OtakuBoards

Favourite number

kingN

I always want to make a thread but didn't know what it should be about but then i was thinking andsomething came up...NUMBERS.
we use them everyday when we buy stuff or when we see what time it is,etc.
so i was wondering whats your favorite number and why?

My favorite numer is 32 cuase thats my football and baskteball number and also if you times 3 to 2 you get 6 and i graduate in 06, so thats why 32 is my fav number. :animesmil

[color=crimson]I've always been fond of the number 7 for a number of reasons. My fondness of it started in Elementary School. Here, they assigned you a numbered cubby hole (via your last name) that you put most of your stuff in. For several years in a row I always ended up with the seventh cubby hole so it kind of grew on me.

I took some time to learn about the number seven since then just to amuse myself- mostly just trivial party fact and stuff. It crops up alot in Christian materials- God rested on the Seventh day, The Beast has seven heads, there are seven deadly sins, vengeance will be brought upon Cain for the murder of Abel seven times over. I'm pretty sure there were some ties to Islam (and other faiths too) but I can't recall them at the moment. There are seven colors in the rainbow, there are seven openings on your head (mouth, ears, etc.), seven spots on the common ladybug and so on. Seven is usually regarded as being a lucky number in many cultures.

So yeah.[/color]

[color=darkslateblue] The number three, which is supposedly a popular number for some reason. I have no idea [i]why[/i] I started liking it... I just always use it when we have to do those 'guess a number between 1 and 10' sort of things. I've heard it being called as an evil number, but I don't have a faintest clue what that's all about. :/

But what Deahtknight said about the number 7 interests me. It's pretty cool to see repeating elements throughout different cultures and such.[/color]

[FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=DarkOrchid]I would have to say, my favorite number is 2.

I like it because it's even, and I was born on the 2nd of July. It's sweet having fireworks the day before my birthday. Once, Canada Day was celebrated on my birthday, so I was like 'FIREWORKS ALL FOR ME!"

Anyways, other than that, I don't know why I like the number 2. I guess it is fun to write. Especially any number with 2 in it. Like 22.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The number nine...9...novem IX ...just because it is cool I did it not in one...but two different launguages, beat that.

I think I became fond of the letter nine probaly back in the early days of life when we first learned out numbers. We would always go up to nine then start over with the number one and zero, you couldn't go up any higher than the number nine, which made it in its own way the highest single valued number so ha. Maybe also it comes from my ability to name alot of things with the letter I. My Ob screen name, my dog, and so on and the letter I is the ninth letter in the alphabet. so that can be why.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

13, no question to it. I'm not sure why, but I have always liked 13. I would have to guess that it is because the number is unlucky, so for someone as strangely backwards as I am it should be lucky (I even call it my lucky number). Sometimes I even like numbers that include 1 and 3. For instance, my locker number at work is 103. It is also the opposite of the number for the day of my birth (31st day).

I love being strange. :D

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Indigo]Nobody's favourite number is number 1 ? :D

It turns out my fav number is famous =.=
Yeah, it's 7.Got 3 reasons why.
1st is that 7 happens to be my basketball number.2nd is because it got me 10$ when i guessed it in a guessing game.3rd is coz of the K-Pop singer Se7en!! SEVEN ROCKS MY SOX ![/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]My favourite number is definitely 14. It was my very first soccer jersey number when I was 4, and it's half of the date of my birthday, April 28th. I can't explain it, I just think that 14 is a very pretty number, in both how it looks, and it's name. I'm weird like that.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Twenty-four is n't necessarily my [I]favorite[/I] number, but it's the closest I have to one. You see, twenty-four is my OCD number. When I'm reading I have to count the letters and bubbles inside the letters until I reach twenty-four, over and over again. It never stops. No matter where I am, if I see a word, I count up all the letters and bubbles. For example, Zhara would be seven, so I would have to find other words to make seven add up to twenty-four...

I need help. :/[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Metal Dragon
I never thought it's possible to have a favorite number, but I'd say mine is 13.
The reason is 'cuz I was born on the 13th

My favorite number is 6, and I don't think that makes me satanistic in the slightest :p

I'm almost always the 6th on the role call at school. It's kind of bizzare really. Also it's so much fun to write. Swoosh!

I wanted to add that in numerology 3 is the "holiest" number. It's also the most stable (a table with three legs is impractical, but really stable).

So two times that must be twice as good, right?

[FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=DarkOrange]My favorite "real" number is 32.

My favorite number is 2pi/bird. That's two pi over bird or two pi divided by bird. It's my favorite number because it's an inside joke between my sister and I. Oh, and by the way, 2pi/bird = 5

^L^ Later.

[/COLOR] [/FONT]