OtakuBoards

Console or PC and the online war

Guest Gun Preacher

Guest Gun Preacher
I think that in the future there will only be consoles that have online play because its easier to play and pick up and those who cant aford computers will be able to play.

so i would like to know your thoughts

[color=#4B0082]I don't see why PC games would die out just because consoles are getting online capabilities. People with PCs are still a huge market, both for online and offline games.

Also, if Sony and Microsoft keep going in the same direction they are now, Nintendo's will probably be the only consoles that are any cheaper than a PC. Even right now, I could probably put together a decent gaming PC for about $500, which isn't much more than an Xbox 360 costs.[/color]

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]Very true, Des but the difference between putting together a $500 dollar gaming PC as opposed to getting a 360, trust me I know this, is technical issues. Its easier for the casual gaming market to get a less techy console for their gaming needs and online play because the graphics stay good and the controller is a bit easier to work your way around than a keyboard and mouse....For some. I still stay that MMOs and most Online shooters and stuff are dominant on the PC and some of the best games I've played ever on the PC. F.E.A.R., anyone? However, with the casual market slowly tearing into the hardcore market its not hard to see how the console may take over the industry.[/SIZE][/COLOR]