OtakuBoards

You best poem ever written

Guest Gun Preacher

Guest Gun Preacher
I like to write poetry and i've even thought of writing a book of it and i would like to see who else in here does the same thing.

Hey, here's an idea! Next time maybe try to have the content of your thread have something to do with the title. Wouldn't that be nice?

Yeah, I've tried it. But my poems aren't good enough, deep enough and don't have enough feeling. So I kind of restrict my artisticism to novel writing and drawing.

[COLOR=green]My personal philosophy is "if it doesn't rhyme, then it's not a poem." Just be frank with yourself: if it's not rhyming, then you are either writing fragments or sentences. Which is just fine, mind you, but don't call it poetry (DISCLAIMER: that's just my stance on the matter).

Also, it's not just rhyme, but rhythm. You can't just have fifty syllables rhyming with a three syllable verse. It doesn't work. Being able to be convey yourself with these "restrictions" (they really aren't, IMO) is what makes you a poet.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=AzureWolf][COLOR=green]My personal philosophy is "if it doesn't rhyme, then it's not a poem." Just be frank with yourself: if it's not rhyming, then you are either writing fragments or sentences. Which is just fine, mind you, but don't call it poetry (DISCLAIMER: that's just my stance on the matter).

Also, it's not just rhyme, but rhythm. You can't just have fifty syllables rhyming with a three syllable verse. It doesn't work. Being able to be convey yourself with these "restrictions" (they really aren't, IMO) is what makes you a poet.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[size=1]So what's your stance on haiku? It doesn't usually rhyme, but it's metered.

I think I fall somewhere between the two extremes of "it must be metered and have a rhyme scheme to be poetry" and "anything goes." One way you're constricted to the completely poor rhyming language of English, and the other way you can end up with a paragraph with line breaks. that's considered "poetry."[/size]

[size=1][color=#B2566B]Hello and welcome,[/color] Gun Preacher[color=#B2566B].

I'm sorry to do this but I think I've let this thread go on long enough. If you wish to look over the Basics of the OB Anthology, please go right ahead. In fact, it's highly advised that you do so before posting.

I am closing this thread due to the reason that it's title and content within the thread have little or no relevance. If you wish to reopen this thread, please do so but remember that your title and content within must have relevance.

Once again, I welcome you to the OB Anthology and hope will be seeing you often.

THREAD CLOSED.[/size][/color]