Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
A member of this forum, I forgot who, mentioned TokyoPop is a bad publisher since they steal your rights, etc. (which I actually didn't notice until I looked closer at their terms of agreement and all that legal stuff :animesigh ) Right now, the top of my list for publishers to submit to is Dark Horse, but is there a better alternative just in case it doesn't work out with Dark Horse? I know there's gomanga.com, but like...I'm not 18 -_-;;;
Posted
I'm only 12 and ive got my own compony well alchemis102 actually started it. I just help him on it. Plus as you probobly know i've posted crap about my manga. Does living in america actually still make it manga. :sweat:
Posted
Off topic rant...

[quote name='HeartStopper']If you do the traditional right to left manga, then it would be a manga and it doesnt matter where you live.[/quote]

There is no hard and steadfast rule as to what creates a manga. Personally, I would say that the style of art is what makes a comic become a manga.

Manga is created in Japan in right to left format because the people in Japan read from right to left. Manhwa in Korea is created in left to right format because the people in Korea read from left to right. The only reason that manga is often translated to English from right to left is because if the manga is "flipped" then the art is skewed and looks off. Right handers become left handers, etc. Simply creating a comic right to left does not make it a manga. By that definition, all Arabic comics would be manga as well. Any manga/comic created in English that is written from right to left is confusing and uncalled for, but that's only my opinion, and I thought it needed to be stated.

On topic...

I only know of three publishers that are willing to publish American made manga, Tokyopop, Dark Horse, and Go Manga. You already knew that though, sorry! Of those I believe only Tokyopop is willing to publish the works of people under 18. Dark Horse doesn't set any age restriction on their website that I could find, so if you feel you have a polished, professional looking manga, go for it! There are a lot of legal issues that can happen when you try to publish without the consent of your parents, so be positive you have their full support on this before trying to publish anything.
Posted
Yeah, Dark Horse is on the top of my list right now. There's no age restriction, I already checked, they have ways around the child labor laws, it's somewhere on the forum. Guess I'm still goin' for Dark Horse then....well thanks for trying to help anyways :)
Guest Rindsayu-Chan
Posted
Dark Horse..... Dark Horse.... I`ve heard of it but haven`t read any manga from them.... could i get a web link? *big shiney anime eyes* pwetty pwease?

[lol]
Posted
[URL=http://www.darkhorse.com/]Link to Dark Horse Comics [/URL]

You may not heard of Dark Horse because they mostly publish American style comics. The manga titles that they publish include Trigun, Vampire Hunter D, Oh My Goddess! and Hellsing.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...