OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy III (DS)

Sandy

[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Yeah, that's the video I saw aswell. Actually that's my bad because I had remembered it being the opposite (that being the camera being behind the characters while choosing attacks and in classic view only during attacks). So, yeah. The camera is find for me, now. Thanks for the correction.

As for the top screen thing, I think I'll live. It would have been nice to see them put it to better use, but I guess there will always be other games (for instance, I liked what Partners in Time did. Nothing special but it made a difference). [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Ugh, I still can't get over them not directly pounding each other... it's just...weird to me. :animestun

[quote name='White][color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]And thanks for the links, Tatsu. They've really got me excited.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]Good to be appreciated. :p [/FONT][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[color=#4B0082]Nintendo Power vol 208 arrived in my mailbox yesterday, and guess what the cover story is? Yep, FFIII. It's got a great six-page article on the game, and though it doesn't have much new info, it includes some gorgeous CG shots, some official art, and a bunch of new in-game screen shots.

I decided to scan two of the pages to share. Aren't you lucky?

[URL=http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?image=npffiiiscan1ck7.jpg][IMG]http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/7136/npffiiiscan1ck7.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL] [URL=http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=npffiiiscan2ej4.jpg][IMG]http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/7052/npffiiiscan2ej4.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Those two pages talk about the job system, which includes some about summoning. Included are screen shots of some classes which I don't think we've seen before, like Luneth as a Dark Knight (I think) in the first shot. As well, more comparison shots between the Famicom original and the DS remake. Everything's looking as great as ever.

And then on the next page we have an absolutely beautiful CG shot of Refia petting a Chocobo. She's so pretty. . . . Wait, what was I talking about? Oh, right, there's also a shot of Shiva and some details about how summoning works. It looks like, rather going with the generic "Summoner" name, it'll be Evokers who will do the summoning.

On page 39, which I didn't scan, is some info on how the game will make use of the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Apparently you'll be able to send mail to other players through Mognet, the moogle-based mail delivery service in the game, which can sometimes lead to the unlocking of sidequests. Nothing huge, but it sounds like a neat feature nonetheless.[/color]

[QUOTE=Desbreko][color=#4B0082]I don't think they have any games in development for the GBA anymore, and it also wasn't shown at all during the last E3.
[/color][/QUOTE]

Actually, S-E is developing "Advance" remakes of FF V and FF VI to the GBA, as a continuation to FF I & II and IV Advance. But other than those, I haven't heard anything else coming to the GBA anymore...

[QUOTE=Desbreko][color=#4B0082]
It looks like, rather going with the generic "Summoner" name, it'll be Evokers who will do the summoning.
[/color][/QUOTE]

If you look at the official site, you can see that there is both an Evoker [I]and[/I] a Summoner job, just like in the original game (Evoker was dubbed Conjurer in the fan-translation). Evoker is a weak summoner, only able to get random result from summoning, while Summoner has access to the more powerful attacks of the summon beasts (the latter style of summoning was the one that stuck with the rest of the series).

So there, inconsequential FF trivia for you! ;P

[quote name='Sandy']Actually, S-E is developing "Advance" remakes of FF V and FF VI to the GBA, as a continuation to FF I & II and IV Advance. But other than those, I haven't heard anything else coming to the GBA anymore...[/quote][color=#4B0082]I was refering to Nintendo not having any more GBA games in development. I know FFV and FFVI are still on the way from Square Enix. But I think those two are about all the system has left.[/color]

[QUOTE=Sandy]If you look at the official site, you can see that there is both an Evoker [I]and[/I] a Summoner job, just like in the original game (Evoker was dubbed Conjurer in the fan-translation). Evoker is a weak summoner, only able to get random result from summoning, while Summoner has access to the more powerful attacks of the summon beasts (the latter style of summoning was the one that stuck with the rest of the series).

So there, inconsequential FF trivia for you! ;P[/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]Ah, I guess I missed that. I should read up on it some more.[/color]

• 3 months later...
[font=Century Gothic][color=gray]I just bought the game about a week ago and I personally think that [color=indigo]FFIII[/color] is the perfect portable game. It's a 'true' FF game (Meaning 'no licenses' - sorry [color=indigo]FFXII[/color]) that sticks to its roots and still has good replay value. Though not comparible to Mario Bros. or Pokemon (Super-high replay games for [color=indigo]GameBoy[/color]), Final Fantasy III - and [color=indigo]FFV[/color] for GameBoy - is still one of those great games to pocket and play. I take it to work with me all the time (I can't do that anymore; my supervisior threatened to take my game from me if I keep getting 'tunnel vision' at work).[/color][/font]