OtakuBoards

Duckbill Platypus

Guest tanukioh

Guest tanukioh
I've been wondering just how those funky little Platapuses where made... ^_^ so I decided to ask you guys! o.o but I figured just an explination or a lesson in evolution would be dull, :) So I want you guys to tell stories on how think the platapus COULD have been made.

Guest tanukioh
[QUOTE=Amelia][FONT=Arial]I think it's rather obvious!
[/FONT]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/ShikyoKasu/duck.png[/IMG] [SIZE=4]+[/SIZE] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/ShikyoKasu/otter.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]
LOL!! ^_^ True, that's obvious! >.> but is ther any other stories?

[QUOTE=Amelia][FONT=Arial]I think it's rather obvious!
[/FONT]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/ShikyoKasu/duck.png[/IMG] [SIZE=4]+[/SIZE] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/ShikyoKasu/otter.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Century Gothic] [COLOR=DarkOrange]Excellent choice of pictures, they made me crack up.
[/COLOR] [/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]My story is that so far this thread is [U]spam[/U]. I suggest that people start putting a little more effort into their replies. Also [B]tanukioh[/B], when starting a thread try to put a little more effort into it. If you really want to discuss stories on how the Duckbill Platypus came to be you could have put in your own story of how you think it happened.

Or even some information on it?s origins for example:
[I]
When first seen in 1797 by early white settlers near the Hawkesbury River, outside Sydney, it triggered a search and controversy that lasted almost a century. Nicknamed the 'watermole', it was said to be a combination reptile, bird, fish and furred animal. The perplexed local governor sent specimens back to mother England for study.

But the English found it equally unbelievable. One zoologist suggested it was 'freak imposture' sold to gullible seamen by Chinese taxidermists. Another, suspecting fraud, tried to pry the 'duck's bill' off the pelt; the marks of his scissors can still be seen today on the original, now preserved in the British Museum of Natural History in London.[/I]

So I?m changing the basis of this thread to a general discussion on Duckbill Platypus and not just stories on how they came to be. [/COLOR]

Guest tanukioh
[QUOTE=SunfallE][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]My story is that so far this thread is [U]spam[/U]. I suggest that people start putting a little more effort into their replies. Also [B]tanukioh[/B], when starting a thread try to put a little more effort into it. If you really want to discuss stories on how the Duckbill Platypus came to be you could have put in your own story of how you think it happened.

Or even some information on it?s origins for example:
[I]
When first seen in 1797 by early white settlers near the Hawkesbury River, outside Sydney, it triggered a search and controversy that lasted almost a century. Nicknamed the 'watermole', it was said to be a combination reptile, bird, fish and furred animal. The perplexed local governor sent specimens back to mother England for study.

But the English found it equally unbelievable. One zoologist suggested it was 'freak imposture' sold to gullible seamen by Chinese taxidermists. Another, suspecting fraud, tried to pry the 'duck's bill' off the pelt; the marks of his scissors can still be seen today on the original, now preserved in the British Museum of Natural History in London.[/I]

So I?m changing the basis of this thread to a general discussion on Duckbill Platypus and not just stories on how they came to be. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]
>.< MANNN!!! how come my titles are never good enough?! o.o oh, and nice story, btw

[COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]I think my post was taken a little to seriously. I was trying to encourage more than just responding to someone?s post by saying it was funny. ^_~ So I?ll be a little more clear this time.

If you want to do what tanukioh suggested by all means post your story. If you like platypus?s then by all means post some facts. And if you have a funny picture, feel free to post those as well! ^_~

So here?s my story as to how duckbill platypus?s originated. They are the servants of the all knowing and all wise Platypus god! :p [/COLOR]

[IMG]http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/4469/platypusgod2mm.jpg[/IMG]

Guest tanukioh
[QUOTE=SunfallE][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]I think my post was taken a little to seriously. I was trying to encourage more than just responding to someone?s post by saying it was funny. ^_~ So I?ll be a little more clear this time.

If you want to do what tanukioh suggested by all means post your story. If you like platypus?s then by all means post some facts. And if you have a funny picture, feel free to post those as well! ^_~

So here?s my story as to how duckbill platypus?s originated. They are the servants of the all knowing and all wise Platypus god! :p [/COLOR]

[IMG]http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/4469/platypusgod2mm.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]
SWEEET! LOL!!!

O.o Here's my story! ^_^

o.o The duck walked wearily down the street, with machine guns, and blew away everyone in his path (later, the story was changed and became "another one bites the dust"). However, she spared teh platapuses. >.> and thus a treaty was formed. o.o forged in the form of a small platapus with a duck-bill, named Bob. >.> Who was shunned by the elders of the Ducks and platapuses, and sent to Austrailia. o.o where there was much egg-laying. The end. ^_^

O.O I know. totaly not good, but I usually write better. >.< recent events have given me writers block.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Metal Dragon
One stormy night these drunk group of guys were walking home after happy hour and decided to play a fun game where they each have two days to make the strangest thing ever seen. When two days pass, the first guy showed them a bowl of green goop. They all decided it was a stupid thing and the game went on. The second guy showed them a bowl of brown gloop and since everyone figured out what it was, they all said no and then it was the last guys turn. He showed them a platypus. When they asked him how he made it, he told them, " By cutting up 10 ducks and beavers and pasting them together with crazy glue." The guy was later arrested and sent to jail.

THE END

Guest tanukioh
[QUOTE=Metal Dragon]One stormy night these drunk group of guys were walking home after happy hour and decided to play a fun game where they each have two days to make the strangest thing ever seen. When two days pass, the first guy showed them a bowl of green goop. They all decided it was a stupid thing and the game went on. The second guy showed them a bowl of brown gloop and since everyone figured out what it was, they all said no and then it was the last guys turn. He showed them a platypus. When they asked him how he made it, he told them, " By cutting up 10 ducks and beavers and pasting them together with crazy glue." The guy was later arrested and sent to jail.

THE END[/QUOTE]

HAHAHHA!!!

>.> Once there was a crazy scientest goose, that kidnapped a beaver. O.O it did all kinds of experements on the beaver... O.o then one day, the lab exploded, and the two fused together, forming the first Duck Billed Platapus...then the new creature just cloned itself over and over.