OtakuBoards

Political Music Video

KatanaViolet

So, I really dig political music. I'm a big fan of Anti-Flag, and I like it when artists speak out on issues that really matter. One band that I'm a big fan of that has transitioned to becoming more political (seems the Bush administration tends to bring that out of people), is NOFX. I know there are a couple NOFX fans here, and even if you look at this and say, "Well I don't like punk. What does this matter to me?", keep in mind that not all punk music is political, and not all political music is punk.

You have P.Diddy or Puff Daddy (or whatever it is he calls himself now) doing the Vote or Die campaign, Kanye West abhorring the Bush administration on international television, the Rock Against Bush and Punk Vote, U2, Sarah McLachlan and her "World on Fire" music video, just to name a few.

I myself made a political music video to a new NOFX song called "You're Wrong." Now for all you people who aren't fans of punk, no need to worry, this is an acoustic song so you don't need to worry about all the noise associated with punk and that sort of music.
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSAR53uX9wA]Click here for the link ^_^[/URL]

But I didn't just make this thread for the sole purpose of sharing my video with you guys, although I would really appreciate any comments or opinions about it, and I'm more than welcome to constructive criticism. But what I want to know in regards to the video is what message your getting from it, what do you see it as? Given that there are a lot of Americans here, I also want to hear what they think. Do you agree? Disagree?

The other purpose of this thread is, of course, discussion. Do you listen to political music, or follow politics at all? What political bands do you like? Why do you agree with what they are saying? Are you glad that they are saying it? What do you think of other artists who speak out on national and international issues? What do you think of past instances where artists have spoken out?

This is not limited to what is happening in the middle east, there are many instances where artists have spoken out on their opinions on national and global issues.

It would be interesting to see what kind of disscussion comes out of this. And if you do watch my video, thank you in advance! But if not, I still want to hear what you have to say on the issue.