OtakuBoards

Piercings and Self-piercing

[Sound_Nin]

Ive had my eyebrow pierced and ive had a labret...unfortunately ive had to remove both (work related)...anyhows i wouldnt suggest or personally do any self piercing...
a friend of mine did his brow and he stuck a knitting needle through the whole-when he tried to cut the needle on both sides the scissors jumped and cut his face...

[quote]I've got a bridge piercing, a piercing in my ear cartilage up near the top, 8g's in my lobes, and I've had a lip piercing before, as well as having a few friends who are professional piercers, so trust me, I know these things.[/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=hotpink]Thanks for backing me up. No one wants to listen to the truth, do they?[/size][/color]

Guest darkcop
Depends.
How do you define body piercing?
A tiny pierce in the ear lobe to hang an average ear ornament?
I guess that's okay. But I believe people would be better off without these extra body accessories dangling around. Most of the times, they don't even serve their purpose, that is to enhance the physical appearance of the bearer.
They end up looking like some war shield assualted by a pelt of bullets.
Also, health reasons have to be accounted for.
Diseases can easily be transmited via unsterilised needles and infections could be deadly.
It is proven that visiting a piercing expert would not gurantee you 100% safety for accidents can/will occur.
Besides, why put yourself through all that torment, not to mention money when it could just turn out to be a passing fad? Because it's cool or you are just merely following the trend blindly? I promise you, regretting it would be inevitable.
Note: I am not referring to insignificant piercings on the ear or such. I am addressing the more vital and major piercings. For example, tongue etc...

-darkcop

[quote name='Queen Asuka][size=1][color=hotpink]Thanks for backing me up. No one wants to listen to the truth, do they?[/size'][/color][/quote]

I've been sayin this sorta thing from the beginning :)
The best way to go is professionally. That way you don't make dumb *** mistakes.

• 2 weeks later...
I know this girl that pierced her own nose during spring break. It took her and her friend a good hour to get the bar through, and I personally don't think was very smart. But anyway.

I guess that's your body-- if you want to pierce yourself, by all means... I mean, it's not like I can stop you. XP

I guess I'm more on the safe side. I've had my ears pierced twice and my naval pierced, but that's it.

Speaking of which, I remember when I got my belly piercing (which is about four months old, now). I practically laughed through the entire process. XD; It was just too ticklish.

I think I find eyelid piercings the weirdest. They irk me so badly, not to mention seeing it makes my own sensitive eyes water like crazy. Bleh.