OtakuBoards

Operation6

Hittokiri Zero

Image created for a graphics contest.

As you can see the image is primarily text based, and although the "a" and "t" look odd the text is supposed to read: "Operation6"

(I actually cleaned up the "t" a bit but decided to leave the "a" as it was in the default font):

[url]http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6237/splashround2copy3lc.jpg[/url]

[size=1]You know, Hittokiri, life would be oh-so much easier if you were to crop out all that empty space so that the image didn't stretch OB's layout. It's not like anything [i]at all[/i] is happening out there except for some gradient.

I really have only one comment; it's too hard to read. If I hadn't seen the title of the thread, I'd still be scratching my head. The "t" is especially painful ... I finally realized it was broken up into two parts. Did you modify the font to make it look so hot, or did you download it? If so, what's the font name and could I get a link (plzkthxbaidude)?

You do a really good job on making the fonts look real and interesting, rather than flat and undynamic. Keep up the good work, maybe consider making things bigger and more legible, and you have a winner.[/size]

[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Yeah, I agree with Alex. Had you not mention the actual writing, I probably would've assumed it was some hyroglyphics or something.

The rest of it looks great, except for [i]one[/i] thing. Which is the 6. I like the colour (yellow is fine) but is it just me or does the top section of the six look like it's falling off the page in some way or another? This could be because it is slanted on a bad angle, or because of the durastic change in shade, but I'm sure if the colour was made a little lighter and it was slanted left a tiny bit, it would be fixed.

Great work though. I always love your typography.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#656446]The metallic 3D effect you placed on "Operation 6" is most excellent. Had the letter "a" been a bit more readable (the t's fine), the text/typography/decorative what-have-you would have been absolutely perfect! I also like the shade of yellow you used 'cause it reminds me of those "Caution" tapes people place around car crash sites.

It's a tad too wide in the left though. Since the text's roughly in the center, I think there should equal amounts of nothingness in all regions 'round the subject.[/COLOR]