factor as well.
Posted
i listen to the indie punk stuff:

bloc party

maximo park

the faint

senses fail

thrice

autopilot off

and i listen to electronica:

andy hunter

the legion of doom

timo maas

JXL(junkie XL)

BT

the chemical brothers

the crystal method

paul oakenfold

Qbert ( <- filipino pride right there)

dan the automator

and some mainstream(and somewhat mainstream) bands:

linkin park

fall out boy

my chemical romance

slipknot

yellowcard

blink182

green day(<- their old stuff)


that's all i can think of right now.

thank you for your time.
Guest Metal Dragon
Posted
I mostly listen to hard rock and metal...if I have a choice.
Why do I listen to that type of music?
Because of the guitars and everything.Plus, it'll wake you up if ur sleepy.It'll make u go from :sleep: to :animestun :animestun

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...