OtakuBoards

Macross Zero & Other Anime Bootlegs...

Guest retroborg

Guest retroborg
By the way, hasn't Macross Zero been released on DVD with English subtitles all ready:
Or is this a bootleg copy?
[Link Removed by Moderator]

Then again, that DVD itself could be released directly from Bandai themselves since they're a global company after all.

But what about these:

Macros DYRL

Macross 7

Are they bootlegs?

Apparently, it would seem that there are two different Macross Zero complete (5 episode) DVD collections:

They've got 2 different covers and they're both region free (0)

Interesting... now I'm confused?

According to ANN Macross Zero was (unofficially) announced to be licensed by Pioneer. [url=http://animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=3486]Link[/url].
Granted that was 2 years ago, but since there are no other news items concerning an English company, I'd have to assume that they'll be the ones bringing the series over.
Since none of the Macross Zero DVDs have the Pioneer Logo on them (and one of them actually has Chinese subtitles on it) I'm going to say it's a bootleg.

Since the Macross Dynatmite 7 has the same logo as one of the Macross Zero DVDs, it must have been bootlegged by the same group. Not to mention that there are no English companies listed for it at Anime News Network. And once again, there are Chinese Subtitles.

Macross: Do You Remember Love? has the same logo on it, and Chinese subtitles. So bootleg again. In fact, the whole website that these DVDs are on seem to be bootleg.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Because these are all bootlegs, I'm going to have to remove the links from your post. Please do not post links to bootlegs of copyrighted material. In the future, and make sure to read the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]rules[/URL].[/COLOR]

Thread Closed.

-r2