OtakuBoards

Mobile Suit Gundam---Minovsky Particles

Admiral Zabi

People, people, I have had a break through. The nuclear fusion that creates Minovsky particles in a Gundam's weapons and flight packs IS EXTREMLY POSSIBLE. With out going into too much detail I will explain this: The materials used in the reaction are atainable. Its uses a heavy hydrogen atom (Deuturium) and a Helium isotope known as Helium-3 (availabe rarely on earth Uranium mines, but most abundantly on the moon and gas giants) and they produce the stable Helium-4 and one proton that is positivley charged and can be caught in a magnetic field. If you would like to know more feel free to email me or PM me and I will let you know my ideas.

Admiral Zabi

Oh I understand that...but the fact that its so close at hand its pretty cool. Its not an atom bomb...It is a form of nuclear fushion which creates power (a farely clean form of energy)...then they charge that engergy and trap it in a magnetic field making it extremely sharp...example of this: Beam Sabers. It also has reflective powers when formed together like a "web".
Areospace studies show that the solar winds that come from the sun and bursh past the moon drops Helium-3 into the atmosphere of the moon, and then the meteors that hit the moon catch some of that Hekium-3 and push it serveal meters into the surface of the moon. They think there is over a billion tons on the moon.
It is also said that the four gas giants: Jupitar, Saturn, Uranis, Neptune, also have Helium-3 in their atmospheres. The main problem is the quantity of this helium isotope is EXTREMELY rare here on earth, only found in uranium mines.
Areospace studies also show that they expect by 2050 the energy crisis increasing 8 fold with the population swelling to 12 million, so they may start taking trips to the moon for special Helium-3 mining expendtions.
As for the Deuturium it one atom of it consists in 6,500 Hyrodgen, but that is just naturally something its done synthetically to make those odds less.
In conclusion as technology advances, the power of nuclear fushion increases and the population swells...hmm lets think about this----kinda sounds like how gundam started. Haha well if this is not a sufficent amount of information or you still have questions please, like I said early, PM me or feel free to email me

Admiral Zabi

This sounds all nice on paper but one thing is to say something can be done and the next is to do it ;) .
Fundings this would take quite a lot to fund plus the man power and how long would it take to actually make a sample? :animestun

Zabi, do you even know half the words you said? If you explain this theory in a way that uses smaller words and understandable sentences, I might be impressed. I'm not a genius, but it just seems like you're using big words to make yourself sound smart.

[quote name='Par-Fait']I'm not a genius, but it just seems like you're using big words to make yourself sound smart.[/quote]
Aww, heck, people aren't [I]always[/I] just wadding in tissue paper (although most have done this on occasion, myself included).

I know next to nothing about fusion stuff, but what you theorize does seem plausible and quite interesting. I'm assuming this is basically the same as the deuterium-tritium reaction (which is more well-known) and all you're doing here is replacing the tritium with helium-3, which results in an alpha particle (i.e. helium-4) and a proton (i.e. hydrogen-1) rather than an alpha particle and a neutron.

I'll lay aside for right now the question of how plausible it is that we're going to be able to find the helium and hydrogen isotopes that you name in quantities large enough to power armies of giant robots (one has to allow science fiction to have its fun [I]sometime[/I]). The main question I have about this kind of fusion is that, assuming you're getting most of the energy from the reaction out of the escaping proton, what then do you do with the alpha particle? Unless I'm missing something, it would seem to just end up as either radiation or some kind of waste material. Granted, alpha radiation is (relatively speaking) not all that dangerous, but there is a question to be raised about having radioactive robots flying around blowing each other up.

Again, I'm not really qualified to be asking about this and I fully admit my own ignorance in the area. Nifty topic, though.

You dont have to create big robots like Gundams to create what Zabi is talking about, you could just create a smaller versions of it, I think I would like to wield Gundam weapons for myself :animesmil

wouldnt we all want to wield a gundam weapon hahaha! I wasnt exactly impling to make a Gundam I was simpling throwing the idea out there because it is a very useful form of energy. And in answer to the question/confusion yes the proton that is made with the Helium-3 is waste material.

Admiral Zabi

Still what you have found or should I say researched is fasanating, I mean if money wasnt the issue, which it is all the time, you could theoritically make this right? how much time would something like this take though? Yes, I know you werent actually implying that someone make a gundam like some members thought but instead proving that we have the technology to built some of that awesome weaponry. However do you think it could be possible to built a gundam with the technology that we have now? Probably wont be made up of Gundanium but of titanium alloy, like the Tallguise. :cool:

Yes as usual the money would be the issue. If you actually take a look everything but the Gundams from Gundam Wing are made of some kind of alloy that is possible to make. But anyways, we may not have the technology now but studies show and some NASA experts say that they may start trying to mine the moon for its Helium-3 by the year 2008. So think about that one.

Admiral Zabi

Many things in Gundam is possible and what you just said proves it. If the government would just take funding out of other things and put it into this we could have a funtioning MS in no time. Of cource it would be in the early stages but it would still be able to terrorize our enemies. In a 100 or so years from now we could probably have models with anti-matter wepons and such, that is if we havnt nuke ourselves into oblivion lol.

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=gundampali23]1.this is all very interesting but do u think and believe our world is ready for that kind of technology.Earth isnt know for quietly cooping with each other. This is the question i have for all of u.

Is the world ready for gundams or even gundam weapons?[/QUOTE]
No. It isnt, the world couldnt even handle small weapons like a hand gun. Now we have depleated our earth of its own environment, and soon the green it has will slowly fade away and our beautiful sky, well whats left of it will be polited with all the technology we do have and yet still cant stop the polution. Nope we are not ready at all.....but hey if we continue like this we will be force to live in space colonies and then we will be ready for Gundams :cool: . Ofcourse thats lights years away from now ;)

Ya but even in the gunadm universes they are not even ready for Gundams. The death is a message sent by them. When u think about it thats not a good example t follow.
Now what i previously meant in my last post is not only the environment, but the inhabitants would be affected even worse.Look at our world. War in the middleeast, starvation in Africa, and overpowered governments. New weapons will not help.

yup. That pretty much sums up why we shouldnt. We woudnt have a need for them anyways. However I think it would be fun to see one , it doesnt neccessarily have to be armed or anything. And think with something that big. At lot of things could be built faster.Although sooner of later the government will get its hand on the idea and use it as a weapon of mass destruction. Nothing in this world is ever safe. :animedepr

• 4 weeks later...