OtakuBoards

Just an Amature - please help

Hisao

I'd have to say that I think you definitely have potential judging by this picture alone. Let me start off by giving you a quick critique. It looks like you need to work on basic shapes judging by some of the proportions. Learn the foundation of the human body (stick figure or blocks or whatever you want to do) and then go from there. You need a solid foundation. I do like all the little details you added though, such as folds in the clothing and the sweat. The main thing is to keep practicing, you will definitely be good if you keep it up, so go to [URL]http://www.polykarbon.com[/URL] and go through the tutorials. It will help you a lot, just take your time with it. Good luck.

You've got the right idea of conveying what ya want the viewer to see but you need to practice drawing the human body and face--your porportions are off--even for anime.

Get someone to pose for you and practice drawin' 'em, or draw from a magazine of real people not anime characters. You'll learn quick--you've got what it takes.

It looks pretty good. Like everyone has said so far, work on your proportions. It helps if you just stare at the people around you. I think its basicly the arms you need to work on more. Normal muscles dont bulge out like that and maybe a little work on the hands. :)

[color=darkslateblue] To me, your bodily porportions aren't bad at all. :] The sizes of the heads match the body and the body matches the length of your arms and such. The only real proportion problem I see if the size of the wrists/hands compared to the length of the arms on the guy in front.

My only advice to give you is to learn how to sketch quickly. It's a lame peice of advice to give you, but all it means is more and more practice. I can tell by the way your lines look that you drew the picture slowly, which is great for beginners, but if you keep on drawing and practicing, wrinkles on clothing become instinctive.

All in all, cool picture. There is definately no serious proportion problems, and the fact that you're a beginner and drawing group pictures impresses me. I still suck at them a lot. >_> Hope to see more work! [/color]

wow what a cool advice d>_ anyway thanks alot
eventhough i dont have much time to do a sketch ...
so i might just give 1 or 2 per month...probably per year..hehe kindding..
anyway ARIGATO GOZAIMASHTA!!! MINNAA!!!
it means 'tanks a lot all of you' in case u dont know

[QUOTE=Hisao]wow what a cool advice d>_ anyway thanks alot
eventhough i dont have much time to do a sketch ...
so i might just give 1 or 2 per month...probably per year..hehe kindding..
anyway ARIGATO GOZAIMASHTA!!! MINNAA!!!
it means 'tanks a lot all of you' in case u dont know[/QUOTE]
[size=1]Well, I'm glad you like all the advice you were given. However, it'd be great if you could read the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php][b]Official OtakuBoards Rules[/b][/url] so that you understand what's expected of member's post quality. Capitals at the beginning of sentences and proper punctuation would be wonderful.

Thanks for the cooperation, and I wish you luck on your future sketches.[/size]

• 4 weeks later...