Albert Flasher Posted March 23, 2006 Posted March 23, 2006 [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=Sienna]Does anyone else enjoy Folk music? I personally love folk music a lot. I find it manages to tell a story, but avoid the vulgarity of rap, and the redneck-ness of country. It's also a very versitile genre; you've got your John McDermott-style beautiful folk ballds, you've got your Stan Rogers-style upbeat and riveting folk, you've got your Neil Young-style folk-rock, you've got your Gordon Lightfoot-style fast-paced folk, amongst others. So my question is this: who are your favourite folk artists? Personally, my favourites are: Gordon Lightfoot Neil Young John McDermott Bruce Cockburn Stan Rogers Stompin' Tom Connors[/COLOR][/FONT]
Touchstone Posted March 26, 2006 Posted March 26, 2006 I love folk also-I grew up listening to it. Some of my personal favorites are Joni Mitchell, Nick Drake, Iron and Wine, The Decemberists, and Belle and Sebastian. Folk seems to have a very personal style that most genres of rock don't.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now