OtakuBoards

Boy Problems Kind Of-ish

Maneki Neko

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1][FONT=Verdana]There's this guy that I started working with around a month ago. We've started hanging out a lot, and we're already pretty close. We are able to talk for a really long time, and he keeps me interested intellectually and sexually (sexually technically, kissing, cuddling, etc. I'm not a slut, most of the time). Anyways the point is, I already care about him very much, and the feelings are mutual.

So, what's the problem? He is in the Army National Guard, he'll be leaving in June for Basic Training and AIT. We don't want to make our relationship thingy official because he doesn't want to have me be tied down and I don't want that for him either. I stilll would really like to make it official, so I'm open to dating til he leaves or staying together long distance.

Any input? Please?

[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[font=Arial][size=1]Now this is really tricky...both outcomes are equally acceptable to be exact. You can make your relationship official, JUST AS LONG as you stay loyal to each other. I can't express how IMPORTANT it is. Cheating on someone will seriously hurt the other. Trust me, I've been there.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1] [/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1]Now for both of you to just stay friends, thats okay. Stay in contact, most likely by letter, and just be friends. There will be others out there that you will find feelings for, same for him. You never know. Stay his friend and see what happens. Thats all I can suggest.[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1]All in all, do what you FEEL will be right, not what you WANT. Your feelings won't let you down, okay? And being an Army man, he'll learn loyalty and respect, so (if trained right), he will never cheat on you and respect you if you stay with him. Good luck! ^_^[/size][/font]
[font=Arial][size=1]-Matthew Duffey[/size][/font]

If you guys do agree do getting together and doing the long distance thing, I'll warn you now, it's VERY hard. It takes alot of time and effort, as well as ALOT of trust.

I'm finishing up my 2nd year of University and I'm doing long distance with my boyfriend. We have spent more time long distance than we have together. We've been together for almost 3 years now. I love him immensely, but the strain is and has taken it's toll. Honestly I don't know how much longer we can keep it up, which makes it even harder.

But I will say, that getting to see him makes me more happy than I ever have been.
You just have to make sure that it's worth it.

Good luck with it.