OtakuBoards

Favourite number

kingN

My number's 21,748. o_O Oh yeah, mine's the biggest one yet. Ten thousands, baby. But I have a reason behind it. When I was in like first grade, I had a bike chain, and the combo on it was 21748. I still have that bike chain. But that's not all. Then, in fourth grade, I moved to a new town. We each had PIN numbers to get lunch, and mine was 217. The next year, I moved to a different school in the area, and even though it should have changed, my lunch number stayed at 217. The next year, 6th grade, it changed- but only to 2217. 7th grade, I moved up to the middle school. Everyone else's lunch number was the same as their 6-digit student ID number, but mine was 2217 again, and it stayed that way up to now, in 8th grade. It's pretty freaky. And whenever I play Keno, I do a 6-spot with 21, 17, 74, 48, 2, and 8. I once won 200 bucks on those numbers.

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1]A favorite number? I don't know. Its like having a favorite rock; its kind of pointless and serves no purpose. There are too many numbers out there, ranging from -infinity to +infinity, and the numbers people usually take as their 'own' and 'favorites' are everyone else?s 'own' and 'favorites'. 3s, 7s, 13s, and 11s. I suppose I can understand your favorite number being the day you were born on or the last winning number of your 10 billion dollar lottery ticket but most reasons given were inconsistent and poorly worded.

A few to say the least.

[QUOTE= macewindu0099]
3 is my favorite number because its odd like me :D [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Sayuri-sama]
actually my favorite number is 5. i dunno i just have a werid obsession with it!! its kinda like my lucky number :P[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE= Hanabishi Recca]I like 3.

Three is just so awsome. I don't know why, I just like it.

So, yeah.[/QUOTE]

If you read the OBs Terms of Agreement then you know that you should give more than a sentence worth of information. If you constantly strive to better your grammar, wording, and over-all post quality you can make the OB a much more enjoyable place.

~AC!D!C[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]If you read the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=52331][COLOR=RoyalBlue][B]Otaku Lounge Rules[/B][/COLOR][/URL] then you would know that it says this:[quote=Otaku Lounge Rules][SIZE=2][CENTER] [b]Reporting bad posts (Playing mod)[/b][/CENTER][/SIZE]
This one doesn?t seem to be too much of an issue, but it does happen on occasion. Please, if you find a thread or member that requires being dealt with by a moderator, and no moderator is currently available, do not take the liberty of dealing with the problem yourself. If you happen to come across this scenario the please use the ?Report bad post? button at the top right hand corner of a post, or you PM a moderator and alert them of the problem, and when a moderator is available, they will take care of it. Thanks for looking out for us, though![/quote]However [B]AC!D!C[/B] makes a good point since the rules also say this: [quote=Otaku Lounge Rules][b]Expected post quality.[/b]
Not only does post quality involve the concept of having clear, easy to read posts, along with correct use of spelling, grammar and punctuation, but it involves just how much a poster?s reply contributes, and expands to any given discussion. This is something that is greatly valued here at OtakuBoards, and we encourage members to exceed with their writing skills.[/quote]Several of the posts have been on the spammy side. So please put a little more effort into your posts as the lack of quality is putting this thread in danger of being closed. For example the post by [B]macewindu0099[/B], you could have expanded on your initial post of ?3 is my favorite number because its odd like me? by explaining why you think that you are odd.

[B] On Topic: [/B]I actually do not have a favorite number, like [B]AC!D!C[/B] I just don?t see the point. It just doesn?t make sense to have a favorite number. I could choose the number one, but it would only be because I was born on the first day of October. And even then it?s only my favorite number for one day. ^_~[/COLOR]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Trebuchet MS][quote name='AC!D!C][COLOR=DarkSlateGray']If you read the OBs Terms of Agreement then you know that you should give more than a sentence worth of information.[/COLOR][/quote]Not to hijack this thread for pernickety rules interpretation, but that just isn't true, and it's an attitude that drives away a lot of newbies who feel pressured to write essays to reply to threads. A single [B]word[/B] post is defined as spam by the rules, but a single sentence is not. As long as it adds to the discussion, isn't off-topic or offensive, single sentence posts can often be less 'spammy' than some of the huge blocks of punctuation-free text I sometimes see. (Having said that, some of the single sentence posts in this thread [B]are[/B] spam, as SunfallE has pointed out.)

[B]But anyway,[/B] I've had a sort of thing for [I]fifty-seven[/I] ever since I was little. Nothing to do with the numerical value, I just like the way it slips off the tongue. It has a sort of bouncy rhythm that I guess appealed when I was younger, and it's stuck with me.[/FONT][/SIZE]

I like the number 69. Its part of one of my favorit bands (The 69 Eyes). Also like the number 2 because I broke both wrists. 1 is also a good number, it represents me. I'm one person that can make a difference.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]My favourtie number is 257. I like it because my address is 25.... and when you add 2+5 what number do you get... 7! So I combined all those together and got 257! I'm not sure if my logic makes any sense but i just like that number. [/COLOR]

Oh yeah, not sure if this is filed under "favorite" but the last four numbers of my phone number (1185) are pretty nifty cause they appear in the Da Vinci code. Not that I've personally read the book. I was reading over the shoulder of this guy in my Spanish class and I'm like, "HOLY SHIZNIT THAT'S MY PHONE NUMBER!" XD